• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Serberia or Serbily I dunno take your pick.

[pic]

Can't be bothered killing Spain no matter how much Iberian Siberia bothers me. Persia, Yemen, Nepal and Manchu are vassals. Until I realised it was better to just full annex and release I had aggressive expansion problems with my vassals who just wouldn't let their 'just a number' rise

SdscwQj.png

World map and the colonies.

Mother of stronk...

1.5 Hungary game. I know I could easily dismantle HRE, but I had the achievement, and there was no need to.
85068A79390B8808D1AB7FF6BFD55EBED37F5BCF

P.S. Naples was in PU under my empire, didn't have a time to integrate them.

I just had quite the nice MP campaign so I felt like sharing it

D32A43137A2B6D28CE2CEECD92767B32B2B241EC

Highlights:
- The major players - Portugal, Castile, England (HOST), Burgundy, Austria (ME), Bavaria, Bohemia, Brandenburg, Sweden, Poland, Lithuania, Muscovy, GH, Ottomans, Venice and Hungary.
- Burgundy was going to be the next emperor but the game ended (sleep and stuff) before we could manage to do it
- Milan and Bavaria became electors. I was planning to become elector too (after Burgundy becomes the emperor) and then to make Burgundy an elector (after I become the emperor again). Poland joined the HRE, but we had to rehost, lost the player and Bohemia and Brandenburg started chewing on his vassals. Venice on the other hand refused to join the HRE and I took the rightful lands back ...
- My whole strategy was to build up strong allies in the HRE + Burgundy and to keep the French from expanding. He was so desperate to get ANY land that he attacked Aragon and pissed off his only ally the Castilian player. I didnt let him expand at all in the HRE (he wanted Savoy or Corsica). He was just ... bad ... at communicating with the players who would support him; for the whole game he was (and I quote) bullying the Castilian player to help him beat us without helping him whatsoever. (For example I tried to help all the players I was allied with with anything I could be it cash support or during war).

In the end he attacked Savoy I joined in and called the HRE players he called England, Castile and Ottomans. Ottomans white-peaced day1. The Castilian was so pissed off at him that he withdrew all his army to Portugal and didnt engage us at all. We were willing to give Picardie to the English player (double win - he gets off the war and the French doesn't get it). After that it was the central powers vs France. We won 2 battles: the AI attacked with 28k vs his 20 at liguria, I supported with 20k more. The french tried to move down his troops from Savoy to Liguria but engaged the Bavarian over mountains. I supported with another stack of 15k and after that we decided that the war is over* and we ended the game (sleep and stuff :D).

*He could've drag it over a bit more but sooner or later the Castilian player would've joined us so he can get the spanish lands.

TBH I find it amusing that he was playing the strongest power in the game but couldn't expand because of real-life-ish diplomacy :D

An update on my Italy game. Despite forgetting that France had local nobility, I managed to weather the 170% OE and finally succeeded in removing both Castile and France from Europe. Castile's capital is now Cape Town, while France's is in Alaska. Interestingly, French went revolutionary until I beat it in a war, after which it returned to normal.

The HRE are my vassals, and I can annex them at any time. Except for England, I control all the territory of the former Roman Empire. I am the Master of North and West Africa, and I have built the Suez Canal. I've PU-annexed Portugal, and so I have their colonial nations in Mexico and South America.

Any suggestions on what I should conquer in the next 55 years? I expected to use the Admin Efficiency think to kill France near the end, but I finished France way earlier than expected, so now I have a lot more potential conquering to do and few ideas for targets.

eu4_665.jpg

eu4_666.jpg

eu4_667.jpg

eu4_668.jpg

eu4_669.jpg

eu4_670.jpg

eu4_671.jpg

eu4_672.jpg

eu4_656.jpg

Well, that puts mine to shame ^^
I'd connect my colonial nations and Invade Britain.. but I guess breaking Russia is also an option

Well, that puts mine to shame ^^
I'd connect my colonial nations and Invade Britain.. but I guess breaking Russia is also an option

Honestly, I really don't want to do anything in the Americas, since it's so far away. Invading Britain is a good idea, so I can reconquer the rest of the Roman Empire, and see if I can conquer the entirety of the isles before the game ends.

On the other hand, expanding into Poland/Russia or Arabia also sound good. Maybe I can do them all? Maybe not though; even with cores only costing 2 or 5 per BT (depending on if I have a claim), I've already spent a lot of admin points, and my king/heir are 0 and 1 in admin, respectively...

I can confirm that reforming is not necessary for the Golden Horde to remain militarily competitive in the late game:
m62eYnY.jpg

This was my first game after getting the hang of the horde mechanics, they're pretty fun. Grabbing cores lets you surf the tech peak curve (units go horde -> Ottoman -> Eastern (Muscovy) -> Western (Denmark/Austria)). The western cores switch back and forth between cavalry and infantry but they generally provide at least "good enough" infantry to be competitive. Then it's just equipping your horde generals and swarming, with the horde shock bonus thrown in for fun. I had the Khan achievement and not much more territory in 1700, the rest of the game was more or less non stop war. Love those horde CBs.

Closer in on Europe:
HrFLQEV.jpg

Let's have a round of applause for Pomerania. I have no idea how that happened.

At some point in the mid-1700s I noticed that all of Europe wanted to be my friend. I allied with France and we engaged in some rotating curb stomps of the rest of Europe. I did get in one hairy situation where France jumped in against me as the defender of the faith, but fortunately everybody else hated them so they couldn't get military access. I killed the guys they shipped over and stalled out the war (separate peacing my actual target... love those CBs). They flipped into the coalition against me for about a year, then we were allies again and that was the last actually dangerous war.

And let's not forget our brethren in the new world:
J1FiUCy.jpg

Stupid portugese culture island and colonial nation rebel helplessness.

Final tech count:
Admin: 15
Diplomacy: 16
Military: 31 (poised to upgrade when 32 becomes available) -- kind of amusing to fight Denmark with Impulse Infantry when they're still on tech 27.

Ideas: completed Exploration, Offensive, Religious, and Administrative.

I know, it isn't an enthralling empire, but this was my second EU 4 play (first I practiced a little with Castille), so I'm proud of it. :happy:

The empire of Zsigmond III von Habsburg, hungarian king and holy roman emperor, in the tenth year of his reign, 1821:

1016D56ED03823B5F75DDC8AAE15F1068275BB96

PS: Oh, and I found a few small mistakes in the game's database (in the spelling of some hungarian names, in the numbering of the hungerian rulers, etc.). Where I should indicate these?

Last edited:
Wow, Thumbs up for that Hungary, however I am very disappointed at the two or three one province minors in side of your nation, the glory of your empire can't have spaces inside of it :p

Wow, Thumbs up for that Hungary, however I am very disappointed at the two or three one province minors in side of your nation, the glory of your empire can't have spaces inside of it :p

It isn't really that bad. DukeWilleo said, they are probably his electors. Makes sense..I don't mind the borders there itself, but Paradox should really bring back the overlord's name over the vassals in the map.

PS: Oh, and I found a few small mistakes in the game's database (in the spelling of some hungarian names, in the numbering of the hungerian rulers, etc.). Where I should indicate these?

Look around somewhere in the bug reports sub-forum. I think that's where you can put this as a suggestion or something in that direction.

Ahh that would make sense HHRE Hungarian Holy Roman Empire ;)