• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
my Current Gelre > Netherlands game , used france as an ally early on to take the low lands of Austria (Inheritance from burgandy) , currently aiming to be a northern european power house and would eventually like to take down france (was ally from 1446-1582) , looking at the dutch ideas i thought i didnt need to colonize, and their position for colonizing isnt great so decided to just expand in the HRE

82C42B22497FD4A061D29B6696EDDB35836B9F6D

Intrestingly i never noticed that strong Yemen , then realised they lead a PU with the Ottos :eek:

edit : just had a war with france (called in by Russia, whom couldnt get access through Teutons/Sweden) we beat them ! yey , Russia forced France to pretty much release lots of Italian OPM , plus GB has 180 light ships patrolling western trade node

Last edited:
Germany, for Germans only? Why is Austria still alive then? :eek:

germany is all german... (as in, not going for non german land) there are some germans who haven't been saved yet. The austrians clung onto their precious "emperorship" way too long... they should have realized the inevitable. the austrians are traitor germans. allying many foreign powers and blobbing up, mass genoiciding the french and italians and displacing them with more austrians... for every province I take they take and convert two elsewhere. So I leave them to their devices. austrians are banned from being germans. have to wait for anschluss. much progress for 1820. if it wasn't ironman, I'd like to buy victoria 2 and convert this game...

my Current Gelre > Netherlands game , used france as an ally early on to take the low lands of Austria (Inheritance from burgandy) , currently aiming to be a northern european power house and would eventually like to take down france (was ally from 1446-1582) , looking at the dutch ideas i thought i didnt need to colonize, and their position for colonizing isnt great so decided to just expand in the HRE
How did the Teutons get that big?
Nice borders for the unfortunate Ottos and successful Yemen, too.

How did the Teutons get that big?
Nice borders for the unfortunate Ottos and successful Yemen, too.

Teutons and Hungry attacked Poland , after Poland just lost a war with Austria , Poland never got the PU over Lithuania and i guess (wasnt paying attention) that Teutons after winning the first war just kept DOW on them with Hungry

And so, after a scrambling rush to the new world, British Isles shenanigans, dozens of infuriating colonial wars and, eventually, even smooth sailing and relaxing map painting. Behold, the Icelandic Empire!
O1FiulK.png

VubuQ9v.jpg

LV1ksEZ.jpg

8uCOZMy.png

Or1NKhH.png

Sadly Spain in the end was left with a bit of Guyana, and Portugal with some Caribbean Islands. Also my Canadian CN aggravatingly decided they better protectorate and ally Huron so I couldn't snatch them. Hence the splotches on my otherwise blue-n-pretty Americas.

Lots of absolutely incredible stuff happened in this game. AI Novgorod Russia, Japanese Siberia, Rev. France(!), massive Crimea, successful Ming, Denmark-Lithuania PU-blob and HRE. Only thing out of the ordinary was lucky nations off. My Iceland was a modded independent Iceland with own culture and beefed up and reorganized Norwegian ideas.
Code:
ICE_ideas = {
	start = {
		light_ship_cost = -0.20
		infantry_power = 0.15
	}

bonus = {
		discipline = 0.1
	}

trigger = {
		tag = ICE
	}
	free = yes

ice_fishing = {
		production_efficiency = 0.15
	}
	ice_call_of_our_forefathers = {
		range = 0.33
		may_explore = yes
	}
	ice_pioneer_spirit = {
		colonists = 1
	}
	icelandic_seamanship = {
		naval_morale = 0.25
	}
	ice_shipbuilding = {
		global_ship_cost = -0.15
	}
	ice_seize_the_opportunity = {
 		global_trade_power = 0.15
	}
	icelandic_sagas = {
		prestige = 1
		technology_cost = -0.05
	}
}

We need a mod that makes saruhan spawn as a western nation with 50k troops a 6/6/6 monarch called saruman and he gets a free conquest CB on the world. Vienna gets remodeled into helm's deep.

F8EFD74EDE5904DBBEB33832F09440B37FCA7DB9

Gotta try that with Brittany but it's probably going to take almost the whole campaign with them.

I might turn to Netherlands. But I dont see the big fuss about the ideas ... +15% trade income (compared to 10 with Burgundy), +10% Infantry Combat (instead of +5% cavalry and +10% Discipline) ... the +50% Naval Forcelimit is nice but damn I hate naval combat.

Last edited:
Germany, for germans only. The empire is in a strange state. Germany could never get elected emperor, but at this point, the title would be a downgrade.Just finished a war with Austria, Russia, Castile, Aragon, Portugal, Britain, Poland, Hungary, Papal State, Ferrara, Naples, Netherlands, Sweden, Ukraine, Polotsk, France, Ottomans, Bulgaria... umm probably forgetting some pathetic state. that's why my manpower is low... but of course it was a total victory, granting me 100% warscore worth of provinces to finalize my borders and to save as many Germans as possible. This stubborn backwards state of "Austria" utilizes strange mechanics to resist a timely integration into Germany, but oh well. ;)

You should have dismantled "the empire" and put them out of their misery.

Burgundy's color and flag is so much better than Netherlands. I play countries solely for their flag and color.

Too late now ... too late ...

I do plan on changing my capital back to Bourgogne and culture shifting as soon as I bring my stability back to 1.

So the effect will be just Burgundy deciding to shift its focus toward naval instead of forming a dutch nation from a french power-house.

Remind me to culture shift everything the next time =/ Now I can go back to only Cosmopolitane.

============

And this is where I say FU ... I took 2 provinces from HRE and literally the whole of Europe jumped right at me and forced me to release France ...

Last edited:
Start as Wallachia unite all Romania nation :p

97A980C5D7B774C92EFB3FD50CD869F611036633
Really cool, but I'm sure you had a strong human ally. You can't conquer that fast as solo human Wallachia in 50 years. I'm guessing Castille? Well done, anyway! :)

Really cool, but I'm sure you had a strong human ally. You can't conquer that fast as solo human Wallachia in 50 years. I'm guessing Castille? Well done, anyway! :)

yep my friend play Castille but we not ally yet :p

my strategy is attack Serbia---Bosnia---ragusa in the beginning of the game and make it vassal
once time ottoman attack me in the first 10-20 year , i sure that i will lose so i offer ducat and choose poland to release moldvia :p then after war i declare war on moldvia.
ally with Poland and after that attack Hungary with help of Poland then release Croatia and get some part Hungary.
Then i got ally with Austria and i call to arm to fight Ottoman so i start to invade Ottoman :p .