• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Playing as venice with a CK2 imported game.

h6PVCnJ.jpg

nAZ5nfZ.jpg

QXKEgwR.jpg

ZnTkb8W.jpg

CQsEz0R.png

Attachments

• eu4_1.png
    eu4_1.png
    3,2 MB · Views: 66
  • eu4_2.jpg
    eu4_2.jpg
    641,7 KB · Views: 49
  • eu4_3.jpg
    eu4_3.jpg
    623,1 KB · Views: 44
  • eu4_4.jpg
    eu4_4.jpg
    653,6 KB · Views: 46
  • eu4_map_VEN_1720_02_21_1.png
    eu4_map_VEN_1720_02_21_1.png
    270,5 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Well, it's not much, but I'm happy with it :)
riSAmBQ.jpg

Muscovy and the Ottomans are a pain in the you know what.
Can't annex Zaporozhie and the Golden Horde because of the coring-distance.

On the other hand, expanding into Poland/Russia or Arabia also sound good. Maybe I can do them all? Maybe not though; even with cores only costing 2 or 5 per BT (depending on if I have a claim), I've already spent a lot of admin points, and my king/heir are 0 and 1 in admin, respectively...

You should've become a republic :cool: 100 power projection = 0.5 Republican Tradition

http://i.imgur.com/cPHJjEp.png

Sons of Carthage! Got the achievement then france DoW'd me soooooooooo im probably done with that campaign.

I restarted until Algeria didn't get the ottoman alliance, two wars diplo annex then picked at the islands while aragon was at war. as for castile they randomly lost their French alliance so I struck, I utilized their north African provinces for warscore and used my super navy to block them off. France DoW'd spain once, all it took for me to sweep into Iberia.

im trying to figure out how to put the picture in the post.

Last edited:
Wow, Thumbs up for that Hungary, however I am very disappointed at the two or three one province minors in side of your nation, the glory of your empire can't have spaces inside of it :p
Thank you. :)
Actually they are my vassals, the remaining principalities of the Holy Roman Empire (including the Papal State with His Holiness' only province, Munchen). I revoked the privilegia in 1767, but I didn't want restore the unified empire - enetually the HRE often own half of Europe, but Hungary just rarely.

Look around somewhere in the bug reports sub-forum. I think that's where you can put this as a suggestion or something in that direction.
Thank you, I will.

Ahh that would make sense HHRE Hungarian Holy Roman Empire ;)
Yes, it's probably the Holy Roman Empire of the Hungarian Nation. Although just ten percent of her population is hungarian, so the Empire will be in big trouble, when the nacionalist moovements are strengthened in the XIX-XX. century. :)

Sons of Carthage! Got the achievement then france DoW'd me soooooooooo im probably done with that campaign.

im trying to figure out how to put the picture in the post.

I'd say If you had a superior navy it'd not be a problem fighting france, especially if Ottomans were your ally but.. AI isn't very known for it's helpfulness.

Yeah I won some wars solo against castile and france. I used a province in north Africa for warscore, the issue was getting provinces in Iberia. At one point the castillian-French alliance broke so I struck then. My troops were roughly equally to the spainish so I just sat in the mountains and crushed them. A massive catalunyan revolt occurred so that helped a ton.

All in all, handling rebels was the biggest pain otherwise I just had to be very opportunistic. I think im done with the game now. France is sieging down my Iberian provinces and the ottomans just took the "conquer tunis" mission. My army even in the mountains got crushed by france their morale is a fair bit higher than mine. Oh well I got the achievement.

Last edited:

REally fun game. Qara Qoyunlu to Persia. I had India locked up but accidental released Bengal as a protectorate. Couldn't get them back which was annoying. (East Indian - > Thialand. Massive empire touching ming) Wanted to recreate the great Persian empire and this time finally take Greece. I kind of failed. I thought it was 1816 but actually was 1820!! I tried to take out 2 province minor Greece in the middle of my empire but couldn't do it in time. Sad times.

