Will it be possible to sinicize Japanese cultures?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

luanmameili[LM]

Major
82 Badges
Nov 15, 2016
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
Like this?

SINICIZE.png

• 5Like
Reactions:
Japan, although influenced by Sinicization, is the only one in East Asia that is less Sinicized due to its remote location, which makes it easier to remain independent, not to mention the fact that the task has given you more manpower to accept culture for simulation.

Reactions:
So you don't have to accept the Chinese cultures manually.
But again... Why should Japan have the unique gameplay benefit to eat up Ming with no wrong culture issues? Why does Japan need a buff?

Don't you think this change would make Japan dramatically OP?

• 2Like
Reactions:
But again... Why should Japan have the unique gameplay benefit to eat up Ming with no wrong culture issues? Why does Japan need a buff?

Korean, Manchu, and Mongol (I think) can do it. It's just kind of nice to have.

Reactions:

Because Japan now has an entire mission tree focused on claiming the Mandate. And historically, apparently Hideyoshi intended to move the "mainland" into China had they finished conquering it, as it was more prestigious title and realm.

However, the devs have stated they won't do it for Japan simply because it requires a lot of work, as the process to set it up is somewhat "manual", so they've given Japan more accepted cultures instead.

Korean, Manchu, and Mongol (I think) can do it. It's just kind of nice to have.
Yeah, all of those, plus Tibetan and Vietnamese.

Reactions:
However, the devs have stated they won't do it for Japan simply because it requires a lot of work, as the process to set it up is somewhat "manual", so they've given Japan more accepted cultures instead.
What is the uniquely difficult thing about Japanese culture that makes it more difficult to add a sinicization decision for the devs? They could add this for the Koreans, Manchus, Mongols, Tibetans and Vietnamese - what's the difference between these and Japanese? It'd be great if you elaborate or give us a link to follow up.

Reactions:
Talking of Chinese culture and who is in it, the new Emperor of China missions are available to anyone who takes the mandate - and is Chinese culture. That's a crying shame for anyone else who might do this and won't get any missions - countries like Lan Xang, the Khmer, Ryukyu... I find it really dumb to gatekeep these missions. If you made content, why restrict how many players will get to experience it ?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Talking of Chinese culture and who is in it, the new Emperor of China missions are available to anyone who takes the mandate - and is Chinese culture. That's a crying shame for anyone else who might do this and won't get any missions - countries like Lan Xang, the Khmer, Ryukyu... I find it really dumb to gatekeep these missions. If you made content, why restrict how many players will get to experience it ?
The most reasonable design should be to design several sets, respectively for the Chinese(Vietnam, Korea), Southeast Asian(Thailand Myanmar Malaysia), nomadic(Yuan Qing Tibetan), Japanese(Ryukyu). But the production team obviously did not intend that, in fact, the emperor mission was originally designed for Ming,Halfway through the process, I t changed it to general purpose

• 1Like
Reactions:
1. Add a variant of all Japanese cultures with the same name that are in the Chinese culture group (Sinicized)
2. Convert these cultures to the variant when you press a decision/mission/event/other button.
3. You're done now?

I could see the argument that it sets a bad precedent and that people would just continually demand that more and more cultures be able to sinicize themselves. "Hello, I'd really like to sinicize my Italians", 6 months from now.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
You could still essentially sinicize yourself by straight-up cultureflipping to Chinese. There are only three Japanese cultures to accept anyway, as opposed to more than a dozen Chinese ones.

1. Add a variant of all Japanese cultures with the same name that are in the Chinese culture group (Sinicized)
2. Convert these cultures to the variant when you press a decision/mission/event/other button.
3. You're done now?
Take it up to the devs then, I don't code or mod, so I have no idea how hard or easy it would be, I'm just repeating what they've stated themselves.