• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

coz1

GunslingAAR
29 Badges
May 16, 2002
hearthehurd.typepad.com
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • PDXCon 2017 Awards Winner
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • 500k Club
  • 200k Club
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
A long tradition here in AARland and one that picked up steam as we added more games. Much like multi-player and interactive AARs, this is a niche category but one that entirely deserves to be rewarded because we are not lacking in talented writAARs that give us such (and you have already seen some of them and their works given nomination in previous categories.) It is a tricky category in that some vote for a specific work whereas others vote for the overall campaign. In my tabulation, I have decided to honor both as best I can and give all due credit to the effort as a whole (links below will take you hopefully to the first portion eligible for this past year.)

Also a note on what is eligible - while I understand that some separate their works within the same game into different chapters (thus AARs), the definition of Megacampaign is to take a campaign/story from one game to another and then continue. While I value the former (and have done so myself), votes given to multiple works within the same game were not eligible (I should and will spell this out more clearly when we do this again next year.) There are avenues within these awAARds to reward such writAARs but this is for the very specific effort of the true Megacampaign (especially if the author has claimed it as such even if they have not moved beyond the initial campaign.) So now, the reveal:

The 2021 Megacampaign AAR of the Year is...

Starting from the original to the equally celebrated Chronicles of the Wendish Empire (in two parts thus far) this was the clear winner. And most well deserved! Many congrats @Nikolai and especially for moving through the megacampaign so quickly!

Nearly equally as celebrated for your second place finish is...

And a just as close race for the bronze ended in a tie...

Four awesome works and six more were given nomination and listed below in order of the vote:

Congratulations to each and every one (and honorable mentions to @Macavity116 and @Revan86 for their single nominations) as these are all excellent! It is no easy task to take a game and move it through not one but many games and keep the effort and work sustainable (and enjoyable.) You are all to be commended and we thank you for that effort! More so, all of AARland thanks the voters for singling out these works that make such effort.

The floor is now open for your own thanks, congrats and discussion of the works if you wish. Look for the reveal of the Graphics/AARtist of the Year tomorrow. :) [EDIT - check that...today. I have time. ;) )

* I would ask that any and all discussion of what this or any other category is or how it is tabulated/judged be directed to the main Yaya thread. Please and thank you.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Congratulations all round! A very strong set of projects this year.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I....won? o_O Thank you so much, all! This was a very welcome way to start my day on the Paradox forums! :D And congratulations to the other winnAARs too!

• 6Like
Reactions:
@Nikolai - Told you to keep watch. ;) Congrats again, buddy!

• 3Like
Reactions:
Congrats all!

• 2Like
Reactions:
Congratulations everyone!

• 2Like
Reactions:
Congrats @Nikolai! You earned it!

Hold the phone... I got nominated!? Talk about a pleasant surprise. I honestly thought the Stormbreaker Universe didn't qualify for this one.

Nonetheless, congratulations to everybody who finds themselves on this illustrious list. You're like the marathon runners of the community!

• 3Like
Reactions:
Congratulations to @Nikolai and all the runners up and nominees. Mega campaigns are incredibly hard to pull off - the investment of time required is enormous and, at times, it can feel less and less rewarding as time goes on. Great work all.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Congratulations to the winners, some small recompense for the massive effort involved in a mega campaign.

• 2Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Wonderful to see another year of awards! A great congratulations to the winner @Nikolai and thank you to all of you who nominated both of my active mega-campaigns! So happy to see this forum alive and thriving.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Wow. I am impressed by the number of megacampaigns that are underway, not sure how I missed that development. The reading list continues to grow, though whether I'll have the time to read it remains to be seen. In any case, congratulations to all for embarking on such an undertaking, and doing it well.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Congrats to all!

I really need to resume the Sine Fine 'verse and the Epirus megacampaign.

• 2Like
Reactions:
***​
°Volume 5

<guitar, bass, mic, ready. No particular emphasis on drums, classic line-up.
But the performers have... hair. Extraordinary hair. They wear tights.
The crowd filling the arena erupts>

You come to see the show
Well, we're gonna rock and roll you
Come and get on your seat
We're gonna make you feel alright
Hey, you wanna go crazy tonight

Let me hear you shout and scream

You make me mad and wild
Well, we're gonna rock and pile you
We're gonna do our best
The beat kicks you in the head, alright
Yeah, it's gonna get crazy tonight

Let me hear you all go wild

Rock and roll crazy night
You are the heroes tonight
Megacampaign crazy writAARs
You are the hero

NI-KO-LAI!
A-L-SCON!
RED-TEMP-LAR!

Tommy 4-E-VER!

You come to see the show
Well, we're gonna rock and shock you
Come on get on your feet
The sound hits you in the face, alright
Ooh, let's get so crazy tonight

Let me hear you rock and roll

MegacampaignAARs’ crazy night
You are the hero

Hey hey! Hey hey! Hey hey!
Hey! Hey! Hey!

MegacampaignAARs’ crazy night
You are the hero

C-CY-CLE! I-BICK-O! KA-ZA-NOV!
GA-MOV-A
ndrew! ZEN-PHOE-NIX!
M
AC-A-VITY116! R-E-VAN86!

[*]

[*] Appropriated from Crazy Nights of the album Thunder in the East by Loudness (ラウドネス, Raudonesu) (1985)
Cover by Therion, of the album Crowning of Atlantis (1999)
Cover by Children of Bodom, of the Halo of Blood - japanese edition bonus track (2013)

Edit: Minor correction on pseudo-spelling of a pseudonym.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 2Love
Reactions: