• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ah... you must become a fully industrialized country!

A one way road! Amazing!

I seem to have forgotten how to talk... so now I take my leave...

TekcoR: ... To the Prussian we shall ally! ... A revolt had occurred.

aye, to the Prussian. except when the Prussian wars on the "seafaring kingdom above"... ;)

and, be sure to train your troops on that small revolt ! ! :D [good catch, stnylan :) ]

excellent update! ! :cool:

joebthegreat said:
Ah... you must become a fully industrialized country!

A one way road! Amazing!

I seem to have forgotten how to talk... so now I take my leave...

I often seem to forget how to talk/write after being in the mindset of Brother Jacobs.

@Ghostwriter Thats all the revolts are for, target practice!

@DukeofWellington Prussia seemed like the most obvious choice, or perhaps the King simply thought Russia was Prussia but without the P.

@Others I know you are are out there, feel free to post whenever you want.

And good news, unlike my other Victoria: Revolutions AAR, this one will not be cancelled. I really enjoy writing this, because it makes me acutally think pretty hard.

TekcoR: I often seem to forget how to talk/write after being in the mindset of Brother Jacobs...

so, are you back from vacation, yet? ? ;) :D

GhostWriter said:
TekcoR: I often seem to forget how to talk/write after being in the mindset of Brother Jacobs...

so, are you back from vacation, yet? ? ;) :D

I'm writing another AAR at the moment and thinking of some humor for the next few updates of this one. This one won't die though.

We Are Not a Road, We Are a Country!

Pardon for my long delay, my fellow subjects of this great, noble king, a god among men does he proclaim to be! I have returned with the utmost haste that is possible in these modern days, summoned away by the evil necessity of others well being. But nevertheless, I have returned once more to spew the great truth of the marvelous Benelux upon these pages for the future person to read.

Truly a pampered lifestyle do the merchants, clergy and most definitely do the nobility live! But what of the poor people must you ask? Certainly the wealthier can buy their way out from the oncoming trouble that mother nature presents onto the worldly inhabitants! Trouble spares anybody, but it is the less fortunate that suffer the consequences and wrath of the at times benevolent mother nature. A great storm can hit any city, and who are the most affected? Certainly not the ones who had the means to flee!

I apologize if my tirade seems to boggle the unintelligent mind, but read on my great reader from the future! It is interesting to note, that even of yesteryear we speak the amazing bore that many masses simply deem history. The subject of the past does not bother the more well off, or stupid fools who never flee when danger presents itself over and over again! If history was to speak to us today, and to my future readers of tomorrow, it would most certainly break into tears.

But what does our great king think of these marvelous events that transpire throughout the Benelux in 1848? Out of touch and quite in the state of denial to the marvelous host of problems that stretch farther than any forest filled with the most dense of wood. He is suppose to ward off the problems the great nation faces, yet he does quite the opposite! Dare he do what we think unimaginable? He certainly does not fear much, for there is no election to decide his fate!

(January 1848 - September 1848)

(Notes: Bad rain ruins crops. Regular clothes factory opens. Trade with Prussia, Muzzle-Loaded Rifles and 4700 money for Scienfitic Management.)

Questionaire (optional)
1. Brother Jacobs refers to a 'great storm'. Even though there is no date even, what storm could he be refering to? (Hint: It happened within the 21st century.)

2. The fifth paragraph, Jacobs refers to "out of touch" and "state of denial", although he is refering to the king, what modern world leader is he refering to.

Official answers offered next update.

Damn...

Great storm is Iraq...

Leader is Bush...

That's my guess...

I don't like when modern politics are thrown into fun stories... :(

joebthegreat said:
Damn...

Great storm is Iraq...

Leader is Bush...

That's my guess...

I don't like when modern politics are thrown into fun stories... :(

A lot of the other updates show little references to the current political rulings in America, however are less blantant than what I wrote here. In my opinion, most any writing can be interrupted somehow to reflect anything we want it to. I was kind of frustrated at whats going on when writing this, the ruined crops and thought to reference modern events.

At times when writing, especially this story, it can be seen as a little bit of a humorous way to see how we live today.

And the answers, Bush is the leader and Katrina/Rita/Wilma certainly are the storms.

We Are Not a Road, We Are a Country!

Truly once again all must proclaim of the ever coming great awakening that I, Brother Jacobs do insist upon! To the children, I am the scary man who haunts their dreams. To the adults, I remark upon all our failures. And to our beloved King, I am nothing but an annoyance.

To the soldiers I remark at our great hope that we shall never fight in a war against many foes, for surely we will be run threw without remorse. Truly our great muzzle loaded artillery will be no match for the loud booms of the Frogs enormous supply of gunpowder.

The adults, who I do regularly remark for their common failures, bring idealistic hopes! If all else fails, a new sense of idealism is surely the way to victory! But they do not realize the futility of their efforts. War cannot be stopped by peaceful demonstrations against the reigning monarchs of all the European nations! War can only be stopped with more war, this is the lesson we must learn. Truly the pathetic nation of Piedmont can teach us a lesson or two, as they join the Frogs against the Red Coats.

But to those adults, whose ideals are sensible, they do join in the great thinking and service themselves to the nation! In arms they rise to carry the flag. To defend the great Benelux, a nation among nations down the great eternal road that nations must travel.

When the day comes, so shall the Benelux arise to occasion, whatever it may be.

(September 1848 - December 1849)

Notes: Iron Muzzle-Loaded Artillery and Idealism discovered. Recruits rally to form infantry division.