• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
From our multiplayer game. 15 Basetax starting limit

Players:

Europe

Riga - Clayproof
Wallachia - emperorconstantinus
Saxony - Fekke100

Frankfurt - cepragassen
Hesse - Revenantwraith
Trier - Stonedog85

The Knights - Marajhasombra
Naxos - Emperorpoef
Tyrone - ilphen
Serbia - Poltorgeist
Ragusa - FunkMissil
MVP
Bremen - Trikamatari

Utrecht - Nemizrr
Bosnia - Andjac_
Brunswick - Niikuzao

Asia

Makassar - Docteur
Mewar - Knight_of_meh
Nepal - Jack___Napier
Kham - Umbasa29
Siak - Lucky

Taungoo - The Law
Kutai - SkurkMedW
Lan Na - Akanon

Mong Yang - DDRJake
Mongolia - KarlJohan
Yamana - Tandem

Malwa - Ugge

Africa

Zazzau - damienreave
Air - Kanud
Warsangali - Hydronum
Djerid - AElicious

New World

Huron - Citrusfo
Tarascan - Blaz11
Cherokee - Mugge517

Cusco - SloAgeriaGloris​

Is Somalia a tag?

Is Somalia a tag?
nope, its an client state of warsangali, and italia (blue blob in italy) is a client state of frankfurt.

but heres my italy campain in singleplayer:
25sbipf.png

some more pictures of it:
http://imgur.com/a/4HElA
(i don't know why some pictures were uploaded multiple times)

stupid trade companies is a client state of mine so i can keep trade companies in india.

Well, I am from czech republic, so I played Bohemia after looong time (I actually played only EU2 a lot, EU4 only few times), I think it did turn out quite well :).

The biggest pro in this game : I managed to keep strong allies (commonwealth was a long-time ally whole game, in beggining I was ally with austria, in mid game, there was france-bohemia-commonwealth ally force).
The biggest con : I did not know few mechanics, I was not elected for emperor even once, I had a lot money, but I still forgot about mercenaries, so I was lacking manpower a lot (meanwhile I had to wait, I was in good politic and economic situation for attacking). I was not creating vassals, but I do not know, if it is hard/easy to annex them later...

Here is the picture from 1820, Bohemia consumed a big part of spain, portugese, france, sweden, austria, hungary and few other little countries :

2wnb7fm.jpg

So what you guys think?
(played on default difficulty)

Well, I am from czech republic, so I played Bohemia after looong time (I actually played only EU2 a lot, EU4 only few times), I think it did turn out quite well :).

The biggest pro in this game : I managed to keep strong allies (commonwealth was a long-time ally whole game, in beggining I was ally with austria, in mid game, there was france-bohemia-commonwealth ally force).
The biggest con : I did not know few mechanics, I was not elected for emperor even once, I had a lot money, but I still forgot about mercenaries, so I was lacking manpower a lot (meanwhile I had to wait, I was in good politic and economic situation for attacking). I was not creating vassals, but I do not know, if it is hard/easy to annex them later...

Here is the picture from 1820, Bohemia consumed a big part of spain, portugese, france, sweden, austria, hungary and few other little countries :

2wnb7fm.jpg

So what you guys think?
(played on default difficulty)

quite impressive for one of your first tries. You did about as much as i would in any of my games.

btw the create vassal button is at the bottom of your diplomacy screen ;)

I didn't want this to be an exile game, but was force to cede my capital to castille, and the game though brazil was a better place to live then southern morocco. Ah well.

The white guff in italy is a papal states gone wild. Vassals are marocco, tlemcen, and, for comedic effect, pisa, urbino and opm venice.

The most pathetic grayskin I've ever seen. Probably because is my long time ally Prussia and I stomped on austria now and then so prussia wouldn't have his priveleges revoked without a good fight. His blobbing he did all on his own though, he never called me into an offensive war. France's biggest mistake was allying me, I threw them under a bus to get castille out of my landfall war vs Portugal. He still love me after that, but never recovered.
Not related to me, Finland got the Swedish territories around 1580, but spend the next 200 years fighting rebels.

My final regret: I wanted to have Pisa, Siena and Modena as my own private, obscure, Italian mini-muslim-HRE, but I came too late to rescue Siena and Modena. RIP. Aren't they adorable though?

Prussia...again

Every so often I decide to play Prussia. Usually its with Teutonic Order and going eastward but I tried to focus more on the European mainland this time, starting as Brandenburg.

I know, there is no need to form Prussia as Brandeburg but I like the map colour and flag a lot better so I did trigger it after I already had all Prussian cores.

Spain is where it belongs, somewhere outside of the Andalusian and Catalonian lands :) Portugal's capital is now on the glorious island of Tidore in Asia. If I wanted to, I can get Great Britain to move too but I am getting bored now. My troops are somewhat overpowered :eek:o

yHKkaYp.jpg

France has been my ally from pretty much the start. I know, I am bad... but why the heck not :) I stopped them from blobbing more than they usually do in Europe and they helped me beat up Portugal and Spain on a regular basis. For that I fed them (SOME) overseas provinces that they or their CNs occupied in wars to keep them happy. And I usually have one diplomat fairly permanently stationed in Ile de France to keep the relationship as high as possible.

Our armies are about the same in size (450k troops).

I do own the cape and two Gold Coast provinces with the estuaries (taken from Spain in 2 wars).
My vassals are Scotland, Silesia, Hungary, Kiev, Poland, Georgia, Milan, Morocco, Hesse, Cologne, Navarra, Brabant, Syria and Polotsk

Scotland, Silesia, Hungary, Kiev, Milan, Polotsk, Syria and Morocco were all revived due to me taking one or two provinces in wars after they had disappeared. Georgia and Syria provinces were annexed during a recent war with Ottomans and released as vassals.

