• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Secondly, ignored users posts should not trigger notifications like "unread watched threads" and such.
Absolutely, yes. Not sure why it'd work any other way.

Give the ignoree a feedback. Either before responding or just in general.
If an ignorer doesn't want to disclose using the feature, there could be a privacy toggle either per individual use or as general setting (with the default being no feedback).
No. Like a very, very hard no. Just ignore people and move on.

Reactions:
Absolutely, yes. Not sure why it'd work any other way.

Neato :)

No. Like a very, very hard no. Just ignore people and move on.

I do. But I know at least one user has wasted time trying to respond to me (and obviously I don't know how often) and I feel bad for the fella ^^
But if it's a no-go, that's ok.

remove the arbitrary and secret limitations that paying customers have to discover in order to participate in this community

you're literally creating a situation where an otherwise honest user is forced to spam in order to find this secret limitation

pants-on-head stupid

remove the arbitrary and secret limitations that paying customers have to discover in order to participate in this community

you're literally creating a situation where an otherwise honest user is forced to spam in order to find this secret limitation

pants-on-head stupid
Not sure exactly which one you're speaking of, but that's the unfortunate trade off in these days of spam bots.

This is a serious suggestion :

A FACEPALM reaction icon.

It would not only often be more fitting, but also likely triggering less debates about a 'respectftully disagree' icon by someone who received it.
At least i can imagine it could help. I can also imagine the opposite effect.., but it could be worth a try.
Some sort of alternative to the RD, one which might come across as less drastic.

Alternatively change the colour of the 'respectfully disagree' X from red to green..or blue or whatever..
Red is a pretty aggressive colour, so that could make a difference. Not with everyone, but overall enough folks.
This might be the better suggestion actually.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Why did the subforums get hidden from front page? It's annoying having to go through extra clicks to get where you want to go.

Reactions:
I want a Humanity portrait.

(This is particularly an issue for me as the first letter of "HFY" stands for "Humanity".)

But I don't just want one human portrait, I want ALL of us in there.

Two implementation ideas:

1 - Make it an animated gif, which cycles through all (or at least many of) the possible phenotypes & hairstyles in the game.

2 - Make it a static portrait, but change the phenotype & hairstyle in the potrait randomly every day.

Both of these implementations would require some effort, but it's not my effort and it would benefit me, therefore I think it's worthwhile.

but it's not my effort and it would benefit me, therefore I think it's worthwhile.
That made me laugh. Thank you :)

"Someone else's problem + my gain -> profit"

Reactions:
I once again reiterate my proposal to reduce the vertical space used by the date, share, bookmark, post#, reactions, report, like, quote and reply elements. Preferably to one line thereby utilizing the horizontal space and limiting vertical sprawl.

Something along these lines:

AFTER.png

While I'm repeating myself, delete this: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/forum-user-agreement-rules.544261/
It has been replaced by this https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/help/terms/ and thereby become redundant.

Last edited:
please remove "respectfully disagree," there is little more infuriating than seeing a bunch of "respectfully disagree" notifications without a single reply to your post. it's like having a bunch of people say "you're wrong" without anyone explaining why you are wrong or actually contributing to discussion, I think it's the worst addition to this forum ever.

basically just allows people to snipe conversations without making contributions to them, dogpiling with little symbols under your post, and doesn't give you anything to respond to except ghosts and guess at why people don't like what you said.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
please remove "respectfully disagree," there is little more infuriating than seeing a bunch of "respectfully disagree" notifications without a single reply to your post. it's like having a bunch of people say "you're wrong" without anyone explaining why you are wrong or actually contributing to discussion, I think it's the worst addition to this forum ever.

basically just allows people to snipe conversations without making contributions to them, dogpiling with little symbols under your post, and doesn't give you anything to respond to except ghosts and guess at why people don't like what you said.
Interesting then that the only folks (and it does seem to be a small, rotating lineup of characters) I see aggressively pushing for this have habits of mistreating or otherwise antagonizing other users. From where I sit, it seems less like a lot of these folks want to improve the quality of discussion and more likely want to create the appearance of standing unopposed - either forcing users to take the bait and fall into the mud with them or let the bait hang unchallenged. Perhaps, then, the reason folks drop a big red X on these sorts of posts is not wholly because they disagree with the point made, but they are also tired of the attitude of those who post them.

And to be completely frank, I'm done beating around the bush with this.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Please for the love of God hook up CK3's AAR section to AARland. Are you deliberately wanting to kill the scene?

Reactions:
Interesting then that the only folks (and it does seem to be a small, rotating lineup of characters) I see aggressively pushing for this have habits of mistreating or otherwise antagonizing other users. From where I sit, it seems less like a lot of these folks want to improve the quality of discussion and more likely want to create the appearance of standing unopposed - either forcing users to take the bait and fall into the mud with them or let the bait hang unchallenged. Perhaps, then, the reason folks drop a big red X on these sorts of posts is not wholly because they disagree with the point made, but they are also tired of the attitude of those who post them.

And to be completely frank, I'm done beating around the bush with this.
but what I don't understand is this: putting that you agree under a post removes simply replying "this" or "I agree." that seems desirable to me.
and I get a lot more helpfuls, likes, or agrees than I do disagrees

It's just that when I'm having a conversation with people and then they resort to just throwing Xs under my posts instead of replying, it doesn't really seem productive. if anything, the posts that aren't made because of having the red x to throw around are ones you want to be made, whereas the ones checkmarks/thumbs up replace are ones you don't want because they don't contribute.

I'm not sure what is communicated when I have a regular conversation with someone and they stop replying and just use reactions.

Also, if you're insinuating something about being banned on here before or whatever, I don't really think it has anything to do with the discussion. I think your characterization of my logic is just one big personal insult and dramatizes what's really a fairly simple point being made

• 1Like
Reactions:
but what I don't understand is this: putting that you agree under a post removes simply replying "this" or "I agree." that seems desirable to me.
and I get a lot more helpfuls, likes, or agrees than I do disagrees

It's just that when I'm having a conversation with people and then they resort to just throwing Xs under my posts instead of replying, it doesn't really seem productive. if anything, the posts that aren't made because of having the red x to throw around are ones you want to be made, whereas the ones checkmarks/thumbs up replace are ones you don't want because they don't contribute.

I'm not sure what is communicated when I have a regular conversation with someone and they stop replying and just use reactions.

Also, if you're insinuating something about being banned on here before or whatever, I don't really think it has anything to do with the discussion. I think your characterization of my logic is just one big personal insult and dramatizes what's really a fairly simple point being made
This conversation pops up from time to time and every time it pops up the majority (if not the entirety) of the voices supporting the removal of the disagree are trolls and other users with long histories of mistreating other users. And it absolutely needs to come up, and I'm tired of beating around the bush.

Problem users are the ones recommending the removal of the disagree and it appears, using their own words, that it's because eventually other users get sick of being mistreated, or hounded, or baited, or sealioned, or gish galloped and they just want out. They leave their big red X as a farewell and they walk away, which as moderators is something we need them to do, otherwise we just go through and have to nuke an entire thread from orbit.

The last time there was a thread closed on the matter, there was something like 60 infractions between only five or six users arguing for removing the disagrees.

• 2Like
Reactions:
My totally innovative idea to improve the forum would be that someone takes aaaaaallllll the feedback, replies and suggestions from this thread (expecially the last few pages or something) and
1) Replies to it if actually someone cares what we are writing there
2) Makes at least some statement if the issues we are posting there will be adressed or if it is "WAD"

Thank you.

Last edited:
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
My totally innovative idea to improve the forum would be that someone takes aaaaaallllll the feedback, replies and suggestions from this thread (expecially the last few pages or something) and
1) Replies to it if actually someone cares what we are writing there
2) Makes at least some statement if the issues we are posting there will be adressed or if it is "WAD"

Thank you.
A week since I wrote that post. No reaction here or in the linked thread.

Figures... :(

Reactions: