• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.

Castellon

★Paradox Forum Manager★
Administrator
Paradox Staff
110 Badges
Mar 12, 2002
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Victoria 2 Beta
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Paradox Order
I am garnering feedback of ideas on what features we can enhance or add to the forums to make them easier to use, more fun or informative, post your ideas or comments below.

This is your opportunity to help shape the future of the forums and our community.
I am listening.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Totally jumping in here as I have some answers :D!

Can we get that necromancy warning plugin that's been suggested in the past? Hopefully it will take some work off the Moderators too.
It has been obtained and will be deployed during an upcoming maintenance (time is still TBD)!

Any chance for Tapatalk compatibility? I would post here a lot more if that was a feature.
It's actually being looked into! We've seen an increase in the number of users accessing the forum via mobile devices and this is one plugin that has come up a few times.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I remember you removing that feature quite a few years back, due to some money issue IIRC(I think Tapatalk earned something, but I'm not sure of the reasons, only that it was deemed impossible for PI to continue using the feature). What has changed?
It was never implemented. It has been on the back burner for quite a while actually and I may have mentioned it in the past which is why is rings a bell ;).

• 1Like
Reactions:
It was never implemented. It has been on the back burner for quite a while actually and I may have mentioned it in the past which is why is rings a bell ;).
I'm afraid you are wrong.:p A simple forum search gave me the confirmation.:p

@Castellon wrote in this thread: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...um-reader-like-tapatalk.644208/#post-14572212

I think my friend Tiny was referring to this forum software we have never had it installed on Forum 2.0, in the old forum when Tapatalk was free we had it.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Custom avatars!

Any concerns regarding copy right or possible infractions regarding the forum rules? Easy solution: A custom avatar inspector. He handles all the request. He carefully checks the avatars for possible rule infringements and if you really want to play it safe demands a creative common or similar source. Et voilá, problem solved!
Sorry to dash your hopes but it won't happen. There are a few reasons for this but mainly the sheer number of possible issues. We have over 600000 users and even if only 1% decided to upload custom avatars, we'd have to check over 60000 6000 uploads to make sure they were in line with the forum rules. We also give out special avatars for our products (as well as if you pre-order, sign up to a campaign etc) and that would then become a moot thing to do.

So, to summarize, there are no plans to implement custom avatars.

EDIT: Math is hard on Friday mornings mkay......

Last edited:
Interesting ideas, both of them, though I'm somewhat unsure of how feasible it would be to build the addon we currently use to make it work. It's definitely something I will keep in mind going forward with the development of the forum though I can't say for sure it's something we will implement.

Competitions exclusively for the community! with awards of course ;) not only will this engage the community to use the forum more often and create some fun, but it will also draw more outsiders to register on the Paradox Plaza.

What kind of competitions, you may ask? I'm not so sure, I'm not a content designer :p
We are recruiting another Community Manger actually so that is quite possibly something we will do in the future ;). We used to do weekly contests at Wargaming and I can promise you that we won't do something similar here, it was an absolute nightmare to keep track of and organize. Then again, there were nearly 10 million accounts on that forum :p.

Just wanted to say that we are reading all suggestions even if we do not comment specifically on them.

I'm afraid that won't be possible. The reason for this is that such icons are awarded based on the groups users are in and it wouldn't be possible to limit it to just a specific thread or forum. It would mean that whenever a user in the group made a post, the icon would show regardless of it being a new thread or just a reply.

Pretty sure he means the banner ads. Anyway they work for me without allowing flash. But he's right thta flash wants to run something. I don't allow it though and I haven't experienced anything not working.
That's what I don't get, it's not flash based :p. The banners are just normal HTML code. Not sure what else is asking for flash tbh, it's not used to my knowledge!

Maybe I'm stupid for suggesting this, but how about a mobile app for the forum. I think it's too clumped up together on the mobile version of chrome in my opinion.
It's on the list of things we are looking at. The forum isn't optimized for mobile devices I'm afraid but so far the one we've looked at is TapaTalk and whilst it's good and all, it's a bit "cluttery" :p.

I did rewrite the rules to be better organized and formatted and that lasted for several years. Unfortunately/fortunately as the company has grown, the legal department expanded as well, and they required me to rewrite them in a more formal/legal way. :)

Out of curiousity, could you make a casual, non-binding, easy-to-read version and link to the legal one ?
Legal does not really allow something like that, as it creates confusion with intent and which terms of service supersedes the other in court.

Oooo I hadn't noticed that actually, having an Admin account means I sometimes takes things for granted ><. I'm logged in to my test account and can see that you have the insert image option at least which is better than nothing!

As for a "media gallery" this is actually something that's being worked on for Xenforo 2.0 and I'm exicted! That upgrade will be wikkid!