• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((I'm an assemblyman and a member of the UAI. Did you miss my vote? It wouldn't have mattered, but I might have to be more obvious next time.
))

((If you voted, I didn't see it. The upshot of your proposal is two four brigade armies of Hussars, and 8 arty brigades for the Eastern Front (two per army, I'd expect), right?))

((If you voted, I didn't see it. The upshot of your proposal is two four brigade armies of Hussars, and 8 arty brigades for the Eastern Front (two per army, I'd expect), right?))
((Correct))

Herren,

I am pleased to see my industrial plans bearing fruit. I propose the following updates:
Bohemia - expand the steel factory, and prioritize hiring in the machine parts factory
Baden - expand the liquor industry
Lombardia - build a clothing factory, and once it is profitable and stable, build a luxury clothes factory
West Switzerland - Create a cement factory, and subsidize the canned food factory until either increased army funding makes it profitable or the cement factory provides jobs for the workers
Croatia - prioritize hiring in the fabric factory

All states that have factories or are building factories must have railroads. If the capitalists have not created plans for them, then the government must build them. But anywhere the capitalists have begun plans, government funds should continue to be set aside to match their contributions.

- Paul Meier, Stadtholder of Innsbruck and Head of the State Planning Commission

I vote in favor of the proposals.

Minister de Spinoza

((One more day for new/altered proposals, just to give people time to look at the latest proposal.))

Re: coalitions. Since we are but a single update away from the next election, I thought I'd firm up the rules a bit to give people some extra time. It's pretty simple. The coalition must be able to control 50% or more of the Assembly. Other than that, I don't much care what arrangements you make, as long as you follow the other rules of the AAR. I consider it caveat emptor; if you set up a coalition and the new Chancellor stabs you in the back, that's your lookout, not mine. :) Note that the Chancellor does not have to come from the largest partner in the coalition. These agreements are entirely up to you.

In an unrelated matter, in the interests of establishing some kind of succession in case of illness/lack of participation by the Chancellor, the Minister of the Interior is the de facto Deputy Chancellor unless another is appointed at the time of the election.

EDIT: To clarify -- the coming update will end with the election results; no more separate updates just for the election itself.

Dear gentlemen,

I want to show my public support to Herr Unger as the UAI candidate for the next 1844 election.

After his bright work educating the new generations of our nation and his loyal service to my own government and Herr Florentin´s I think he deserves to lead this nation during the next 4 years and I want to ask my UAI colleagues to do as me and show our united support to his campaign.

He is the man who will be able to answer the concerns of the minorities of our Republic at the same time that he keeps the industrial growth that my government started and this government, I must admit, brightly has continued.

Thank you sirs.

I will vote against the plans of the Ministry of War for procedural reasons.

((It is currently in my interest that next update is delayed.))

((Hahahaha, this game ... delayed? HAHAHAHAHA))

I would like to propose to the Planning Commision the creation of certain "main lines" for Germany:

1. A main line from Brussels to Vienna through Nuremberg
2. A main line from Nuremberg to Aalborg
3. A line from Nuremberg to the Polish border
4. A line from Alsace to Nuremberg
5. A line from Milan to Rome

I hope you agree on this proposal.

Thank you

I would like to propose to the Planning Commision the creation of certain "main lines" for Germany:

1. A main line from Brussels to Vienna through Nuremberg
2. A main line from Nuremberg to Aalborg
3. A line from Nuremberg to the Polish border
4. A line from Alsace to Nuremberg
5. A line from Milan to Rome

I hope you agree on this proposal.

Thank you

This is an excellent amendment to the industrial plan. I will return shortly with the particulars of the routes these lines shall take.

As an amendment to my earlier industrial plan:

The government shall create six main line railroads. These railroads shall be kept in complete repair, and any improvements to railroads that are devised shall be applied to these main lines with the greatest priority.

Main Line 1 shall connect Nuremberg to Brussels along the route Nuremberg-Heilbronn-Karlsruhe-Kaiserslautern-Saarbrüken-Trier-Spa-Liège-Brussels-Antwerp-Middelburg.
Main Line 2 shall connect Nuremberg to Aalborg along the route Nuremburg-Würzburg-Fulda-Kassel-Minden-Brunswick-Lüneburg-Lauenburg-Kiel-Flensburg-Aabenraa-Esbjerg-Aalborg.
Main Line 3 shall connect Nuremburg to Radom along the route Nuremburg-Bayreuth-Chemnitz-Dresden-Görlitz-Liegnitz-Troppau-Kattowitz-Kielce-Radom.
Main Line 4 shall connect Nuremburg to Nancy along the route Nuremburg-Heilbronn-Karlsruhe-Straßburg-Metz-Nancy.
Main Line 5 shall connect Milan to Grosetto along the route Milan-Parma-Modena-Florence-Leghorn-Grosetto.
If right of way can be secured through the Papal States, Main Line 5 shall extend along the route Grosetto-Viterbo-Rome-Gaeta-Naples-Salerno.

This amendment would ensure speedy access to the furthest reaches of Germany. Chancellor Picard, I am sad to report that our best engineers insist it is beyond our capabilities to construct railroads in the vicinity of Vienna. They seem to have ideas that would make it possible. If they succeed, a new main line can be added.

((Sorry, have been ill IRL))

I vote against Zustand der Bereitschaft Vorschlag; if there is a genuine need for troops, the Ministers of the time can perceive that need for themselves. Additionally, this law might commit us to a massive shipbuilding program at vast expense; if, as I believe is desirable, we keep Germany as a power based on one landmass, there is little need for such a Navy. Let decisions be made when they are necessary; do not tie the hands of our successors in advance.

I abstain on the proposal to expand the current army.

While it is no matter for the Assembly to vote on, I strongly encourage the intention to expand the "iron road", likely as this may be to disrupt the family firm.

I am old now, but once again I shall stand for Chancellor if there is no other Alliance candidate.

I will vote against the plans of the Ministry of War for procedural reasons.

((It is currently in my interest that next update is delayed.))

DDr.Gotha we do not vote against things here for "procedural reasons." No we vote for or against things here because it is in the best intrests of the people we serve. Please, I beg you to abstain from these foolish and bureaucratic practices in the future.

The Zustand der Bereitschaft Vorschlag passes; 460 votes in favor to 40 against. 48 hours to vote on the army plan. ((In the future, no more votes against just to draw things out -- feel free to PM me if you have a specific question about something.))