• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's been 48 hours since the vote was announced, so polls are closed. The motion to call for the New Society to choose a new Chancellor passes unanimously in the Assembly and in the Conclave 63 votes to 37.

As a reminder, you would also need to replace the Minister of War. I am willing to waive the party balance requirement, given the relative lack of players in the New Society, for the time being.

Name: Hals Gutfreund
Born: Hannover, 1805
Assembly
Party: New Society

Since I come by GM invitation/coercion, do I get to vote too?

Name: Hals Gutfreund
Born: Hannover, 1805
Assembly
Party: New Society

Since I come by GM invitation/coercion, do I get to vote too?

((Coercion is such a strong word... :D Yes, you'd be eligible to vote and hold office from the start, but you'd be the last one.))

I will be taking the position as Reichskanzler. I will take possible appointments for my Cabinet from people who wish to be involved in that manner, and I propose that we draw up a Line of Succession amendment to the Constitution. These things will come in time.

At the present time I am looking for a Minister of War and a Foreign Minister primarily. If the men pre-appointed by the Bern cabinet do not wish to remain with my cabinet, I will find replacements.

Signed,
Otto von Bismarck
Chancellor

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to remain as Minister of the Interior

((*Grumblegrumble*))

Bismarck Cabinet
Minister of Interior: Friedrich-Augustus von Altmark ((Dadarian))
Minister of Finance: Dr. Dominik Fellman ((Brothersid))
President of the State Planning Commission: Paul Meier ((Idhrendur))
Minister of Education: Carol Brunelli ((Andre Massena))
Foreign Minister: Maximillian Unger ((EtzelHoveri))
Minister of War: Hals Gutfreund ((Jack LEagle))

Bismarck Cabinet

Carol Brunelli is my sister, Herr Bismarck

Bismarck Cabinet

(( Paul Meier has retired and been replaced by Friedrich, his nephew. ))

Bismarck Cabinet
President of the State Planning Commission: Friedrich Meier ((Idhrendur))
Minister of Education: Carlo Brunelli ((Andre Massena))

((Sorry.))

I accept with pleasure and pride Herr von Bismarck's appointment as Minister of War. I will bring to that office all the skill and experience I have to offer.

((quickly thumbing through manual, and the first few pages of the thread))

Hals Gutfreund

((As a reminder, we are at war, so you are free to name a Chief of the Army, should you so choose, although it is not required.

EtzelHoveri, we've already voted on a Foreign Ministry plan, but you may certainly present one of your own.))

I hereby appoint myself as Army Chief of Staff, and as Navy Chief of Staff. I am prepared to cede either position to anyone who wishes to make a case for themselves as an appropriate choice.

((If I can get my V2 up and running, I will be happy to direct the campaign; if not, someone else will need to take it over))

Hals Gutfreund, Minister of War

I hereby appoint myself as Army Chief of Staff, and as Navy Chief of Staff. I am prepared to cede either position to anyone who wishes to make a case for themselves as an appropriate choice.

((If I can get my V2 up and running, I will be happy to direct the campaign; if not, someone else will need to take it over))

Hals Gutfreund, Minister of War

((Note that ground combat is quite different between V2 and HOD -- I don't know if you own the expansions too, or just vanilla.))

This is my formal direction as Chief of the Army Staff for our forces to continue the battle plan of my predecessor.

Hals Gurfreund, Minister of War

((yeah, I've got heart of darkness; the problem is that V2 is very cranky about starting up..))

((That's everything then -- I'll play tonight and, hopefully, update!

As a reminder, we are now allowing party platform changes at any point, since people kept trying to sneak them in right before the election. Still only one change per cycle, and nothing insane, as per the OP. No Laissez-Faire Imperialists, I'm afraid (or planned economy UAI, for that matter!)))

((As a reminder, we are now allowing party platform changes at any point, since people kept trying to sneak them in right before the election. Still only one change per cycle, and nothing insane, as per the OP. No Laissez-Faire Imperialists, I'm afraid (or planned economy UAI, for that matter!)))

((Let me gently remind the other Alliance players that I proposed one in the party chat...))

((Well fuck me, with my character just recently slain i now discover i can rejoin the AAR (IRL cleared up))
((Can my new character be Ferdinand von Hohenzollern,Prince of Germany once he is born ??))

((I think being a baby would be kind of boring, myself. :D Plus, you'd have to wait until 1880 until he can vote. We'd love to have you back, so I think you'd be better served just making an entirely new character. There will be plenty of Hohenzollerns to go around!))