Europe? Netherlands formed and were massive players. France weren't great all game and never got all their cores. Spain was usual Spain. Portugal was usual. Massive PLC, Massive x 5 Ottomans both of which I took down (OE back to 10 provinces from over 200) and PLC became small time. Big Austria and Brandenburg which was nice but sadlt Prussia never formed.

Last edited:
2014-06-07_00003.jpg

Awesome MP game I played with a friend of mine, he's Byzantium as you can likely infer. We've also just started a VEF game, the mod seems pretty fun so far, so we'll see how that plays out!

My first post on the forums and first 1.6.1 WoN Game. Tuscany > Italy, Ironman.

pft2Rnj.png

aMeBYFh.png

Still very unfinished. I'm hoping to take the entirety of the Alexandria and Gulf of Aden nodes so I can transfer power to Venice and collect trade from India.

France and I have been very good friends for the past 120 years, thanks to our natural hatred of Austria. We have fought roughly 7-8 wars against an Austria-Castille-England Alliance and have emerged victorious every time. France has also been very kind to me and given be roughly 5-6 provinces that I sieged during wars against Austria in which Italian Minors have been included. Whilst it made me happy, it screwed me over at times and threw my AE to about 80-100 with most of my neighbours.

Believe it or not, that France was reduced to a 5PM around 1450-60 after a number of Invasions by Burgundy. The turning point came during the 3rd Invasion when French, Tuscan and Savoyan armies were assaulted in Piedmont by roughly 50,000 Burgundian men. We were victorious and proceeded to stackwipe small disorganized armies before sieging provinces. 2-3 wars later, France emerged dominant after the Inheritance by Austria. I helped France some more in wars against Austria in which both me and France grew significantly. Hopefully this alliance can keep going whilst I conquer the Eastern regions - I wouldn't like to fight their armies right now.

Austria lost their emperor status in 1540 after losing a war against me and France. The Current Emperor is Bohemia and has considerable hold over all the electors. I'm thinking about pursuing the Emperor title myself, however I am unsure of how I might go about this. Austria also lost the majority of their Low Counties against France who proceeded to absorb all the minor nations released. Currently Austria is still a considerable threat to me thanks to their military size and generals (my army tradition sucks currently).

Castille was a threat to me between 1483-87 after they had the Iberian Wedding event. They lost it thanks to negative prestige and were unable to get a PU over Aragon or Naples because their dynasty changed to Lancaster. Aragon was knocked around by me, France and Castille in the 1540's due to wars for land and call-to-arms. The last Aragon lands in Italy were acquired by me in 1552 and I promptly formed Italy to get those sweet CB claims. Naples and Sicily was absorbed by 1570 and I had just finished the last war with Venice - acquiring Venezia 1 year before the claim expired.

The current state of Eastern Europe is thanks to Novgorod being super aggressive in 1450's. In 1456 they fully annexed the Livonian Order which started a Coalition from Muscovy all the way to Denmark. Nations took pieces until Finland formed and Muscovy formed a PU over them. In 1513 Lithuania declared a Succession War against Muscovy after the PU they formed with Finland and was beat into submission. Muscovy demanded that Lithuania give back cores to Ukraine, which is why there are currently Ukrainian lands in the middle of the Commonwealth. Speaking of the Commonwealth, Poland never got a PU over Lithuania in 1440's. They formed a PU in 1523 and shortly beat Denmark in the Succession War - forming the Commonwealth and becoming the 3rd most powerful nation in Europe. They currently are advancing into Denmark (weird, they started doing this after acquiring Mecklenburg almost 30 years before) and Crimea. With around 100,000 troops, they have the 2nd biggest army.

My current ideas are:
I. Naval
II. Innovative
III. Offensive
IV. Economic

I took Economic thanks to the ridiculous amount of inflation events whilst I was a Noble Republic. When I became a Monarchy I had about 30 Inflation. Not sure what I should take next, probably Trade or Defensive as I want to expand into Alexandria and Gulf of Aden.

Also, current world map for all those wondering. Russia has not chosen Expansion Ideas and are therefore superlate in Siberia. Not sure why Castille prioritised Canada and East America over Brazil in terms of colonisation. Also you can see Portugal has established a South African Trade Company and will soon reach India most likely.
ZuV2YId.png