• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(17581)

AARlander
Jun 12, 2003
Visit site
After playing EU2 for years one might think that they have done it all. World Conquests. Building a Tea Road from Normandy to China. World Conversions. World Conquests with minors. World Conquests with pagan minors. Completely arbitrary gameplay goals, like conquering every province in alphabetical order. Or even playing two countries at once, where one country annexes all the coastal provinces and the other annexes all the inland ones. Wait that hasn't been done yet?

Venice/Steiermark, EU2 v1.09, WATK v3.11. Steiermark starts with one coastal province and that's all it gets, because it at least needs transports to annex the inland provinces of the americas and africa as well as annoying 'inland islands'. Otherwise it's all inland, and Venice is all coastal provinces and islands.

I'll try to update at the pace of one year a day, so it will take a little over a year to finish this AAR. The worst part is, that means that this AAR will have the shortest projected time to completion over every single one of my AARs. Anyways, we're off.

By the way this thread will be very picture-heavy and the 10-pic cap per post is REALLY inconvenient.

ScreenSave1a.png

And so we begin our wonderful journey.

ScreenSave4a.png

I, anonymous4401, am Venice. Venice has four provinces on the coast of the Adriatic sea, and three islands. Beyond this it has cores on Brescia and Ferrara. Sadly the core on Brescia will never be realized.

ScreenSave0b.png

and i, anonymous4402, am steiermark. i have many cores that arent my provinces but those provinces belong to my friends and allies so i can let them have it for now :)

ScreenSave5a.png

Venice's weak point is her low land morale, thanks to highly naval and defensive sliders, so land tech must be researched immediately.

ScreenSave1b.png

i want to build tax collectors but im not smart enough yet ;_;

ScreenSave6a.png

Still I don't think I'll touch those sliders yet, as I'll need to continue my naval and trade dominance for the whole game. I'll just centralize.

ScreenSave2b.png

venice says i dont need any naval at all so i should just go full land :)

ScreenSave4b.png

also i think it would be a good idea if we were all in the same alliance working together :)

ScreenSave7a.png

It would definitely be a good idea to be in the same alliance.

ScreenSave9a.png

Unfortunately me joining Steiermark's alliance did not bring them into my current war with Croatia and Hungary. I start off with raising 10k infantry and promoting tax collectors in three provinces.

ScreenSave10a.png

My starting army of 15k is ferried to Dalmatia less three precious cannon by my starting navy, which is quite formidable.

ScreenSave11a.png

A first battle is had, and despite Venice's weaknesses the advantage of terrain and numbers should win out.

ScreenSave12a.png

And first blood is shed.

ScreenSave13a.png

The remaining Croatians are quickly scattered and I begin the siege of the coastal province of, well, Croatia.

ScreenSave6b.png

:)

ScreenSave14a.png

Military access is had.

ScreenSave15a.png

My 10k army done, I march it to Steiermark.

ScreenSave16a.png

Well I hope that keeps them busy.

ScreenSave7b.png

well ok but i dont think austria needs the help isnt luxembourgh one of those tiny countries? :)

ScreenSave9b.png

oh its allied to hungary bohemia teutonic order and livonian order :( well at least i get to help my friend venice :)

ScreenSave10b.png

maybe i can get some nice inland hungarian land though all of hungary is inland :)

ScreenSave11b.png

yay i like having stability :)

ScreenSave12b.png

;_;

ScreenSave13b.png

goodbye stability ill miss u ;_;

ScreenSave18a.png

Ha! Too bad that didn't take Bohemia out of the war or anything...

ScreenSave14b.png

yay i can be just like venice and make tax collectors :)

ScreenSave15b.png

i make tax collectors everywhere EVERYWHERE

ScreenSave16b.png

also i dont think bohemia wants to be in the war anymore its not even in the alliance anymore so maybe if i give them some gold they will be happy to go home :)

ScreenSave17b.png

:(

ScreenSave19a.png

And oh look what Croatia did! I guess it was completely unnecessary to have Steiermark lose 3 stability after all!

:mad:

Anyways, that's it for 1419. See you tomorrow hopefully!

How many times do I have to tell you , stop playing with yourself ! Gosh ; - taps his watch - ; we've still got some more savoy/milan to do AND a world conversion scheduled sometime this year and now you've gone off on another project . At least this is picture friendly ; time to vegetate !

You sir, are absolutely crazy.

I still love it, though!

Schizophrenia a-go-go clearly. Always good for a laugh!

Have to love the originality.

Pah. A real man would have determined the minimum number of states necessary to ensure that no state has two contiguous provinces and then played as that many states to bring such a world about. Hang your head, anon.

Yay, anonymous4402 is back. I really missed him after that incident anonymous4401 does not want to talk about. :D

Jokes, puns and sillyness aside, could you please colour the text, so that it's easier to know, what personality = country is ... er ... speaking. How about green for Steiermark and blue for Venice?

Underhand said:
Pah. A real man would have determined the minimum number of states necessary to ensure that no state has two contiguous provinces and then played as that many states to bring such a world about. Hang your head, anon.
But mathematics has proved that that number is four states, and I only have one laptop and one desktop.

ScreenSave18b.png

yay my first province siege now i can siege their capital :)

ScreenSave20a.png

Croatian forces are building up worryingly in Slavonia. I'd better crush them when I have the chance.

ScreenSave19b.png

venice says i should help in a joint attack on slavonia :)

ScreenSave21a.png

Hmm I seem to be outnumbered. Well I hope that I can at least hold out until Steiermark's reinforcements arrive.

ScreenSave22a.png

Or not.

ScreenSave20b.png

yay my armies are here :) wait wheres venice?

ScreenSave21b.png

war war never changes ;_;

ScreenSave23a.png

Well time to try again with the few thousand cavalry I built a few months back. And I moved my 10k infantry to Croatia so that the army that was there could move against Slavonia also.

ScreenSave24a.png

Not again!

ScreenSave25a.png

Without cavalry, what hope is there?

Last edited:
ScreenSave26a.png

Pretty good I guess, and I can start moving an army into Slavonia also. This time they won't succeed!

ScreenSave27a.png

Now they REALLY won't succeed!

ScreenSave28a.png

Yeah, no Croatians succeeding here.

ScreenSave29a.png

And now the siege begins proper.

ScreenSave22b.png

i like stability :) and peace money :)

ScreenSave23b.png

and successful sieges :)

ScreenSave24a.png

my armies are besieging szegedin now

ScreenSave25b.png

and pozsony :)

ScreenSave30a.png

Yes just what I needed a one-province minor joining the war.

ScreenSave31a.png

At least OUR one-province minors are actually helpful.

Never underestimate 1 province minors.

You better make sure Venice doesn't find out that your playing Steiermark or there's going to be trouble :D . Nice aar, even though I generally look down on polygamy I'll be following this one.