• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
formatting.png

Putting all the text into a tight column in the middle doesn't really make it any easier to read.

Reactions:
In regards to forum PFPs, could you please add the current German flag? All this talking about the 1848 revolution On the Vicky 3 forum really makes me want to use that flag, but currently there's just one version of it and it's circular with a metal border around it making it look like a 9th century painted wooden shield. Would be cool to have one in the style of the hoi or darkest hour sets - an actual textile flag - rather than the shield. Thank you very much

The option to change a thread title says "Edit thread"......
That's plain wrong and misleading.

Why in gods name * does it not say "Edit thread title" anymore or just "Edit title" ????

* i'm not religious.
Just felt the need to add some drama to it.

Last edited:
Being on Probation causes some wierd issues with the some games Subforums - but not all of them. In particular for Bug reports and Suggestions Forums are behaving wierdly:
- Looking into the subforum, all I see is threads started by me
- I can not look in any discussion, not even the ones I started
- I get no notifications for replies, upvotes or downvotes for any of the threads I started
- I can start new threads however. That I then can no longer look at or respond too
- I can not attach files to bug reports, which is kinda important for that subforum

This behavior is very inconsistent with other game subforums:
- Crusader Kings 3 - no issue
- Cities Skylines - no issue
- In EU 4 - only with bug reports, not suggestions
- HoI4 - both Bug reports and suggestions
- Imperator: Rome - no issue
- Age of Wonders: Plantfall - no issue

It feels like some old code is still rattling around in the background, only sometimes taking effect.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Being on Probation causes some wierd issues with the some games Subforums - but not all of them. In particular for Bug reports and Suggestions Forums are behaving wierdly:
- Looking into the subforum, all I see is threads started by me
- I can not look in any discussion, not even the ones I started
- I get no notifications for replies, upvotes or downvotes for any of the threads I started
- I can start new threads however. That I then can no longer look at or respond too
- I can not attach files to bug reports, which is kinda important for that subforum

This behavior is very inconsistent with other game subforums:
- Crusader Kings 3 - no issue
- Cities Skylines - no issue
- In EU 4 - only with bug reports, not suggestions
- HoI4 - both Bug reports and suggestions
- Imperator: Rome - no issue
- Age of Wonders: Plantfall - no issue

It feels like some old code is still rattling around in the background, only sometimes taking effect.
I cant see EU4 mods subsection, the one sub forum i actually care about.

Meanwhile i can see mods subsections for games i dont own at all.

Its bizarre.

Move the big Feature Content block to the BOTTOM of the page, below the forum which I actually want to view.

If I get to the bottom without finding stuff to click, then your suggestions are a welcome bonus.

But if you force me to scroll past the same four broken images to get to what I actually want to see, I'm going to just remove that element and that feature will neither derive nor provide value.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Bug report :
Black boxes for cookie response

even if minor caused by the recent forum software update.
As there is no dedicated thread i post this here.

Firefox 92.0, deactivated my themes, restarted and still there, so likely a default issue.
cookieblack1.jpg

Turns white when hovering my mouse over it
cookieblack2.jpg

Minor, but could maybe cause other issues.

Reactions:
There are several nonsensical stickied threads in the Crusader Kings 2 forum.

Showed up when the new forum software and look got introduced and still there after the current update.
I realy don't see why for example a dev diary on the Sons of Abraham DLC or patch notes for 2.71. are still
there nor threads on the now defunct Monarchs Journey. Can someone please clean that up ?! Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions:
(Slight rant incoming)

1) Which genius changed "Watch" to "Follow" ??

All while "Watched Threads" didn't get renamed, so one is left guessing that it's the same.
To appear modern as everyone nowadays follows and is a friend ?
I could further comment by citing Max Liebermann, but i'll just leave it there...

2) How do i get rid of that huge "Featured Content" part on the top of each forum page ?
I prefer small stickied threads to that eyesore.

PS : Oh i see the latter was complained about already in this linked thread

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Concerning the "Featured Content": It currently shows 2 DD for EU4 and CK3, both haven't reached their release time yet.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The "Jump to Latest" button does what it says. Unfortunately I don't care much for the latest post but for the first post that was written after the last I've read at last. The old "Jump to New" did exactly that. Please get back the old one.

Reactions:
The "Jump to Latest" button does what it says. Unfortunately I don't care much for the latest post but for the first post that was written after the last I've read at last. The old "Jump to New" did exactly that. Please get back the old one.
Jump to new still exists, I used it to access your post. Jump to latest does not replace it.

Reactions:
Jump to new still exists, I used it to access your post. Jump to latest does not replace it.
Ohh... thanks. I didn't see it due to the neon colored "Jump to latest" button and assumed it was replaced...
*adds another "feature" to the block list*

Reactions:
Dev diaries no longer have a button to watch or unwatch them. That should be added back in.
As far as i know, it's a known issue. In the meantime, when in the thread, click on "show dev posts", the "follow" or "unfollow" button will appear, as a work-around until they fix the issue.

Reactions:
Suggestion threads used to have both "upvote" and "downvote" buttons. At one point, the downvote button was removed, so now you can only upvote. Personally, I don't have a strong opinion on whether this change is good or bad. However, all the downvotes that people have previously made still affect the suggestion's score. I suggest either re-enabling the downvote button or clearing all existing downvotes.

Reactions:
Reporting spam should not require a minimum amount of characters. The last time I reported a spam post trying to simply write "spam" it refused to accept it with the error that the report had to be at least 10 characters. So I have to write out "This is spam" to report a post instead of just "spam"...

If someone spams the report system with senseless reports of less than 10 characters, then - great! Someone delivering himself to the executioners noose.

Reactions:
Reporting spam should not require a minimum amount of characters. The last time I reported a spam post trying to simply write "spam" it refused to accept it with the error that the report had to be at least 10 characters. So I have to write out "This is spam" to report a post instead of just "spam"...

If someone spams the report system with senseless reports of less than 10 characters, then - great! Someone delivering himself to the executioners noose.
Known bug. Being worked on.