• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I would like to nominate the Stellaris AAR “One World is not Enough - Normans in Space”, by @hjarg

It appears to be a continuation of a series of a previous Crusader Kings 3 campaign, but now taking to the stars, and has a very well-written backstory and a writing style that is easy to follow. Plus, they have good camera work on the screenshots that they’ve put together for the AAR, a nice selection of visual mods to make it even more appealing, and used some techniques for presentation that I might want to consider incorporating into my own AARs in the future.

hjarg is still early in their campaign as the Normans colonize nearby star systems and meet alien civilizations, but their updates are still proceeding steadily and are of a consistent quality, so I am very happy to nominate them, and look forward to seeing how their story proceeds!

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Very many congratulations @hjarg ! Looks like no one ever could stop that Norman invasion :D

• 2Like
Reactions:
I'm really enjoying it too! Congratulations, @hjarg!

• 2Like
Reactions:
As was foretold the Stellaris Incest continues, I swear they are worse than the Habsburgs. ;)

That aside, congratulations @hjarg for finding a way to send the Normans out into Space and making it not too ridiculous.

• 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Guess it is my turn now...

Something that has started in CK2 and is currently running in HOI. And something that starts with Estonia's borders extending to the Black Sea. If the latter does not make an AAR good, I don't know what does.

So, here goes one for @RedTemplar and his journey with Estonia through 4 games!

Go Estonia!

I would like to nominate the Stellaris AAR “One World is not Enough - Normans in Space”, by @hjarg

It appears to be a continuation of a series of a previous Crusader Kings 3 campaign, but now taking to the stars, and has a very well-written backstory and a writing style that is easy to follow. Plus, they have good camera work on the screenshots that they’ve put together for the AAR, a nice selection of visual mods to make it even more appealing, and used some techniques for presentation that I might want to consider incorporating into my own AARs in the future.

hjarg is still early in their campaign as the Normans colonize nearby star systems and meet alien civilizations, but their updates are still proceeding steadily and are of a consistent quality, so I am very happy to nominate them, and look forward to seeing how their story proceeds!

Thank you once again! Always nice to be appreciated :)

Very many congratulations @hjarg ! Looks like no one ever could stop that Norman invasion :D

Anyone stopping the Norman invasion is apparently as likely as me stopping writing about then, apparently!

As was foretold the Stellaris Incest continues, I swear they are worse than the Habsburgs. ;)

That aside, congratulations @hjarg for finding a way to send the Normans out into Space and making it not too ridiculous.

Come on, cousins at the closest! And it's not my fault the only viable candidates happened to be close relatives? :D

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
The effort that goes into a mega-campaign is always worth respect, more so if something good comes out of it. Congratulations indeed @RedTemplar

• 3Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Guess it is my turn now...

Something that has started in CK2 and is currently running in HOI. And something that starts with Estonia's borders extending to the Black Sea. If the latter does not make an AAR good, I don't know what does.

So, here goes one for @RedTemplar and his journey with Estonia through 4 games!

Go Estonia!
Thank you so much! I am honored every time someone deems my writing worthy of recognition -- I have a blast writing these stories, and I'm happy that others get enjoyment from it, as well.
Estonia in HoI, HRE in CK; did you go to the @Bullfilter/@Eurasia School of Time Management and Multiple Concurrent AARs? @RedTemplar, my congratulations and a box of warm ruiskatut will be traveling the cyber highway to you!

The effort that goes into a mega-campaign is always worth respect, more so if something good comes out of it. Congratulations indeed @RedTemplar
It is definitely a time commitment! Between playing both games, taking screenshots and detailed notes for post ideas, it definitely takes a lot of time and energy. But it's also a blast, and I'm enjoying the progress of both campaigns -- glad you are as well! And I just looked up what a ruiskatut is, and now I need to try that!
Congrats @RedTemplar! :D This is one that's been on my back burner for a while; slowly working my way through Part 1 as we speak.
Glad to have you along! That old Part 1 brings back some good memories. Hard to believe it was so long ago already that we've been immersed in this world! HoI4 is chugging along, so I'll look forward to having you up at the front of the train when you're done reading!

• 2Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
The new week has come, and the time has come to pass on the award.

As the followers of my AARs have read, I have been largely absent from the forums of late due to a car accident that totaled my personal vehicle. Having spent so little time on the forums in the past weeks, I don't feel that I can fairly nominate a proper successor, and so I would like to submit to an open nomination for this week's award.

Thank you once again for all of you who have said such kind things about my writing, and who have wished me well in the aftermath of the crash!

• 2Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: