• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good job!

What size army, income etc do you have? Also you should clean up those last few provinces in europe, just to make it look nicer.

Income was a comfy ~300g/month, iirc. As you can see, I had a lot more ducats than I cared for. I had over 1M manpower and a standing army of 600k before engaging the rest of Europe in a war with my Swedish and Russian friends. The screenshot was taken right after the peace was settled, I ended up losing most of my army and some land to the ensuing rebellions. For some reason, the Revolution never occurred before 1821 :(.

As for these last surviving enclaves, yeah they're quite the eyesore. They were mostly results of my lack of knowledge about HRE vassalization - Trier had been a vassal for decades but just hated me too much since I annexed a bunch of other HRE states. Definitely could've been avoided.

So... Here is my Ethiopia. It's a really fun country to play in 1.8

C5CBF568F9DD43875BBECAD044CA127E7241FE51

F4C0B0A3102256EE94093B9602BAA649E3AD9CD1

37EF4581DAABF3D16906BD9330162518D4FEA410

I still have some time, but don't know what to do... I wanted to win against HRE and France just so I can say I'm the best :D and did it.. You can see their manpower still recovering, also Croatia, Guyenne, Province..

But now, I don't have any ideas... Any sugesstions? (I would like to finish since it was a nice game :) )

1XLme1e.jpg

ASinZYa.jpg
7HwbFLp.jpg
IgSpKkX.jpg

so AAR: on my first full game post-AoW. Really fun playing in the new india and china, i mean i could not go west as Timurids held strong with good allies the entire game. So decided to spread the the shia faith into the kuffar china and india. Ayatollah Khomeini would be proud.
Had the march Multan for almost the entire game and Berar was my shia bro for almost as long.
yeah and about that diplo and admin tech, those are always so overrated, i much rather culture convert my whole country than get a strong navy. Ok with admin you get new ideas but i had enough plus i needed the admin points to core

Really wanted to play a (relatively) non-blobbing game as a trading nation. After looking around at various NIs, it seemed to me that Venice was one of the best, if not the best trading nations in the game. On top of that I could get the Venetian Sea Achievement.

This is what I ended up with

oVb4mIH.png

Despite not owning a ton of provinces, I have a respectable trade income. Remarkable considering how many countries refuse to buy my goods.

BAImB6p.png

Sevilla was so rich I had to conquer provinces there and move my trade port.

kGJZTKZ.png

Ideas

UlaZuqv.png

End Screen

YCIgzut.png

I never knew there was a Ducat cap. I sat on 1000K ducats for the last 100 years lol.

So... Here is my Ethiopia. It's a really fun country to play in 1.8

I still have some time, but don't know what to do... I wanted to win against HRE and France just so I can say I'm the best :D and did it.. You can see their manpower still recovering, also Croatia, Guyenne, Province..

But now, I don't have any ideas... Any sugesstions? (I would like to finish since it was a nice game :) )

You should turn the tables on history and take Italy! Reverse Imperialism!

1XLme1e.jpg

ASinZYa.jpg
7HwbFLp.jpg
IgSpKkX.jpg

so AAR: on my first full game post-AoW. Really fun playing in the new india and china, i mean i could not go west as Timurids held strong with good allies the entire game. So decided to spread the the shia faith into the kuffar china and india. Ayatollah Khomeini would be proud.
Had the march Multan for almost the entire game and Berar was my shia bro for almost as long.
yeah and about that diplo and admin tech, those are always so overrated, i much rather culture convert my whole country than get a strong navy. Ok with admin you get new ideas but i had enough plus i needed the admin points to core

Nice, I will also be starting as an Indian nation. I guess this time a Hindu one like Gondwana.

Spain not iron man but just because I don't have an SSD yet I'm not using any mods or anything or go back when someone messes me over.

France is only my ally but Kilwa, Brasil, and Australia are mine.

98B0C6D4D254BE422FF0676DDCF14D3FB6B3A282

BFCD93959CC1C32F7EDB3C6BF6CA21E5AC08EA1A

Spain not iron man but just because I don't have an SSD yet I'm not using any mods or anything or go back when someone messes me over.

France is only my ally but Kilwa, Brasil, and Australia are mine.

98B0C6D4D254BE422FF0676DDCF14D3FB6B3A282

BFCD93959CC1C32F7EDB3C6BF6CA21E5AC08EA1A
why didn't you get any american colonies besides brazil?
And am I seeing things wrong or do you have plutocratic ideas? If so, how?

