[1.25] Further Ottoman missions for realistic expansion

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

withche.07

Lt. General
133 Badges
Oct 1, 2014
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Island Bound
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • BATTLETECH
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Empire of Sin
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
I was considering about this after first release but waited to see which missions have been added.
This is Ottomans mission tree:

Ottomissions.jpg

1. I think Caucasus and some parts of Europe wasn't really represented in this tree as Ottomans 'nearly' owned whole Black Sea surroundings back in time.
2. Ottomans naval successes and trade disputes against Portuguese wasn't represented too, especially after they had control in Arabia, they started defending East Africa, protectorates in India (Gujarat) even to East Indies affairs (Aceh etc.)

Current list:

1. European mainland conquests
City of the World's Desire -> Conquer Greece -> Conquer Serbia

->1 Conquer Bosnia -> Conquer Danube
->2 Conquer Wallachia -> Conquer Translyvania

2. Other conquest combined
Reform the Imperial Army -> Consolidate Asia Minor -> Safeguard Anatolia

->1 Conquer Levant -> Conquer Egypt ->
->a Conquer Tripolitania -> Conquer Tunisia -> Subjugate Algiers
->b Last Crusader Bastion -> Conquer Crete
->c Conquer Hejaz -> Conquer Mocha

->2 Conquer Trebizond -> Conquer Caffa

->3 Conquer Mesopotamia -> Conquer Al-Ahsa

These are going to be my suggestions:

1. European mainland conquests
City of the World's Desire -> Conquer Greece -> Conquer Serbia

->1 Conquer Bosnia -> Conquer Danube -> CONQUER TRANSDANUBIA -> CONQUER WIEN
->2 Conquer Wallachia -> CONQUER MOLDOVA -> Conquer Transylvania -> CONQUER YEDISAN -> CONQUER PODOLE

2. Other conquest combined
Reform the Imperial Army -> Consolidate Asia Minor -> Safeguard Anatolia

->1 Conquer Levant -> Conquer Egypt ->
->a Conquer Tripolitania -> Conquer Tunisia -> Subjugate Algiers -> CONQUER FEZ
->b Last Crusader Bastion -> CONQUER CHIO -> CONQUER CYPRUS -> Conquer Crete
->c Conquer Hejaz -> Conquer Mocha
->d CONQUER RED SEA COAST -> CONQUER ZEILA

->2 Conquer Trebizond -> Conquer Caffa -> SUBJUGATE GEORGIA -> SUBJUGATE AZERBAIJAN -> SUBJUGATE CIRCASSIA -> SUBJUGATE DAGESTAN

->3 Conquer Mesopotamia -> Conquer Al-Ahsa

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Territorial_evolution_of_the_Ottoman_Empire

Biggest borders Ottomans have ever reached:
As4PCtJ.png

LEtQ7v7.png

zs18IRV.png

Ottoman-Empire-Map-At-Its-Height-Peak-Sultan-Army-Soldiers.jpg

2000px-Ottoman_empire.svg.png

2492085b742c476a37c027a77808f764.jpg

So Iet's explain:
I added TRANSDANUBIA to European list as Ottomans expanded further into nearly all Hungary.
I added WIEN as final gift for players beating up Austria. (Only thing added cause of siege, all others were truly annexed)
I added MOLDOVA as it was also annexed. By the way Ottomans didn't stop at Transylvania, they further annexed into YEDISAN (Crimea) and PODOLE (Poland). Added them to finish the list.

0WzieB1.png

After defending&uniting Anatolia, (Note: Defend Anatolia mission should be expanded to include all Turkish beyliks and Beyazit as well)
Ottomans have 3 different routes:
1. To Mesopotamia: Looks good.
2. To Caucasus: I think this was really short, I fixed it by adding all region annexed. (Imereti, Georgia, Armenia, North Azerbaijan, South Azerbaijan, Circassia and Dagestan) This can be polished by the way cause Ottomans later lost some of these. But IMERETI and CIRCASSIA should definitely be added!
3. To Levant and Egypt after it:
I expanded this FAR MORE detailed:

I added 4th way to Red Sea as: CONQUER RED SEA COAST. Ottomans went south to Eritrea coast and formed Habesh Eyalet.
https://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habeş_Eyaleti
Made it also added ZEILA but not that huge, it can be included as whole under CONQUER RED SEA COAST

To North Africa part was quite fine, only missing part was CONQUER FEZ. It may help players to further press Portuguese.

To Hejaz was represented fine.

To Aegean Coast in general:
It now includes only Crete and Rhodes which is not complete.
This should be far more extended to include every island territories, so I directly added CHIO and CYPRUS on chronological order. I still think that it may include Aegean as whole (including Negroponte and Naxos as well)

This is it!

Also, there could be some naval missions against Portuguese in India.
So here are maps for these potential additions.
8Wrqtx6.png

dGIdzej.png

whNmnW4.png

AKV0ucH.png

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
Personally, I think the whole tree should start with Reform the Imperial Army, followed by City of the World's Desire, then branch out into Conquer Greece on one side and Consolidate Asia Minor on the other.
Then, I would have Conquer Greece give permanent claim on Albania only, and lead into two missions : Conquer Albania (which grant access to Conquer Serbia) and Mediterranean Dominance (build a navy to 100% of your ship limit with no more than x% transport ships, which would lead to Conquer the Aegean (Euboea, Naxos and Chios all grouped together with permanent claims) > Conquer Crete and Last Crusader Bastion > Conquer Cyprus).
I'm not sure Conquer Caffa should be needed to go after the Caucasus. However, I think we need a Crimean dominance focus.
Other than that, I think I agree with everything you said, except maybe Wien and Fez shouldn't be permanent claims?
And religious or economic missions wouldn't hurt, but I'm not sure what to add.

Personally, I think the whole tree should start with Reform the Imperial Army, followed by City of the World's Desire, then branch out into Conquer Greece on one side and Consolidate Asia Minor on the other.
Then, I would have Conquer Greece give permanent claim on Albania only, and lead into two missions : Conquer Albania (which grant access to Conquer Serbia) and Mediterranean Dominance (build a navy to 100% of your ship limit with no more than x% transport ships, which would lead to Conquer the Aegean (Euboea, Naxos and Chios all grouped together with permanent claims) > Conquer Crete and Last Crusader Bastion > Conquer Cyprus).
I don't think Albania in tree isn't really necessary as Ottomans already have core there and will eventually attack.

Mediterranean Dominance is good suggestion. Possibly right before Aegean Island conquests as you suggested. So I agree.

I somewhat feel like conquering Aegean Islands should be after defending Anatolia and Egypt to follow historical route but for sure there should some remakes there to include whole Aegean (possibly Negraponte, Naxos, Chio, Rhodes at once) maybe followed by Cyprus and Crete.

I'm not sure Conquer Caffa should be needed to go after the Caucasus. However, I think we need a Crimean dominance focus.
Other than that, I think I agree with everything you said, except maybe Wien and Fez shouldn't be permanent claims?
And religious or economic missions wouldn't hurt, but I'm not sure what to add.
Caffa should be before Caucasus conquests yeah.
Wien shouldn't be permanent claim. Not sure about Fez as I thought it as end game boss in that tree.

CONQUER WIEN

I feel like this, you said you should a repeatable mission, as it was attempted twice. I also feel like there should a penalty if you succeed the mission, which would help symbolize the eventual OE and collapse of the Ottos. I would love it if other missions would have negative affects that come after all the benefits of the mission wear off. To show the short term benefit but long term struggle to control the new gains economically, politically, and socially.

Reactions:
@Trin Tragula otto ai usually allies with akkoyunlu so they cant able to complete most missions and gets stuck for a quite time. i think there should be 2 or 3 missions are activated to maintain conquests. otherwise ottomans are only become capable to conquer mamluk sultanate in 1650 lol.

