• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
  • 2Like
Reactions:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
A fine choice. Congratulations @slothinator , your tale of Papal corruption, massacre and misery may not be cheerful but it is excellent nevertheless.

• 3Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Thank you all!

You did not, so well done!

Unfortunately, most of the writers I'm currently reading have been given the award this year (presumably because at this point in the year, everyone who's updating regularly has been recognised, which explains why even Imperial Cheese [for some reason] is worthy of attention and praise).

Fortunately, one author is updating their AAR, and hasn't been awarded this one in nearly (by less than a week) a year. And it's really good, meshing the game, and socio-economic and theological history together. All this being said, I hand over the award to the much more deserving @slothinator , for their much more deserving AAR:

Annuntio Vobis: A Papal History of Italy

Congratulations, @slothinator!

Congratulations, @slothinator !!

Well done and congratulations @slothinator

Always good for a nod. Well done @slothinator !

A fine choice. Congratulations @slothinator , your tale of Papal corruption, massacre and misery may not be cheerful but it is excellent nevertheless.

Congratulations, @slothinator

Congratulations @slothinator! And belated ones to @CBR JGWRR and @TheButterflyComposer!

Thank you all for your kind congratulations and a special thanks to @TheButterflyComposer for the nomination!
I'll be sure to return in a couple of days with my own successor!

• 3Like
Reactions:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Thank you very much!

Now the time has come for me to choose a suitable successor and I can think of no one better than @BigBadBob with their excellent:

For All We Have and Are: Britain in the Great War - (1901 Series)

As the Great War hurtles towards its painful conclusion, you still have time to witness the last German offensives, wonder if the Americans are ever going to help out, and brace yourselves for a peace that will satisfy no one. All of this bounty is written in an excellent style that keeps you on the edge of your seat for the next update.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I’ve slipped quite far behind on this masterwork, but I have every confidence the latest updates have been just as good as the rest, and I’m massively looking forward to having the time to sit down with them properly.

Many congratulations @BigBadBob on a fantastic project!

• 2Like
Reactions:
Congrats @BigBadBob , another AAR I need to check out at some point!

• 2Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Thank you, all! Huge thanks, of course, to @slothinator for the nomination!

As the Great War hurtles towards its painful conclusion, you still have time to witness the last German offensives, wonder if the Americans are ever going to help out, and brace yourselves for a peace that will satisfy no one. All of this bounty is written in an excellent style that keeps you on the edge of your seat for the next update.

You say hurtling but, if I stick to my chapter plan, we're just about 40% of the way through...

I will need to do some intense reading in the next 24 hours, but will aim to have you a nomination before the weekend is out!

• 2Like
Reactions:
  • 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: