• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ability to turn "featured content" off or off for mobile devices / mobile browsers?

It (large pictures in featured content) makes the forums laggy and slow to load on my phone.

Reactions:
I would love a button to follow a thread but only receive notifications of dev responses. I spend an awful lot of time checking the dev diary threads, but I'm really only interested in the dev posts.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I would love a button to follow a thread but only receive notifications of dev responses. I spend an awful lot of time checking the dev diary threads, but I'm really only interested in the dev posts.
Same. I realy like the "Developer only" filter.

Also, please include the Opening Post as a Dev Response. And it is possible a few official people are missing the "Developer" tag, so their answers do not appear in the "Developer only" filtering.

Reactions:
I'd like an option to sort threads by order of the most recent dev response. And maybe also an option to only count dev responses when determining which threads have unread replies. Currently, even if I enable "Show only dev responses", I can't tell which threads have dev responses that I haven't read.

Reactions:
Someone should unpin all the irrelevantly old pinned threads in the CK2 forum.

As far as i understand it's a bug with the forum software, but that's only how i recall it.
Most of the pointless pinned ones only surfaced as pinned threads after a recent forum update.
It's a bit annoying as there are so many, isn't it. I got used it by now, but still not great.

In my opinion everything below the Game manual thread could be unpinned.
The threads above that all have at least some justification to remain pinned.

I'll ping @DebbieElla in hope for a response.

There's discussion about it, it'll happen eventually (not just ck2 forum, we need to check all pinned posts for relevancy and it's... well a lot of threads to go thru)! :)

Reactions:
There's discussion about it, it'll happen eventually (not just ck2 forum, we need to check all pinned posts for relevancy and it's... well a lot of threads to go thru)! :)

Thanks for responding.

Am i right that there was a bug...or maybe someone working at Paradox suddenly went beserk pinning all kind of (relatively)
irrelevant threads for fun ? ;)

I know that the issue only surfaced after some forum update, coincidentally or not, but was left wondering why they had turned up.
Just curious.

The old software automatically hid everything over a year old, hence the sudden return.
Aahhh...
That explains things.
I was just curious if i had a misconception of the situation. At least not completely then.

Thanks. :)

This might have been posted a thousand times before, but I'll throw my hat in. The forum could consider removing the "Haha" reaction. I get it's for conveying laughter if someone posts a good meme or something. The way I see it used on this forum is to ridicule someone's argument. Like if someone posted that they liked a particular mechanic or thought it was implemented fine. You get a lot of "Haha" reactions on it. Implying that the statement is so ridiculous.

Seems like a reaction to add toxicity to the forum. Though I've now seen it much more in Hoi4 DLC threads where hate is rampant. So it might be just fine outside negative threads.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
The forum could consider removing the "Haha" reaction. I get it's for conveying laughter if someone posts a good meme or something. The way I see it used on this forum is to ridicule someone's argument. Like if someone posted that they liked a particular mechanic or thought it was implemented fine. You get a lot of "Haha" reactions on it. Implying that the statement is so ridiculous.
Facebook has the same issue, particulary in the current situation.

... You get a lot of "Haha" reactions on it. Implying that the statement is so ridiculous.

Seems like a reaction to add toxicity to the forum.

You call an ironic laughter icon 'toxic' ?
Seriously ?
Get a grip and grow up...and leave people the option to show their harmless 'reaction'.
PS: By the way, what if the post was perceived as ridiculous indeed or at least a good cause for laughing ?
Sorry, but that is not an issue.
It's not anywhere near real life seeing fingers pointed at you or getting ridiculed with condescending words.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Currently moderation posts addressing violation of forum rules in a thread appear as 'contains developer posts' marker in the forum list. Perhaps there could separate one for moderation posts so a reader looking for developer responses to actual game development questions or complaints does not get mislead to expecting such in a thread that did not for whatever reason get addressed by developers after all.

Reactions:
After the change of the forum software the use of colour within
Code:
was disabled, leading to posts that looked like e.g. that

in which the purposedly yellow changes were hardly visible.

Has a way been added since to make changes in events stand out again in red, yellow or other colours?

Lower the number of required characters.

"Thanks", for instance, is a perfectly cromulent message which would not be improved by four additional characters.

Lower the number of required characters.

"Thanks", for instance, is a perfectly cromulent message which would not be improved by four additional characters.
I would argue that "Thank you." is an improvement :)