• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Here's a quickie of the Mongols, who are far, far easier to play with than in EU3. Started in 149X and finished 'cause I now have to go to work.

C10CA20A8D4D2A90A41F66FA03D59D10B02F1BAF

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Ryukyu, the happiest place on earth.

Our citizens are practically up in arms to meet you.

Nobody works in Ryukyu, we all play all the time.

In Ryukyu, all land is unquestionably ours. All the clay is our rightful clay.

Final victims:

Stability:

sr13WIX.jpg

Diplomacy:

P8UMgOu.jpg

Balance sheets:

m6BjARp.jpg

Trading:

dV3OpM2.jpg

A typical happy province:

9ah67sr.jpg

The badges:

wF5Fljl.jpg

What the game thought:

0duJeA0.jpg

---​

Taken from: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?709144-The-Three-Mountains-A-Ryukyu-AAR

A game in which I tried a bunch of new things and avoided much conquest. I wanted a compeltely mono-culture empire with everything built everywhere. I sunk an ungodly amount of monarch points into buildings but the net result is that it just doesn't matter if you in a position to trade because trade undeniably trumps all.

I tried some different national ideas, in particular avoiding diplomacy and defensive. Yep, decided I'll never be avoiding them again.

On the plus side, having everything reformed and Scottish means I am immune to Jackals! Vultures!

All the way to 1820 and cotton is still a worthless trade good.

I don't normally play majors but...

I had to get that Sweden Is Not Overpowered achievement. A very enjoyable game. Extra goals were to make everything Swedish-cultured (except for Danish lands because Danes are bloody awesome) and to form a Northern-European brotherhood. Novgorod and Tyrone are my vassals while Scotland has been in a personal union with me for about 150 years. I have no interest in integrating any of them because clean borders are best borders.

AI prize goes to Aragon who managed to remain independent against Castile although got badly beaten. They then expanded into Italy, annexed Muscovy and beat Castile senseless in a defensive war. They also lead some of the bloodies coalition wars against me.

AI anti-prize goes to France who lost just about every war they ever got involved in.

Last edited:
I take it that someone beat Aragon's ass so badly that they managed to force them to release Novgorod?

On the first year I fought for my independence, then a few years later I vassalised Novgorod and then fought Muscovy to get all of Novgorod's cores back and more. There wasn't much for Aragon to inherit.

Ah, my mistake. Aragon inherited Musovy, not Novgorod.

My very humble Swiss republic with vassals: Netherlands, Papal States, Serbia, Hungary, France, Aragon and Styria. I wanted to give most of Europe to my vassals but I just disbanded the HRE and called it a day.

Burgundy disgusted my by forming France. It seems it's one of the formation decisions that doesn't require you to be independent.

Thus concludes Pink India v2.0

The goal was strictly to control all Trade from Nippon/Australia all the way to Basra. As a result, money is no object.

Kochin has actually got a very easy start in EU4. Conquer your two neighbours while Vijay is embroiled in its inevitable Sunni wars, stab Vijay in the back then enjoy having all the money you could ever need.

Damn that's a nice colour.

I'm playing a slow, relaxed, colonial Norway game right now:

l1l5mTb.png

I'll probably release and play as Vinland once I've fed it more provinces. I haven't actually played a game of EUIV since before CoP was released, despite spending a lot of time modding it (even releasing a whole mod dedicated to CoP mechanics in Australia).

Also used DRR Jake's Accumulate money thing, I like the "Fill our Coffers" thing better though, I have never seen it before and it seems to reproduce very fast. 1 ducate below 2,000 gold... BAM. 500 gold and 10 prestige.

Hilarious really. I wonder if the mission exists in 1.5. I know they nerfed Accumulate Money. Either way, you can still get unlimited money in 1.5 with the over 100% colonial nation tax exploit thing, so eh.

It still exists, but it now reduces inflation by 1 and gives 10 prestige. Still handy.