Reactions:
@Trin Tragula i have to say there is some bug with the mission gives claim on trebizond. ottomans always lost this claim don't know why but just because they don't conquer trebizond they cant get the claims for levant because trebizond is prerequisite for levant mission.

also i remember some otto hater cried here about ottos having claims all the way up to caspian sea. it seems you listened him because in 1.25 there are no claims for armenia. if i cry much harder could you add it back? :rolleyes:

you know the ottomans annexed western half of iran including capital tabriz, importan city hamadan up to caspian sea with the treaty of constantinople in 1590.

I don't think Albania in tree isn't really necessary as Ottomans already have core there and will eventually attack.

The claims on Albania are temporary, so it could be lost if you delay the conquest of Albania for too long. Beside, I think it may be better to make the conquest of Albania mandatory before going after the northern Balkans.

I somewhat feel like conquering Aegean Islands should be after defending Anatolia and Egypt to follow historical route but for sure there should some remakes there to include whole Aegean (possibly Negraponte, Naxos, Chio, Rhodes at once) maybe followed by Cyprus and Crete.

I think the Aegean Islands should be tied to the European path rather than the Middle Eastern one.

I feel like this, you said you should a repeatable mission, as it was attempted twice. I also feel like there should a penalty if you succeed the mission, which would help symbolize the eventual OE and collapse of the Ottos. I would love it if other missions would have negative affects that come after all the benefits of the mission wear off. To show the short term benefit but long term struggle to control the new gains economically, politically, and socially.

Maybe getting too many areas without state status should have harsher consequences?

The claims on Albania are temporary, so it could be lost if you delay the conquest of Albania for too long. Beside, I think it may be better to make the conquest of Albania mandatory before going after the northern Balkans.

i am against it as long as venice continue to guarentee albania in 1444. this situation is in the game just because byzantine players can win a war against ottoman AI with this pointless early game reconquest war. so any prerequisite albanian claims can easily broke the ottoman mission chain.

removing ottoman core in albania is another solution though.

The scope of our mission work in 1.25 was largely around creating the new system, translating the old missions into this new system (a whopping 300+ as I recall) and creating specifically crafted mission trees for the British. Where possible we added some extra missions, but if you have suggestions for what you would like to see and where, I encourage you to post as such in the Suggestions Forum and tag myself there with @DDRJake
We are looking into this.

I hope you are interested then ;) @DDRJake

Many people thought Ottoman national tree was distasteful filled with claims,
I have tried to make it bit more entertaining:

Right after "Subjugate Algiers" option-

1. ESTABLISH SALE ROVERS
This could be introduced by releasing Republic of Sale and Tetouan (new added corsair nations) and alliance with them over Algiers (or vassalize)
"Allied with the Turkish corsair Barbarossa of Algiers, al Hurra controlled the western Mediterranean Sea while Barbarossa controlled the eastern."

I really don't know how can this be represented by game mechanics, but it can.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sal%C3%A9_Rovers

As sources show Tetouan/Algiers pirates under Ottoman protection raided Italy, Balaeric Islands in general.
Meanwhile Dutch origin pirates in Sale sailed towards Atlantic Sea to Canary Islands (temporarily annexing Lanzarote), Ireland, Iceland.

There could be privateering efficiency buffs. Sale pirates should definitely have rather larger range of raiding.

2. DEVELOP THESSALONIKI WITH JEWISH COMMUNITIES
I have suggested some event to fire up following expel of Sephardic Jews from Iberia and even Ashkenazi from other regions that will turn Thessaloniki into Jewish province.
In tree there could be representation of this by development or building into Thessaloniki after this event so you can get some trade buffs.
In 1492, the joint Catholic Monarchs of Spain Isabella I and Ferdinand II had promulgated the Alhambra Decree to expel Sephardic Jews from their domains. Many immigrated to Salonika, sometimes after a stop in Portugal or Italy. The Ottoman Empire granted protection to Jews as dhimmis and encouraged the newcomers to settle in its territories. According to the historians Rosamond McKitterick and Christopher Allmand, the Empire's invitation to the expelled Jews was a demographic strategy to prevent ethnic Greeks from dominating the city.

The first Sephardim came in 1492 from Majorca. They were "repentant" returnees to Judaism after earlier forced conversion to Catholicism. In 1493, Jews from Castile and Sicily joined them. In subsequent years, other Jews came from those lands and also from Aragon, Naples, Venice and Provence. Later, in 1540 and 1560, Jews from Portugal sought refuge in Salonika in response to the political persecution of the marranos. In addition to these Sephardim, a few Ashkenazim arrived from Austria, Transylvania and Hungary. They were sometimes forcibly relocated under the Ottoman policy of "sürgün" following the conquest of land by Suleiman the Magnificentbeginning in 1526. Salonika's registers indicate the presence of "Buda Jews" after the conquest of that city by the Turks in 1541. The Jewish population of the city was 20,000 in 1553.[6] Immigration was great enough that by 1519, the Jews represented 56% of the population and by 1613, 68%.

3. EXPEDITION TO ACEH
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottoman_expedition_to_Aceh
This was suggested by me in other thread to make southeast asia more detailed.
I think there could be some military assistance option in tree or just trade/influence. I don't know how to carefully use this data to design a way, but its okay to be represented.
I was just reading couple of papers around these lands. I saw very interesting historical information. And I realize these lands should be detailed lot more.

First, existing Pasai was invaded by Portuguese in 1521.

All these are cited info from this paper: (http://digitool.library.mcgill.ca/thesisfile61294.pdf)
ACEH AND THE PORTUGUESE A Study of the Struggle of Islam ln Southeast Asla 1500-1579 by Amirul Hadi

"The Portuguese, who gained great success in their exploration by capturing Ceuta in 1415 and taking Goa in 1510, ultimately decided to extend the trade system to Malacca in order to control the trade route for spices in the Indian Ocean from the Moluccas and even in the Red Sea. The coming of the Portuguese to the region resulted in profound changes to the historical trends of Southeast Asia, since they subverted the competition of trade then in practice in favour of a controlled system and because they were hostile to Islam and were energetic in converting local populations to Christianity."

"The emergence of Aceh started in the second and the third decade of the sixteenth century and is identified with its military conflict with the Portuguese and conquest of Daya, Pidie and Pasai. This period is known as the establishment of Aceh Dar al-Salam. 'AIi Mughayah Shah was regarded as the founder and the first Sultan of thls kingdom, as mentioned ln Busain al-SaIatin. Some historians suggest that the comlng of the Portuguese to the region motivated Ali to take over the power from his father and to take Daya, Pidie and Pasai, where the Portuguese had established garrisons.1 If this idea can be sustained, it must have been the flrst impact of the portuguese on the rise of Aceh. Economic Interests, however, were also an Important reason for thls expansion, as evidenced by the conquest of the rich ports of Pidie and Pasai."

"The strong response of Aceh to the Portuguese was shown by its effort to strengthen its military power by gainlng military ald from the Ottoman Empire and other Musllm kingdoms in India. This military power was demonstrated in its several sieges of fortified Malacca. Aceh, however, never gained victory over the portuguese owing to its smaller capability in military weapons, warships and tactics compared to that of the Portuguese. even though it had an advantage ,n manpower. Aceh's mllitary power and its ambition to drive out the portuguese from Malacca, nevertheless, challenged the military power of the latter and forced them to take a defensive attitude which eventually "reduced their slgnificance as a political force in the life of the Malay people.,,4 The sixteenth century, particularly the period between 1500-1579, showed that the relation between Aceh and the Portuguese was exclusively military in character."

"Diogo do Couto tells us that ln this expedition the Sultan was also accompanied by hls wlfe and his three sons.32 The fleet was supported by 15.000 men. 400 Ottoman elite troops and 200 bronze cannons."

