• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The only state that can beat me in 1v1. But, with my Allies, I can destruct them (I've done that during the game multiple Time, In 1600, Abbasids were on the Mediterranean sea).

(My allies are Austria-Poland-Ireland (All Habsburg, like me)

How did they even get that large in the first place?? Did the Mongols just not fire, and they magically managed to defeat the Kwarazmshahs??? :p.

This is actually CK 2 Empire... But thanks to converter i am just going to count it
Nimet_n.png

It actually was more interesting in CK 2 since i hold invidual cities all over Scotland. However, interestingly i never intervened in any events outside my Empire besides Aztec invasion (that is why i have those areas in southern france), my vassals did all of it. Holy Roman Empire has never been smaller, they were basically just Greater Switzerland! But i was catholic and strongest nation on earth, so even tough Aztec + Mongols look impressive on the map, in reality they stand no change for me, and it is only matter of time before i wipe them out. Unfortunately i did not have time for that in CK2, so i am going to do it in EU4 eventually. Portugal and parts of Spain are also hold by Umayyads, which just is not right, entire Eurasia must become European and Christian.
Strong Indian nation is also interesting.
Also, my very first Roman Empire :)

Hey all!

Finally progressed on my 1.9.2 save (aye, been having that save ever since). I finally managed to integrate my ming (i *might* have overfed that vassel and my god... the base tax!).

Achievements gotten this run: Viva la revolución, Master of India, Definitely the Sultan of Rum, Market Control, The Rising Sun, The Grand Armada, Total Control, That's a Silk Road and finally Over a Thousand!

Now im just thinking of putting it to speed and finally finish a game haha.

txtRtaV.jpg

ULYCHD9.jpg

And funny europa, mind i never really fought them once. Only waged 1 war against Commonwealth when they were in 3 seperate wars getting kicked and having rebels hehe. Bohemia formed HRE and Austria wasn't allowed to join the party hehe.

pE6Hsbp.jpg

It transpires that Poland can into space and can also into Western Europe.
19CCA26D701993C256D5661F40A9126BC12ED01E

Diplomacy mapmode (excluding GB's and Portugal's CNs):
BE4E005DE499151029CAC9E7398180795130B20A

End-screen:
8538956221FB5846CE276C9823D90227D7B3305E

Here's Western Europe after the final war I fought there:
74D804990C46CF1CBD89E1889FB7774FA56A2A76

And here, from earlier, is the obligatory "Look, I carpet-sieged France!" photo:
6FA6234EE92CEC1AF6CF6DF767F35C42B0575C34

Ironically enough, I completely failed to pick up any PUs while an Elective Monarchy, but then got GB and Brandenburg in the first two decades of absolutist rule and then acquired Portugal a century later - as Castile, who contested the Portuguese PU, were also in a coalition against me along with almost all of Western Europe except a ruined and peaced-out France, I then ended up in a war with about 500,000 men on each side, and myself sustained about 500,000 casualties prior to winning the war. Given that this was a transcontinental war in the 1770s, it was also as laggy as hell itself.

I would have stayed Catholic, but the first Protestant Centre of Reformation spawned in my capital, so that wasn't really feasible.

Achievement-wise, I managed to pick up One King to Rule, Winged Hussars, Poland Can Into Space!, Just A Little Patience (easily the hardest of the lot) and Ruina Imperii.

Some fun with random nations, "very hard" (50 points) custom nations:

Songqu, Ningbo, Hamid all lucky nations. I got hampered badly by Songqu turning hostile in the early 1500's. They allied Ningbo who managed to stay current to western standards in miltech until the mid 1700s ish. I had to reach into trickbag to dig out of that but it cost me some time, and there wasn't really a good moment to westernize because of the potential for double lucky China and lucky Hamid to dogpile me if I ever had a moment's weakness. Still teched okay though:

Fighting off an alliance combo with far more tax than even Ming and lucky bonuses certainly presented an interesting challenge. I messed with Josh early in this game guaranteeing him (we were both Nahuatl, so not many alliances to be had), and some idiot Iberian AI disrespected that in the 1700ish timeframe, was fun to go over there and lay a beatdown on that backwards Iberian nation. I was so insulted by them that I went and assaulted most of the peninsula and transferred occupation just to spite the AI even though my help was nowhere near necessary ^_^.

I think this is my finest creation in eu4 so far, also my most enjoyable game. Started as OPM five basetax Oda daimyo in 1444 (modded start date by adding later bookmark daimyos, buffing Ming and changing Japanese flag). Three weird countries on west are my client states and marches, together they had like 100 000 army, 0% liberty desire :) on east three loyal colonies. Taungu, Hindustan, Aztec are allies.

CrDxQOm.png

Z9sIP9R.png

AWuQDHk.png

G850xP3.png

pVSPLNq.png

Reactions:
I think this is my finest creation in eu4 so far, also my most enjoyable game. Started as OPM five basetax Oda daimyo in 1444 (modded start date by adding later bookmark daimyos, buffing Ming and changing Japanese flag). Three weird countries on west are my client states and marches, together they had like 100 000 army, 0% liberty desire :) on east three loyal colonies. Taungu, Hindustan, Aztec are allies.