So as usual, I kept far too many vassals so I am desperately behind in diplo tech (western nations are at 29 / 30 whereas I am only at level 17. This of course hurts my boats as in combat they are quite useless but France helps me out as much as they can and interwarring between Portugal, Spain and England/GB meant they occasionally took care of each others navies.

Trade income is 155 ducats with only 2 merchants, more than enough to sustain my armies and navies and keep a +3 diplo advisor on hand to help with my poor management of diplo points (Merchants are stationed in Sevilla and Baltic Sea and I kept my main node Lübeck.

At one point there were no electors in the HRE and as Austria kept on demanding return of territories, I just quit the HRE alltogether. Suddenly there were 5 electors again including Bosnia. As Austria was allied to all of them, I decided once more to attack (one of the electors to avoid their allies Spain, Muscovy, Poland and Ottomans) to join and Bosnia unfortunately did not join in the fun. This was due to them being in a war with Ottomans right before i clicked the button to declare war (I forgot to check one more time). Luckily for me, Ottomans annexed Bosnia so now I occupied all the princes and was able to disband the HRE alltogether.

I managed to convert most of the provinces to Protestant so far and am at 120% tolerance without taking religious ideas.

.....I wonder if for once I should try to play a game where I force myself not to go over the diplo limit...

AtH0C5j.png

2nd highest income (434) after France (457). Ming is 3rd with 339

Last edited:
2015-01-17_00001.jpg

I devoted a lot of effort into grinding through the HRE. I probably could have worked more against the persians or up into Russia, but I wanted to bring islam to europe!

Every so often I decide to play Prussia. Usually its with Teutonic Order and going eastward but I tried to focus more on the European mainland this time, starting as Brandenburg.
Looking good. Here is my TO to Prussia, 1650. Just finished a war with Sweden and England to feed Denmark and Scotland. Also with France to get a Union over Serbia and get some lands for my HRE swarm in Italy. I decided to take exploration just for the hell of it and have one colony in SA and just started colonizing Manhattan.
2Cq0Z2Y.png

wzN391x.png

Looking good. Here is my TO to Prussia, 1650. Just finished a war with Sweden and England to feed Denmark and Scotland. Also with France to get a Union over Serbia and get some lands for my HRE swarm in Italy. I decided to take exploration just for the hell of it and have one colony in SA and just started colonizing Manhattan.
2Cq0Z2Y.png

wzN391x.png

That's the direction I usually take when playing TO. I liked warring in the HRE a bit better, it takes careful planning whereas in the east it is just 'go and stomp' :)

Just finished my Majapahit/Malaya game, kinda weird one, at least as far as Europe and it's surroundings go.

eu4m.jpg

eu4m1.jpg

eu4m2.jpg

eu4m3.jpg

I picked Surya quite a lot and once got a pretty cool even when my heir died. Something about long forgottent prophecy and a child born to the virgin which I immediately took, cause I found it both funny and cool, and the new heir that was born got great stats (6/6/5) although weak legitimacy. From then on my dynasty took the name Suryavansha or something like that. I managed to spread it to Bengal and Mysore too! Both countries were my allies, and also, there are were no muslim countries in India by the end of game. Pure Hindu. Managed to make Hindu the 2nd biggest religion as far as number of provinces goes!
Got 2 CS marches, Thailand and Nippon, and 3 CNs, Oceania, Mexico and Oregon. Also, Mutapa, Huai and Qi were my protectorates.

Anyone knows why Japan did not form despire Ouchi owning it all? I never played it so I am not familiar with the events there. Also, that orange-brown colored country above Chu is Qing. I had a pretty rushed early game where I attempted to seal off the west from setting foot east of Africa, which worked for the most part pretty well, just Spain got few provinces from Kilwa. I never fought any of the western powers on my soil, just Kongo or mostly Americas.

Syria was a surprise just as Sus. Syria first managed to conquer Hedjaz which owned all of the Arabian peninsula and later crushed Mamluks. Sus on the other hand managed to survive ( :D ) and even colonized a bit... got a CN Berber La Plata.

The Knights.... dunno what happened there, but I was shocked to see Ottomans wiped for good. Bosnia was later an ally with France, that is why it managed to grow so much. Never ever before saw Lucca, but it came close to forming Italy, if not for the powerful Venice. England had a rough game, got almost wiped out by Ireland, Scotland and France, but later recovered, formed GB and drove the BBB out of the isles. Scotland survived.... in Gabon and Cameroon :eek:o

On a side note, anyone knows how the army size is calculated? Cause I am pretty sure my army was much larger than BBB, at least as far as the forcelimits go by the end of the game. Not at full strength though, since it suffered losses during my multifront war against Spain and France + their colonies/allies at the end of the game.

My current British achievement run. Definitely the most I've ever accomplished in a game even though it's only 1545. Winning the HYW, and then getting a PU over Austria is huge. I've had almost no diplo points due to annexing France and other vassals, so I've not been able to get into the colonial game so far. Though when I annexed France, I got a colony in the Caribbean, which should be interesting. It's way outside of my coring range, so hopefully it cores when it finishes.

pj5scm5.jpg

Overview of Europe. I've not been paying other countries much mind since there's really nothing they can do to stop me at this point. A growing Muscovy is the only threat at this point, though the Teutons could be strong eventually.

uBajvBZ.jpg

Player mapmode better showing the extent of what I control. Iceland and Sus I grabbed to reach the New World and Africa more easily, though obviously I accidentally ended up in the new world anyway. I almost wish I had left France alive a little longer, but that could've turned out very bad. Papal State is also my vassal so I can feed his core in Tuscany back in due course.