"By the sixteenth century Aceh developed its military technology with the help of the Ottomans and the Gujaratis. The use of the Ottoman artillery and the involvement of their soldiers and thelr military advisers in every one of Aceh's military campaigns were the dominant factors in the advance of Aceh's military power. Accordingly, "in military technology Atjeh was much more advanced than the Javanese klngdoms and military tactics and strategy were clearly of Turkish origin."5"

"Aceh, as 'an essential coastal state and seaborne empire,"105 also took part in the trade traffic ln the Indian Ocean and the Red Sea. The export of Sumatra pepper entered the west coast of India and the Red Sea. By thls trade involvement, the Acehnese ships had to face the challenge from the Portuguese fleets which often intercepted them.106 It was natural that the Acehnese, who saw the Portuguese as their religious enemies as well as trading rivais, should have sought an alliance with the Ottoman Empire as the strongest Muslim Empire at that time. This alliance, besides having religious and strategic reasons, seems to have been motivated by trading interests as well. The Ottomans needed Aceh for loading spices as weil as exporting their wood products. Indeed, Aceh offered spices to the Ottomans in return for their military help to Aceh against the Portuguese. Another member of the alliance was the Samudri of Calicut whieh had been engaged in the spice trade in the West. 1 07"

"The diplomatie contact of the 1560's between Turkey and Atjeh," Reid Insists, 'reached the highest level, and was important in the subsequent direction of both Turkish and Atjehnese policy. It has been commemorated ln a variety of form ln Malay and Atjehnese IIterature.,,61 Another memory of this relatlonship can be seen in the red Ottoman flag that was used ln Aceh.62"

"It is reasonable then to say that Aceh, which tried to drive out the Portuguese from Malacca, was ambitious for political supremacy in the region. The first effort was taken by attempting political expansion. Aceh attaeked Batak and conquered Aru and west Sumatra. This gave it political, military and economic significance. A diplomatic effort was directed to the Ottoman Empire and other Muslim kingdoms in India, an effort whlch was motivated by economic reasons in addition to Islamlc interests. In the archipelago, Aceh convinced Japara and, for a few years, Johor to make a broad Islamic alliance."

"The Ottomans taught the Acehnese how to forge their own cannon, some of which reached considerable size. The craft of making such weapons had spread throughout the Maritime Southeast Asia. Famous cannons were made in Makassar, Mataram, Java, Minangkabau, Melaka and Brunei. Many of these rare artillery pieces were captured by the European colonialists; the bells of several Dutch churches in Aceh were made from melted Ottoman weapons. Some of these bells still carry the Ottoman crest which were originally on the barrels.[1] By the beginning of the 17th century, Aceh boasted about 1200 medium-sized bronze cannons, and about 800 other weapons such as breech-loading swivel guns and arquebuses.[1]"

So this country was somekinda ally + protectorate of Ottomans in the area. These could be represented in game by events.

Currently Aceh is very underrepresented comparable to lot other countries. After Pasai was conquered by Portuguese they stood still around 400 years by their general stubborn militaristic resistance, Islamic defensive attitude about culture and wise diplomatic relations.
I suggested this in past but Aceh history was bit dark so I looked for new papers.

Sadly there isn't a single event surrounding these 3 countries; Pasai, Aceh and Johar.
My suggestions:
1. Make "Aceh" almost guaranteed to appear via events after Portuguese conquer. (1524)
2. For this give Portuguese event casus belli "trade dispute" also about "Pasai". (1521)
info: In 1521, the Portuguese occupied Pasai, until Aceh Dar al·Salam, under Sultan Ali Mughayah Shah, took Pasai from the
portuguese by force in 1524.
3. Add Ottoman intervention events (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottoman_expedition_to_Aceh) (1537-1538)
-Options: Gifted artillery cannons/better military quality, better military tactics["in military technology Atjeh was much more advanced than the Javanese klngdoms and military tactics and strategy were clearly of Turkish origin."5"]
-bonus trade power(ship gifts)
-better fort defense:
etc.
We can choose best fitting one.

"Bustan al-Salatin, the chronicle of sixteenth century Aceh, mentions the relations of Aceh with the Ottoman Empire, which took place durlng the reign of "Ali'al-Din Ri'ayyah Shah al-Qahhar:
He who created the government institution (isti'adah) of Aceh Daru's-Salam and sent an envoy to Sultan Rum, to the state of Istanbul, in order to strengthen the Muslim religion. The Sultan Rum sent various craftsmen and experts who knew how to make guns. It was also he who first built a fort at Aceh Daru's-Salam, and he who first fought all unbelievers and attacked Malacca in person.

ln his study on this matter, Reid suggests that the first political contact between these two countries took place sometime between 1537-1538.

4. Make these countries historically friendly, make Aceh accept vassalization request from Ottomans easier. Ottomans gave them lot of experienced military men + artillery. They helped them develop their guns agains Portuguese. ["The Ottomans taught the Acehnese how to forge their own cannon, some of which reached considerable size"]

Other useful papers:
http://www.ayk.gov.tr/wp-content/up...nt-THE-IMAGE-OF-TURKEY-IN-THE-MALAY-WORLD.pdf
http://www.acehbooks.org/pdf/ACEH_02602.pdf (in Malay for curious people, I can't read sadly)

4. INTERVENTION IN GUJARAT
Ottomans helped Gujaratis against Portuguese forces, they weren't very successful but could defend Diu for couple of years. This could be represented by military alliance.

5. FRENCH ALLIANCE/AGAINST HABSBURGS
This could be represented by assisting French forces annexing Corsica. And raiding Balaeric Islands

6. RAID AND CAPTURE OF LANZAROTE/LUNDY
"The Canaries' wealth invited attacks by piratesand privateers. Ottoman Turkish admiral and privateer Kemal Reis ventured into the Canaries in 1501, while Murat Reis the Elder captured Lanzarote in 1585."

This could be added into as it was temporary occupation by pirates, maybe by adding up new pirate haven under Ottoman protection.
Lundy isn't included in game as province so I just dropped the name.

I am gonna put these into historical order in tree. Gonna look for more to alter Ottoman tree for more fun ways.

With these alt tree options, Ottoman sphere of influence could increase towards west and east more, players could prefer to go in new world as alternative route by superior naval forces.

It also accurately represents
1. How Ottomans worked with France (Corsica)
2. How Ottomans stayed against Habsburgs of Spain in mediterrenean and Atlantic sea
3. Portugal in red sea (arabian peninsula), Indian sea and south east asia.
4. Assistance to Sephardic Jews from Iberia (Thessaloniki)
5. Assistance to Granadans, helping them founding pirate havens.
6. Assistance to Protestants (I am thinking about this as well)

Last edited:
now there are joke missions such as conquering hormuz as portugal i mean i am saying joke because since there is tech leader mamluks all the time portugal can conquer whole arabia before ottomans lmao.

there should be event for algiers vassalization. chance of crimean inheritance should be inreased. i rarely see crimea as ottoman vassal these days...

also ottomans giving their permanent claims to their vassals such as crimea then after diplo-annexing all perma claims get lost. this should be fixed.

conquering egypt mission requires a province from tripoli/tunis. that province should be removed from the mission.

ottoman national idea name found the imperial naval school name should be changed with sth turkish name. and in my opinion ottoman finisher idea force limit should be changed with sth else.

Other than this. I think need new estate for ottomans.

Timarriots ( This giving more cavalry combat ability and cavalry ratio )..And special unit spahies.. a few of the missing

well timar system is a qood idea but now it is too late to introduce it. no one gives a damn about cavalry combat ability because cavalries are useless in the game. just think about it, you added timar system then what? since you can get free adm-dip-mil powers and tech cost/manpower/ducats from other estates why would i care 10% cavalry combat ability? no one does just like no one uses janissaries because they are useless, thanks to @DDRJake and @Trin Tragula .

