• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Are you sure that's an AI Poland? It's huge! What's its force-limit like?
Poland was probably his ally and with a little push... He probably helped with several pushes, one against the Ottomans, one against the HRE/Austria, and the AI probably handled Russia and Hungary on its own. A semi-educated guess :)

Poland was probably his ally and with a little push... He probably helped with several pushes, one against the Ottomans, one against the HRE/Austria, and the AI probably handled Russia and Hungary on its own. A semi-educated guess :)

Poland did most of it on its own, actually. He was my ally for a short time, and I did feed him 3 or 4 provinces from Hungary, but later in the game he suddenly rivaled me despite never having direct borders. We never fought each other, and I never fought the Ottomans with him.

Austria was my ally for most of the game, but he kept getting decimated by France in every war, so he didn't really help me much until he got a personal union over Russia and nobody dared attack him anymore.

hre.gif

So what should I do now with this unholy moster? No aggressive expansion, no coalitions, etc. Paradox do you say game is fair? Huge monster pop's up in Europe and neighbors don't care. But if you take one province...

France is in PU.

eu4_6.png
I think I've been too friendly with Poland up to now... >_>
This Russian game is going quite well for me and I hope I can make it to 1820 and not get bored/fustrated.
And the Ottomans are a beast and very aggressive which is a nice change.

7UWlSJG.png

My first try as Brandenburg > Prussia. I just wanted to see why people praise Brandenburg so much, and also how easy or hard expansion within the HRE would be. Hmm.. Yeah, Brandenburg really is OP. And neh, the AE/Coalition thing isn't that terrible. (I hardly had major coalition issues in 1.2/1.3 days, so maybe that's a more of personal style than balancing issue.) Though it was alarming at first when Austria joined coalition with -11 AE (-200 otherwise). I like the way the name PREUSSEN completely overwrites Poland, Lithuania and Mazovia.

The Great Power thing made it a bit boring at this point. Dealing with the insane cobweb of alliances and occasionally botching into a world war was actually the mid-to late game fun to me, and it's just... claim, annex, core, wait, claim, annex, core, wait, claim, annex, core, wait, ad nauseum.

England is failing like three, four games in a row since 1.4, Aragon is in PU under France, Crimea expanded into Syria (not on screenshot), blocking the Ottoman expansion.

hre.gif

So what should I do now with this unholy moster? No aggressive expansion, no coalitions, etc. Paradox do you say game is fair? Huge monster pop's up in Europe and neighbors don't care. But if you take one province...

France is in PU.

Well you're arguably stronger BEFORE you pass the last reform and annex everyone. If anything your AE should go down and your neighbors be less intimidated of you.

Well you're arguably stronger BEFORE you pass the last reform and annex everyone. If anything your AE should go down and your neighbors be less intimidated of you.

I mean I have no AE from forming HRE blob. No AE from rushing reforms, etc.

I recall, in EUIII, when you revoke privilegia all your neighbors declare war on you...

I recall, in EUIII, when you revoke privilegia all your neighbors declare war on you...

That only happens within the HRE if the memberstates don't like you. Commonly, if you're a non-Austrian emperor and you try to do it, usually Austria DOW's you to prevent their annexation.

ka0wKiq.jpg

My best HRE, started as France.
Couple of highlights:
- did NOT get Burgundy the easy way... had to whittle them down bit by bit, waited for the Netherlands to form, then vassalized French Burgundy and fed them all their cores back
- ended up with the Spanish dynasty on my throne, waited for a disputed succession in Madrid, claimed throne and got Spain under a PU in the 1600s - Portugal had been completely assimilated by them at that point
- Austria got slaughtered, not sure how, but got a mission to vassalize them, which I did, then fed them all their cores back, mostly from Hungary
- became HRE in 1615 with ZERO reforms passed, it was quite a rush and interesting to form it in 150 years
- got lucky with a PU with Denmark in the 1700s
- Bohemia was the only country that did not join the HRE (u mad bro? Yeah u mad), but they had a lot of Polish cores, so I slowly dismantled Poland by releasing and feeding their provinces to Ukraine until I could vassalize Poland, then got them all their cores back from Ukraine and Bohemia - but I could not annex Bohemia until they were down to one province, which happened in 1819 - and I had to break truce two times to do it :p
- completely forgot about Greece... was trying to occupy all of Western+Eastern continental Europe, but sorry Greece, forgot about you... would have been easy too!

Attachments

• eu4_22.png
    eu4_22.png
    3,5 MB · Views: 74
Luck of the Irish achieved with Connacht through colonization. Surviving the first 50 years and moving my capital to Manhattan took 3 failed attempts. Sold my provinces in Ireland to a severely crippled Scotland who was my vassal. That way I no longer had border friction with England and could ally them for most of the game while I peacefully colonized North America. England converted to protestant and so did I. After about 200 years I finally felt confident enough to strike.

EDIT:
This is when I realized that my empire would be glorious:
PpLy2f4.jpg

Achievement unlocked:
clWJJcn.jpg

And the end result:
jxZvfNP.jpg

Last edited:
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/3317203415400432561/B1C955B724844653B2D7F64B5118E273ECFB5B10/
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/3317203415400434088/1E6E3A6616B5ADC5D92A6777FBD4A6A7833DF480/

First proper game in a while, my big goal was to control all of mainland iberia, which I managed round 1650, and thn I just went and took over some HRE lands, but decided to stop there since I had achieved all my goals, and at this point every war called in all of europe, and most of asia.
Castille currently is a few colonial states, and some colonies in africa, while portugal owns all of indonesia, some parts of africa I didn't conquer from them, and Ceuta. Aragon sadly moved its capital to the new world, which gave me a huge modifier on royal marriages, otherwise they'd be a vassal.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/3317203415400435351/E21849017F16AB37117A22AA16D8E444CED7F2D7/
(Andalusian Guyana also belongs to me, Granada managed to finish it before I dipo-annexed them.

The AI will always sorta randomly DOW everyone once in a blue moon, but more or less doesn't bother you if you have more troops count. Which if you formed the HRE you should have the most troops. One of the reforms flat out gave the Emperor yearly infamy... Revoke privilegia makes everyone that doesn't vote FOR you declare war on you.... If they have allies.... well you see how this gets messy. I always saved before that reform and reloaded if things were too messy. In EU4 it's fairly trivial to max out IA at 100 and check to make sure everyone is voting YES. If everyone supports revoke the privilegia you don't have any wars.

edit. A 1.4 Empire. Poland>Commonwealth>Prussia>HRE.

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc...76CC9CDD5B4C92F5A8BF811/1024x576.resizedimage

I have brittany specifically to get ships into the western Europe and Bordeaux nodes. I didn't colonize any but I get most of the trade anyway. As I was cranking out the trade ships I could see GB deleting ships. It was just sad. They currently get only about 18 ducats on trade.

Last edited:
My blobby blobby Ming:
2HxDZ5K.jpg

iCPh6ui.jpg