Hejaz! Love the colour, was confusing though when Greece was a neighbour.
Rome was supposed to be fully converted by the end of January 1821, close...

omGNsY8.jpg

Quite amusing to see Delhi always survived in wars against Timurids.

9GJOJ2q.jpg

why didn't you get any american colonies besides brazil?
And am I seeing things wrong or do you have plutocratic ideas? If so, how?

I let a revolt win and became a republic.

I was hard focusing on getting all the trade companies and it didn't give me settler time for america that I could see. I only ended with 11 merchants though and I wanted more.

I think if I had more time I'd of started warring my way up india.

Granada is the Emperor

After many start-overs I finally ran into a very lucky Granada game. Got to conquer spain in no-time as there was constantly war in Iberia and I could pick on the weak. Even Navarra and Galicia were quickly on the conquering after Castille was crushed by France and Aragon early on. As soon as I took catholic provinces I turned catholic (not really the point of the re-reconquista achievement, but it made things quite a bit easier for me). So in this game, not spain is the empeor but Granada is the Emperor (someone released styria and there were no big countries in the HRE, it was easy as stealing candy from a young princeling)!

2zi50si.jpg

Got massive AE penalty and coalition against me, so I will not continue this game I think. I did it for the achievement.

Last edited:
Norwegian Empire!

First time posting in an empire thread, i've been lurking since before Divine wind(?) Eu3 :rolleyes:

Aight, so heres my first run as Norway since AoW.

Started with allying Sweden(while in a PU under Denmark), wich instadeclared on denmark, earning norwegian and swedish independence within 5 years or so.

Started off with trying to get a great power ally, wich lead me to england, maybe i could cheese something off scotland..
2014-11-25_00001.jpg

Nvm....

I then started looking east, Novgord was beeing eaten by Muscovy, they were quite small after the war so i quickly struck and vassalized them.
Since i had no truce with Muscovy, and they were currently low on Manpower i Declared on them and fed the russian provinces to Novgorod

Meanwhile, Sweden declared on Denmark to get their cores, and dragged me in, I peaced out seperately to grab a few danish provinces, wich made the world look like this:
2014-11-26_00001.jpg
(england is doing drugs apparanetly...)

At this point Sweden started to hate my guts, and took the "protect Norway mission" to Vassalize me so i grabbed lithuania as an ally, since they were considerably strong at this point (and independent!)

Now lets jump further into time.. ( i dont have any screenshots from that period...)

Started colonizing Labrador and Greenland, and after having a few fights with sweden i finally managed to beat them up.
2014-11-26_00003.jpg

THEN, protestant wars started!

2014-11-26_00004.jpg

Wich dragged on for ages...
2014-11-26_00005.jpg

Ottomans what are you doing...
2014-11-26_00006.jpg

Now, lets jump further to the future:

Sweden has annoyed me for ages, but their allies are simply too strong at this point
2014-11-27_00003.jpg

(swallowed novgorod)
2014-11-27_00004.jpg

Sweden is Dead!
2014-11-28_00001.jpg

Jump again: (this is where i stopped expanding in europe)
2014-11-30_00001.jpg

Culture map: ( its a mess )
2014-11-30_00002.jpg

End screen:
2014-11-30_00003.jpg

Sorry for the massive post, but thought i'd throw it out there!

Yeah... my colony declared on them when they had 8k troops in GREENLAND (thats their capital) and no transports, they lost most of the coast of labrador... Leaving behind a shitty colonial nation for the left of the game
I was too preoccupied and scared of the massive british fleet compared to mine to dare attack them

The lonely Gothic province has expanded a tad. I wanted to wait until end game, but this is going way too well for me to contain myself from sharing.

Muscovy (can't form Russia because they're blocked by GB) has been my ally since 1445, and have backed me in every single war I've fought. GB is also my ally... so this will likely get sticky at some point.

lmeHCm7.jpg

Last edited:
That colour looks so damn good.You made me want to start a theodoro campaign myself now.Well done and good luck for the rest of your game!
Honestly, that purple is why I chose the nation in the first place.

I'll be sure to post my end game status - it will probably be worse than that screenshot, as Muscovy all of a sudden broke alliance and royal marriage because they have a -200, hostile opinion because they desire some provinces.

The lonely Gothic province has expanded a tad. I wanted to wait until end game, but this is going way too well for me to contain myself from sharing.

Muscovy (can't form Russia because they're blocked by GB) has been my ally since 1445, and have backed me in every single war I've fought. GB is also my ally... so this will likely get sticky at some point.

lmeHCm7.jpg

Religious map pls? I really want to see how much orthodox there is.