AWuQDHk.png
What graphical mod is that? The map is beautiful.

HCpRQr2.jpg

My Hungarian Empire, My friend was Kurland he is a newbie got annexed brutally and destroyed my nation in some stupid world war got taken over by rebels 24/7. Venice was vassal for navy purposes owned Crete and Rhodes. Had minor colony in South America and a medium sized colony in Africa.
vL0E3Qm.png
Later went on an end of the game rampage.

in3xdPK.jpg
This was my end game Italian game. Friend played as Hannover he is a newbie got into deep trouble 24/7 out of control rebels :/ turned into revolutionary Hannover with a French Flag.

4FJqs4z.jpg
My Oirat Game didn't finish that but got as far as colonization and westernizing

My evolution of Pskov I would say this was one of my favorite if not the favorite run I ever made.
siZmtwg.jpg

Then
2Um4XK8.jpg

then
66lhnMe.jpg

and finally
GXsl6KS.jpg

Well these are my top nations that I took pics of.

Last edited:
843DEEF716FEA404041CE23BA8132C8271DE8FC1

Still quite early on (not quite 50years), but i feel i've gotten a good start at grabbing Great Khan achivement, helped a good bit by early alliance with Ottomans, to deter Moscowy from getting any funny ideas.

Kiev, Sibir and Gazikumukh are my vassals (allready annexed Nogai and Crimea), and currently gearing up for a(nother) war with Uzbek to beat out rest of Sibir from them, followed likely by a war against Persia to beat out Khorasan

Game were made a bit easier by Lithuania starting out with a succession war against Muscowy (over Ryazan, and Muscowy won easily) followed by Poland getting raped by TO, Pomerania, Hungary and Bohemia, being forced to release its vassals, and they never joined under a PU.

First idea were Influence (for Diplo annexation mainly) and my next two (currently on Admin 6) is most likely going to be Administative (for painting, reforming my government and another -20% diplo annex cost via policy) and Religious (slowly starting to get quite a few heretics/heathens), after that, i don't know for sure... Diplomatic maybe?

The latest to join my list of completed games is my failed Hesse->Westphalia run. The reason I say "failed" is because I initially intended to restrict myself to ethnic borders (i.e. Germanic culture group). It was really fun while I was within ~2/3rds of today's Germany - I had higher forcelimits and standing armies than Russia, France, and the Ottomans solely because all my provinces had been built up to pretty much Tier 4 buildings across the board. The perfect example of a tall empire.
...but then I figured I wanted more trade in Lubeck...
...then I felt the desire to eat some tasty, tasty Bohemia. I hated that stupid foreign-culture blob intruding into my otherwise pretty German lands.
...then my ally France DOWed Britain out of the blue, so it was only natural that I would do all the work, have Scotland released, and proceed to feed them the entirety of the British isles.
...then, after ~150 years of sharing the same dynasty, I finally got the chance to claim the French throne...

Well, y'all know how it goes :D

nPffMnG.jpg

Didn't really bother going deep into Russia or Asia minor. Figured the best way to end the game would be to stay true to my country's name and origins: paint a phallic shape in western Europe (god, I love Scandinavia), pointing in Russia's general direction. I'm sure Napoleon would've been proud :) Well, aside from his client state integrating his homeland, that is. That could potentially create an awkward silence at the family dinner table.

"Not Iberia", as you can probably guess, is my client state, with its capital in Albania. It was basically a single war against the Ottomans at 75% admin efficiency and diplo ideas done. At that point, Russia was still my ally, so I used the chance to clean up their Caucasian borders as well.
The problem was, I didn't expect that area to be so valuable, and also didn't notice Russia was still at admin tech 28. I basically ended up giving them close to 200% overextension :D
Being a nice neighbour, I helped them kill all their rebels.
Then, while they were still at +7 unrest from OE alone, I DOWed them for the all-important 1-bt province of Kola. Y'know, the tip of Scandinavia :)

I could've finished eating Italy and proper Iberia, as well as going all Drang Nach Osten on Russia, but just couldn't be arsed. Basically, this ended up being a failed attempt at restricting my expansionist urges, while also failing to grow to an impressive size, as I got greedy too late, and didn't even commit to that properly.
A pretty fun game nonetheless.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Typus Orbis Terrarum (base map overhaul)
+
TBARW: Transparent Political Mapmode
+
GFX Overhaul (compatible provided you delete atlas_normal, atlas_0 and colormap_water files)

and yes, it is beautiful ;)

imfG0KV.jpg

I am just happy i am done with Luck of The Irish. It was bit painful to beat ultra super GB navy, but loans and tons of heavies did job right and then it was only matter of time. I really like idea of running from Europe, and even i got DoWed by England like 1480s they just take Munster and leave me out. Then i slowly destroyed Aztecs etc and prepared for mighty comeback.

