• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sounds like to me you are building and building as you wait for that time in which war with Prussia or France might be tenable. They are surely your biggest fear...well, if Brother Jacobs has such. ;)

It seems to me that you will soon have a military power stronger than France's... then you can crush them!

TekcoR: ...Strategic Mobility and Railroads expanded, that's all that really happened this year..

what? ? no expansion of the mighty military? ? how do you expect to beat France? ? :D

excellent update! ! :cool:

We Are Not a Road, We Are a Country!

What I write now may seem fast paced to those too slow to travel upon the great marvels of the Benelux. Europe has settled into a disturbing reality of peace, with the little possibility of war. A balance of power has been re-established since the minor war between our two great neighbors.

But we should never fear, our great king has seen us through troubled times before and shall see us through the deafening snore. For he has decreed the capacity of the rails are to be expanded across the rest of European Benelux. But one question needs to be asked to him: “Shall we use high or low pressure?” He shall surely be confused by such a question!

Domestic policy was once the concern of great people, but foreign affairs quickly distract them. Legacy is always forged away from ones own hearth, and such is true for our king’s great plan! Ordinary citizens to be conscripted to become great soldiers, an army of one forming together to make an army of many! Individuality thrown out to become a collective will.

But then one has to ask how professional is our great force? Surely the Ottomans shall answer us with great religious honesty. We should not fool ourselves with the thought we are invincible, because it is the folly of educated teens. It is most obvious through our diplomatic agreement, we are not who we think we are! For the sake of Christ, we are teaching the sick men of Europe how to have mechanical production and strategic mobility! In return they shall teach us, true Europeans how to be professional!

(End of 1842)

Of course it is all relative. Being impressive to the Ottomans may not, ultimately, be that impressive ;)

TekcoR: ...we are teaching the sick men of Europe how to have mechanical production and strategic mobility! In return they shall teach us, true Europeans how to be professional!

thou givest more than thou receivest ! ! truely, the Christian Way! ! :D

Oh great day it is! A conference has been assembled to discuss the future of Europe with one nation… The Frogs are truly confused, having sent three diplomats to each one of our cities that could claim to be capital! Our great king, surely a master of travel, has seen them all and relations have increased three-fold with France!

Surely a surprise that these blinded Frogs do not see the increasing mobilization, for four new divisions are now held in reserve, a grand total now soars to 13! And a bewilderment to them, how we, a small nation stuck between two large nations are more industrial than them! Oh poor Frogs, you are rather tasty with our numerous sauces.

And forget they how organized our great factories are! Poor Frogs, and they ask us why we are more industrious than them! But wait, what is this? Foolish men! How dare they speak unto our king like this, our reply must be swift! Our actions shall not be questioned for we are off to war with…

Oh traitorous Frogs, how could you pretend to protect the insignificant Danes? Surely we cannot punish France, so Denmark must do! Off to war we are! Off to war is the Benelux. None of our roads lead to Denmark, but they do lead to the sea! Summon the navy! Oh shucks! They are still stationed in Java! Denmark, please wait! We are almost ready.

(1843 to beginning of November 1844)

They seems to be some fuzzy logic in that post.

That thricefold-relational-improvement was a slick move. :cool:

TekcoR: ...Our actions shall not be questioned for we are off to war with…Denmark, please wait! We are almost ready...(1843 to beginning of November 1844)

oh great, this may give new meaning to "Winter War"... :rolleyes:

looking forward to the Winter War with Denmark! ! :D

stnylan: There seems to be some fuzzy logic in that post.

there was too much fuzzy for me to see the logic! ! :wacko: ;)

Probably just fancied a war with the Danes. And why not, I say...if only we had that navy handy. ;)

I see the logic in that!

You don't like France, and you're scared of France, so you vent all your rage against the Danes! Which sucks because if there was anyone to be scared of it would be them... Danish people are CRAZY! :wacko:

Don't wait to long with updating please. I want to know why you invaded legoland.

btw you made me restarting my own Benelux AAR wherefore thanks.

Ah shucks! Faulty intelligence we have! Blinded by the fact that they our naval forces truly reside within homeland ports! Though we should not worry, for inaccurate intelligence surely causes nothing to be wrong! With facts aside, our greatest commander [of the time], Herman, leads his grand armee of five divisions onto the greatest wooden ships available!

Off the coast of Denmark we arrive for to vanquish a foe is of great worth! But what is this!? Two Danish man-of-wars approach with a vigor fury never seen! How dare they oppose in a time of war! Nevertheless, all surprises are thrown aside into the dark depths of the sea. Our great naval commander [again, of the time] Huygens quickly disposes our greatest enemy [can you guess it, of the time?]. Victory in the Hegolander Bucht! Victory!

With the greatest wooden fortresses that float sunk, our great commander begins the invasion of the Danish province of Ribe! Oh my! It is a glorious, nah, a tremendous feeling to be the invader, and not the invaded! Quickly they the Danish horses ride to throw Herman into the sea! But no avail is given to the horse man Jessen who flees before the battle and gallop are complete!

But again, what is this? On the most of holy of days these Vikings dispense their horse man Jessen to dislodge us from our suitable positions at Flensburg. And again he flees in the most humiliating way! Tremble mighty Danes, for we the superior Benelux have become more aggressive than once thought imaginable. With our ways, we shall do something beyond even our wildest dreams!

(November 1844 - December 31st, 1844)

Well, no worse for wear after that naval surprise. Time to take revenge for the burning of Dorestad and similar in the 9th century!

What, a 1000 years is too long to hold a grudge? ;)

TekcoR: ...With our ways, we shall do something beyond even our wildest dreams!

and if we are lucky, you shall do something even beyond our wildest dreams! ! :D

I give it an A-... it could have gotten an A... but it didn't do enough to talk about the cause of racism in our times...

however... it was still an amazing piece of work...

Yay!