• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The tyranny here is not in the hands of martial law, nor is it even in the hands of Hohenzollern's suspicious proposal. The tyranny here is that our Chancellor lay slain by assassins and we have no means other than to go at each other's throats? I wholly reject the notion of granting a single man a permanent status as Head of State. Let that position remain to the Reichsprasident, not to a member of a has-been Royal Family. I vote No on the "The New Head of State Act" and encourage all men who give a fig for democracy to vote no as well.

I also vote Yes on the measures to impose martial law on Switzerland.

- Otto von Bismarck
Foreign Minister

The death of Chancellor Von Bern at the hands of terrorists saddens me and every man in this Republic. But we must not overreact to this occurrence. We must not blindly use force against anyone whom wishes independence from this Republic. As such I vote no to the proposal to use the army to suppress dissidents. If we do this it will no lounger be a rare occurrence in which they choose to use force an violence to achieve their ends. Instead they will decide that in order to be alive they must shoot back and then we will have escalated a terrorist cell into a full rebellion something that does not in any way advance our means. Further I vote no to the new head of state act. After all if we wish to hold early elections because of corruption would we not want to guard against corruption as well with an accountable group of people as opposed to a single person with a life time term?

Should we honestly give the position of Head of State to a man who fled the country on some useless fear that he would be arrested arbitrarily? Please.

In a letter to his nephew

Ahem, I am not the only one of my dynasty alive........
Unless you are planning to commit the sins of mass-murder and kinslaying then you are right my nephew.

Prince Albrecht von Hohenzollern, Stadtholder von Nürnberg and Head of the German Catholic church

No, but you would be one of the first in line to be named for this position, being one of the most reputable and Senior Hohenzollerns around.

- Otto von Bismarck

The assassination of Chancellor von Bern, may he rest in peace, is an unfortunate and incredibly distressing affair. I know that there has, and still is, much discord within this government, but we must be calm in this dire time. Finger-pointing will get us nowhere.

As for the amendment for a Hohenzollern to assume a role as head of state, I must agree. Perhaps he will have little power in that role, but at least he will provide a rallying point for the people of Germany. That is something we desperately need at the moment.

((Just got in a message that let me realise i got to drop out of SoA so here is the ending of Albrecht and his progeny))

The Prince was dining with his all family in a feast celebrating his sons birthday when a suicide bomber entered the hall , running past the guards and then saying these famous last words: Die you royal scum!,You defiled Germany by being born, And now I am going to rid the Republic of your family once and for all. Then he pulled the trigger on his explosive vest.Killing all but Prince Albrechts twin girls who were not in the room at that moment.

((I did not see that post! :eek:hmy: So how many Hohenzollerns exactly were killed and can you even do that without Avindian's permission? He does have semi-control of the whole family after all.))

No, but you would be one of the first in line to be named for this position, being one of the most reputable and Senior Hohenzollerns around.

- Otto von Bismarck

(( :rofl: ))

((I really do wish people would give me more notice so I can set up storylines for this stuff. :D))

I have lived all around the world. I have done everything in my power to keep my country safe. Yet my own family is attacked by assassins? Chancellor von Bern, a dear friend, dead? What sort of lawlessness do you fools tolerate?!

I have tried to stay apolitical, but I can no longer do so. My cousin's death will not be left unavenged. I swear to continue the work he so nobly advanced, and I furthermore use my authority as Head of the German Catholic Church to canonize him as St. Friedrich von Hohenzollern. May he watch over us from heaven! I vote for my cousin's plan, and what is more, I will vote for Chancellor von Altmark's proposition as well. It is about damned time somebody did something!

-- Michael von Hohenzollern, New Stadtholder von Nürnberg and proud Imperialist

((Since the Hohenzollerns, at present, have no partisans in the AAR, I'll take over his role myself, for the time being. This should be fun. :) Note that DutchGuy's votes do not count.))

EDIT: ((Some genealogy -- Albrecht is the son of Friedrich von Hohenzollern, jeeshadow's character. Friedrich was the elder son of Konrad, who we saw in the last AAR. Michael is Samuel's eldest son; Samuel was the younger son of Konrad. Samuel was played, briefly, by ZebraMinge. So, Michael and Albrecht are cousins.

In terms of the story, we will say Sara (Samuel's youngest child) and Wilhelm, along with Albrecht, are the casualties. That leaves Michael, his younger brother Fritz, and the twin girls.))

Last edited:
I vote NO to the HoS proposal. The Republic must be defended from all its enemies, external or internal...

These criminals must be stopped but I am not sure if in this case the solution will be be worst than the sickness, so I will abstain in the interior plan.

((Industrial plan passes. All we have left is the military and voting on the interior!))

In terms of the story, we will say Sara (Samuel's youngest child) and Wilhelm, along with Albrecht, are the casualties. That leaves Michael, his younger brother Fritz, and the twin girls.))

((Ah, thanks for clearing that up.))

A tragic blow has been dealt to the Hohenzollern family. First the death of Chancellor von Bern, and now this. While I cannot vote on the Interior plan as a member of the Assembly, I feel that we must act. These murderers must be found and stopped before more innocent lives are taken.

*Otto von Bismarck erupts into tears*

I am a Hohenzollern in all but name. My blood runs with theirs, and this death and destruction is but the saddest thing I have ever seen. Michael, please let us mend broken bridges and be friends again, for Germany's sake. Let us cast aside these petty feuds and rivalries we have and cast aside this partisan bickering to preserve Germany from outside attack. We cannot permit the foreign influences to tear our Republic asunder.

Fur Gott und Reich!

It disgusts me beyond measure that a Republican would stoop to the politics of villains and cowards. I grieve not only for the man who was lost to such a monstrous act, but that I slandered a father rightly in fear for his life and that of his children. I apologize to the Stadtholder von Nürnberg and extend my deepest sympathies for his loss.

In these troubled times, we must see to the Republic's needs, and above all the Republic needs a Chancellor. My friends, I see no need to call fresh elections, causing further delay; since the sadly deceased von Bern was from the New Society, let the prominent men of that party choose a new Chancellor, whose first act after mourning the departed should be to propose a law formalising the succession if such events should happen again. We have an election result; let's respect it, not letting this outrage be allowed to disrupt the outcome.

No on the Head of State proposal.

((One final thing to note before I go,Albrechts wife did not die and she is still pregnant with Frederik von Hohenzollern.(Who will be born in Jan 1850)(which would mean Michael becomes an ursurper of Frederiks rightful titles.)(We talked about this in PM)))

((Name you gave me was Ferdinand, but yes, you're quite right. Not about the being a usurper part, though; Michael is the oldest male Hohenzollern at present. :)))

((I deleted the PM because of my full inbox so i just filled it in :p .But doesnt the succession run agnatic primogeniture so after his birth Ferdinand gets the titles?))

((There is no formal succession, in the sense of CKII, but if there were it probably would be Agnatic Primogeniture. However, as Ferdinand is not yet born, he doesn't count, so Michael gets the title because the only other male child of Albrecht, Wilhelm, was killed in the explosion. So, it's all copacetic. :)))

Yes to both.

((Assembly can't vote on Conclave bills. :)

Tomorrow I'll close voting on the existing issues; in the meantime, it sure would be nice to have a military plan! You know, with the war and all? :D))