HCpRQr2.jpg

My Hungarian Empire, My friend was Kurland he is a newbie got annexed brutally and destroyed my nation in some stupid world war got taken over by rebels 24/7. Venice was vassal for navy purposes owned Crete and Rhodes. Had minor colony in South America and a medium sized colony in Africa.
vL0E3Qm.png
Later went on an end of the game rampage.

in3xdPK.jpg
This was my end game Italian game. Friend played as Hannover he is a newbie got into deep trouble 24/7 out of control rebels :/ turned into revolutionary Hannover with a French Flag.

4FJqs4z.jpg
My Oirat Game didn't finish that but got as far as colonization and westernizing

My evolution of Pskov I would say this was one of my favorite if not the favorite run I ever made.
siZmtwg.jpg

Then
2Um4XK8.jpg

then
66lhnMe.jpg

and finally
GXsl6KS.jpg

Well these are my top nations that I took pics of.

Did a very similar campaign as you in the Extended Timeline Mod starting as Pskov around the same time as you, in the same situation! What are the odds!
Very fun campaign though, I never formed Russia, Pskov looked way more impressive on the map ;)

A couple of recent 1.11.4 games.

Savoy into Sardinia-Piedmont
eSxBQhq.jpg

I was inspired to play Savoy from the recent thread on the difficulties of playing Savoy. The only country I had previously played in the area was Modena, so it seemed like a good time to try a slightly different game. Ended up a pretty much the same as my 1.9 Modena game, since in both I kept to the European theater. AE/coalitions were roughly the same except here the small countries were more likely to join a coalition only when large nation decided it was time to join.

During the game I was able to keep the French alliance for all of the early game by getting more provinces than France before they took the Savoy mission (took lots of provinces from Aragon and Naples). I also had to remove the HRE, since it went Protestant when I was locked out of the League war due to prior warring commitments, plus I did not want to convert. From here on it will just be grindy warring, so no real reason to continue even though it would be nice to integrate the vassals and paint more of the map that gorgeous color.

Friesland into Netherlands
gtZBria.jpg

I also did my first try (after 2000 hours) at a Netherlands trade campaign. Here I started with Friesland campaign with some rules.

- The only Provinces I can take in Europe are the Dutch, Flemish and Walloon culture provinces.
- No vassals except for other Dutch, Flemish and Walloon minors. (excepting Imreti at the end for Georgia on my Mind)
- All units must be made in Europe
- No Army, Navy line buildings, and preferably no Governent line buildings past the Courthouse, outside of Europe.
- Except for the Trade Hegemon provinces, all provinces in Asia and Africa should be coastal whenever possible (and in Trade Companies)
- End goals ... have the biggest forcelimits, the most money and North America (excepting Frexas)

Current Stats ...
Army Forcelimit: #1 Netherlands 432 - #2 Ottomans 300
Navy Forcelimit: #1 Netherlands 1953 - #2 Great Britain 240 (umm ... currently rocking 1445 boats)
Trade Income: #1 Netherlands 517 - #2 Great Britain 175 (some negative modifiers are messing with my cashflow ... plus I should probably do some Trade Conflicts to bring up trade power)

more screenshots of various things in this imgur album - http://imgur.com/a/F6ksH

In this game, it was helpful that France lost some early wars to Burgundy/Castile and Great Britain. Then Burgundy lost its many of its low countries provinces in a coalition war, so I had all the provinces I need for the Netherlands by 1490. From there I was able to lock down all the North American colonial zones (except alaska) with the Treaty of Torsedillas. Portugal decided to go after Cape in this game, so North America was wide open. (That's Spanish Brazil, English La Plata and Breton Colombia in South America). I would have liked to control trade more efficiently, but I could not take all the provinces I would need in Europe and taking more of the Ivory Coast than the three provinces I took when grabbing Portuguese Georgia seemed to be against the spirit of the game.

Fighting Russia and then Ottomans for the two extra provinces I needed for Georgia on my Mind was actually quite interesting, since even though I have a good forcelimit, my manpower pool was still not great. I even had a hard time recruiting enough Mercs back in Europe to keep up with the loss rate when I was aggressively attacking either country, but playing a waiting attrition game also did not work out very well since they both have such good manpower recovery rates. In the end I just wimped out only took the provinces I needed and did not try to break up either country by releasing nations.

This type of game does seem to be just about the most powerful "tall" empire you can do in EU4 ... although with all of the colonies, overseas provinces, and trade companies, it might not actually be what people think of when they think "tall".

Picked up some achievements in this run - Je maintiendrai, Sinaasappel, Trade Hegemon, Even Better than Piet Heyn, Georgia on My Mind, Four for Trade, Magellan's Voyage (1576 - should have been 15 years earlier, but GB started a war when my ships just rounded Cape.)

And yes ... if you have great vision, I did take Ostfriesland in place of Artois. Not Dutch or Walloon ... but still a Friesland.

Last edited: