• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((I approve ;)))

(( :D

Sorry it's taken me a few hours longer to look up the variable. You know how it is, dinner with the lady, an earthquake, endless talking about the earthquake, looking up safety guides so friends don't do the wrong things in the next earthquake, talking about the earthquake online…

Anyways, you'll want to look for ruling_party inside the country block. ))

(( :D

Sorry it's taken me a few hours longer to look up the variable. You know how it is, dinner with the lady, an earthquake, endless talking about the earthquake, looking up safety guides so friends don't do the wrong things in the next earthquake, talking about the earthquake online…

Anyways, you'll want to look for ruling_party inside the country block. ))

((Hope everyone is okay!

Can you give me a slight hint as to how to find Germany's country block? A notepad++ for GER= gives me 584 results. :eek:))

((Hope everyone is okay!

Can you give me a slight hint as to how to find Germany's country block? A notepad++ for GER= gives me 584 results. :eek:))

Search for the capital province id, or even the primary culture (bavarian?)

1 April 1844

A group of Pskovian nationalists has approached Germany, seeking to have the territory of Kars restored to them from Qara Korunlyu. They have done so secretly, and it is believed that we are the first nation they have approached.

Foreign Minister Bern could not be reached for comment.

((So, SomeGeorgian, it's up to you. Do we back Pskov or not? If not, which side of the crisis would like us to go to? Recall that this does not, at present, require a vote from the Assembly; it is entirely your decision, per our house rules.))

((Hope everyone is okay!

(( Yep, just a good scare and some light property damage for some people. No major injuries I've heard of. ))

Search for the capital province id, or even the primary culture (bavarian?)
((Ah, there we are. Many thanks!))

(( That works well! I usually look for the GER= that has a different indentation. ))

((First of all I want to make sure that it's Qara Korunlyu and not Ak Korunlyu, also New Society is switching to Limited Citizenship with a 2-0 vote))

((Apologies; it's Ak Korunlyu. Platform switch acknowledged.))

To waste German lives to take a province away from an Asian great power is just a foolish waste, thus we will not be getting involved in this crisis. I would still like to be informed of its developments of course but for now it is unimportant to Germany.

Election of 1845

As had become the tradition in the Republic of Germany, the outgoing Chancellor gave the convocation for the new Assembly. Florentin Willem, Graf von Wächtersbach smiled, seeing so many new faces aligned with the New Society. His administration was largely considered a boon for Germany, both economically and politically. While Pomerania, Ethiopia, and Ak Konulyu fought over Kars and the right for Pskov to determine its own fate, and the British Empire and France fought to settle the question of Grenada, Germany had been steadily building up relations with Poland and drawing even closer to Castille.

e3y6.jpg

gwsi.jpg

However, that did not mean that German foreign policy was free from turbulence. Both Croatia and Krakow underwent revolutions as Jacobins overthrew monarchies.

ne8o.jpg

This put the Imperialists, in particular, in a very awkward position. If they spoke out against the coup in Krakow, they would be undermining the German Republic, but if they said nothing, they would lose credibility with their base. Foreign Minister Bern, as usually, chose the path of non-intervention, salvaging quite a bit of prestige and influence for Germany and boosting his party’s chances at success.

kg7x.jpg

The shift in global politics pushed Canada out of Great Power status, while Egypt took her place.

kedd.jpg

Industrially, Germany continued to lead the world, with expansion in rolling stock and factories proving more profitable than ever.

74y9.jpg

s18o.jpg

However, while the UAI lost ground, they made gains in other ways. Assemblyman Richtofen’s plan to strengthen the defense of the nation, combined with Stadtholder’s Spinoza insistence on keeping tax rates low, resulted in the treasury losing money.

ly23.jpg

Worse, the Corps of the Gendarmeries was sent into two separate incidents – one a drunken brawl that spilled into a riot in Venice, another a demonstration by some of the wealthiest men in Elsass-Löthringen – that, while maintaining order, did little to ease the growing discontent by liberals and radicals in Germany.

w3ls.jpg

vx3l.jpg

The result was a spike in German Jacobins, who were clamoring for more freedom in the voting process, as a way to throw the tyrants out of office.

7lhq.jpg

Some political analysts even suggested that, if given equal footing, the lower classes would have voted the UAI into power. Others dismissed that as “the exact sort of nonsense one would expect from commoners”. In any case, only about 39% of the Conclave would openly support any revision of the franchise law.

sal5.jpg

The only question that remained for Germany, at least in the short term, was who would be Chancellor? While the Imperialists continued to make gains in the Conclave, the Assembly was very close.

sh0z.jpg

sjhd.jpg

It would seem that the UAI and New Society would both have to court the Imperialists if they wanted to gain control of the Assembly; who would have the better offer?

((I'm not quite sure why the election started so late, but it just means this update was 18 months instead of 12.

Idhrendur – I never did get to build the Luxury Clothes Factory, Machine Parts still being very hard to come by, let alone the Cement Factory in West Switzerland.

Warlord Skorr – all the new units were built and added to the Eastern Armies, with the exception of one fewer brigade of artillery (one of the armies already had one, so we only needed seven) and one extra brigade of Hussars in the 18th Army (I’m not sure where we had five existing).))

So, it’s up to you guys to make your coalition deals. You can include the Alliance if you want, but unless the UAI and New Society somehow make an agreement, the Imperialists will be “kingmakers”, as it were (no pun intended).

I’ve updated my voting sheet with the new numbers. The Alliance and Imperialists keep the same numbers in the Assembly; the UAI is now 92.5 votes per member, while the New Society is 48.75 votes per members.

The Conclave is 1/6.5/8.6/9 (Alliance/UAI/New Society/Imperialists).

Proposals are now open; no new decisions we're eligible for, and I don't have anything to add myself. 48 hours to present any amendments or major proposals and, ideally, work out the coalition arrangements. Good luck!

Dear gentlemen,

I am here between all of you to propose a change in the future of Germany. During the last 8 years the plan initiated by my government and continued by the New Society under the professional hands of Herr Unger has allowed Germany to become the most literated nation in the world. We have been the Avant Garde of the world, the German science and culture has astonished the world thanks to this politics, but now it is the time for change.

I propose that we focus our efforts in a more Traditional Academy that allow Germany to advance further in the coming years in the fields of Navy and Industry, as I think these would allow Germany to reach new levels of prosperity.

Thank you gentlemen.

((So yes, I propose the Restore the academy decision.

I also would like to propose my UAI colleagues to write in the UAI forum about their preferences for alliance and who is interested on what position for the next Cabinet whatever happens with the government))

I'd like to conduct an informal poll of interest in the AAR -- "here", "present", what have you is sufficient. I'm not going to make any changes to the initial roster -- unless somebody tells me they're leaving -- nor shall I adjust the voting by this. However, a list of active members would be a useful one, so we know who would be able to act as a minister and who would not.

If you have proposals, of course, submit those as well.