I have mentioned EXPEDITION TO ACEH and INTERVENTION IN GUJARAT,
these pages pretty much explains what happened:

Summary of Ottoman expeditions:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottoman_naval_expeditions_in_the_Indian_Ocean

About Seydi Ali Reis and his book of experiences in sea and asia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seydi_Ali_Reis
Summary of his diaries:
https://sourcebooks.fordham.edu/source/16csidi1.asp
He was even offered a land:
A few days after this Sultan Ahmed offered me the command of the Province of Burudj, with a very large income, but I refused, saying that I would not stay if he gave me the whole of the land. One night in my dream I saw the Khalifa Murteza Ali. I had a piece of paper before me with Ali's seal upon it. With this seal, the seal of God to help me, away with all fear, for in its strength all foreign waters were mine to command. Next morning I told my dream to my companions and all were glad with me. I asked for permission to depart, and the ruler granted my request out of respect for our Padishah.
He had troubles with whirlpools which might be added as events:
The color of the water suddenly changed to pure white, and at sight of it the pilot broke forth into loud lamentations; he declared we were approaching whirlpools and eddies. These are no myth here; it is generally believed that they are only found on the coasts of Abyssinia and in the neighborhood of Sind in the bay of Djugd, and hardly ever a ship has been known to escape their fury. So, at least, we are told in nautical books. We took frequent soundings, and when we struck a depth of five Kuladj (arm-lengths) the mizzen-sails (Orta Yelken) were set, the bowsprits. . . and . . .heeling over to the left side, and flying the commander's flag, we drifted about all night and all day until at last, in God's mercy, the water rose, the storm somewhat abated, and the ship veered right round.

About Kurtoğlu Hızır Reis naval expedition to Sumatra in Indonesia (1568–1569).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurtoğlu_Hızır_Reis
Kurtoğlu Hızır Reis was the Admiral-in-Chief of the Ottoman Indian Ocean Fleet based in Suez, with other homeports in Aden and Basra. In 1568 he set sail with a force of 22 ships carrying soldiers, military equipment and other supplies, and visited Aden, Djibouti, Muscat, Hormuz, Debal, Surat, Janjira, Lanka (Sri Lanka) and then arrived at Aceh in 1569, an event which effectively marked the easternmost territorial expansion of the Ottoman Empire, was noted by his Portuguese rival Fernão Mendes Pinto. Simultaneously, the Ottoman Empire informed Portugal that Aceh was from that time on an Ottoman territory and any attack against Aceh would be perceived as an attack against the Ottoman Empire, and the Portuguese fleet stopped its activities in the areas surrounding Aceh.

According to here Janjira (called Habsan in game which can appear by event) had good relations with Ottomans and Aceh, could also be included in tree:
According to Ottoman records, a combined force from the Ottomans and Janjira routed a Portuguese fleet in 1587 at Yemen. From this moment onwards Janjira played an important role in resisting Portuguese influence in the region. There's further record of Cooperation with the Ottoman Empire when the Ottoman fleet first arrived in Aceh prior to Ottoman expedition to Aceh has included 200 Malabar sailors from Janjira State to aid the region Batak and the Maritime Southeast Asia in 1539 According to one records at one time Sultan Aurangzeb supplied the Siddis of Janjira state with 2,000 men, provisions, ammunitions along with two Frigates and two large Man-of-war battleships. The ship arrived at Bombay harbor under the commands of Siddi Kasim and Siddi Sambal at 1677. The largest Mughal ship named Ganj-I-Sawai Which equipped with 800 guns and 400 musketeer type soldiers also stationed in the port of Surat. Another record from East India Company factory which written 1673 has reported the Siddis fleet which wintered from Bombay has five Frigates and two Man-of-wars beside of fifteen grabs vessels. It is because the formidable naval warfare skills of Siddis in Janjira that Aurangzeb granting annual payment of 400.000 Rupee for the maintenance of their fleet.