• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What was your diplo tech? :D

DDRjake could find a way. If anyone can it's him
He can use his own trick, the one he used for Foix. I guess it should work - destroy Ajuraan then beat up all the puny neighbors and profit from your gold mines and Asian trade.

Once he westernizes he should be able to dominate Africa, the Europeans arrive too late in the region and the Ottomans don't really have an interest that far South. He can even become their protectorate (or the Mamluks) for faster tech.

What was your diplo tech? :D

Um 26 or something? I cant remember (what was the three decker one?), it wasn't as high as others, as I obviously used a butt load of dip haha, but I was blessed with godly rulers (in dip at least) pretty much all game.

Dat English India.

And you didn't conquer France, you're doing it wrong. :)

Yeah no France, my opening move was to just give them everything they wanted on the continent, I wanted to distance myself from Continental affairs... For the majority of the game I roamed around with a single army of 26k haha. My wooden wall was put to great use throughout.

Was aiming for perfect looking/running places haha, I only took land to control entire trade nodes and make the borders look nice haha.

My best Ming game, took exploration first and ignored the Americas. colonised Cape around 1550s and Westernised around 1680s.

The HRE formed and had 1 million+ army, very luck game through out had a few very good leaders.

I allowed the revolutionaries to take over at round 1750s, turned the empire into a republic for role palying sake.

261993C595683E98F0D7EAFE03A5D07B2BA79EC7

0AEAC625346472CF7D3B28D7A52C0BEBEBE524B4

YESSS!!! Tooke me hours of playing!!! :D

There is a small OPM at the East African coast called Mogadishu, they start with subsaharan tech but have Muslim gfx and are a vassal of Ajuuraan. Do you think you could survive with it?

Yes. Build a few guys and declare independence ASAP. If Ajuraan is allied to Yemen/Kilwa you can often get away with it anyway as Adal will have Yemen rivaled and Kilwa can't reach due to being blocked by a rival. As long as you kill Ajuraan's stuff you can just leave 1 guy in their capitol and sit on Majerteen; Yemen doesn't have the cogs or tech 5 to easily do amphibious landings.

Of course, anyone can break free via 1 man scorched earth, but you want to grow ASAP here. It's not just about getting free, but ASAP westernization.

I'd rather be Mogadishu than Jangladesh probably. You actually have more base tax than your master technically :p.

My best Ming game, took exploration first and ignored the Americas. colonised Cape around 1550s and Westernised around 1680s.

The HRE formed and had 1 million+ army, very luck game through out had a few very good leaders.

I allowed the revolutionaries to take over at round 1750s, turned the empire into a republic for role palying sake.

261993C595683E98F0D7EAFE03A5D07B2BA79EC7

0AEAC625346472CF7D3B28D7A52C0BEBEBE524B4

YESSS!!! Tooke me hours of playing!!! :D

How is the HRE your vassal?!

Finished my initial plan of colonisation as Aceh -> Malaya:
105A8DD6AACEC543B36A0958576792FD8D3FD595

V0NWs8V.png

Out of the Pacific islands I only failed to get Tasmania and Easter Island (both taken by Castile). Madagascar is a recent afterthought. Plan is to finish off Indochina, then look at taking down Zhou and maybe Vijayanagar.
No allies or vassals. Zhou and Lan Xang are allies, and any attack on LX brings in Zhou's allies too (Champa, Manchu, Oirat Horde, Xi), as well as LX's two vassals Taungu and Shan. Progress is slow.

I wanted to see if the cheesy trick of moving to India with Grenada could be as much as fun with another muslim tech country.
It is.
I tried with the OPM arabic shiite Haasa, by rushing into Nepal and Kangra at the beginning of the game.

exlucz6.jpg

So far, Arabic ideas are better than Grenada's ideas in this situation. They help with trade, spawning cheap devastating cavalry my neighbours could'nt resist, and converting.
I used the conquer=>release as vassal trick a lot: with Tibet, Penjab and obviously Shun among others. Your vassals being muslim this way begin the conversion of their provinces and you can annex them years later, with almost all their provinces being muslim. And of course, as this part of the world is covered with dead/dormant nations, you can make them pop as a vassal and conquer back their cores progressively, avoiding the coring cost.
I currently have Persia as a vassal, and gigantic Chagatai as an ally.
The only real threat here are Ottomans, having almost the whole arabian peninsula, Turkey, and everything south of Poland and Austria (wich absorbed Hungary). Maybe the Qing-Zhou alliance can be dangerous (Zhou is not my vassal, they rebelled by themsleves and managed to be a powerhouse in the region).

Spain is slowly coming south and east of Africa. I'll take exploration soon enough to meet them in Philippines, in order to westernize.

Sometimes the greatest challenge is restraint. Behold my mighty empire!

Yes, that's right. It's 1708 and The Palatinate is 6 provinces strong. It's a part of my self-imposed rule of "No More than One Annexed Territory per Century." The diplomatic aspect of this style game is quite fun, as I have to make the best decisions for self-survival. To add to the struggle, I'm one of only three Reformed nations in Europe (Norway & Baden), so there is an inherent bad blood with the surrounding Catholic and Protestant nations. In the 16th & 17th century I did engage in conflicts to convert neighbors to the Reformed faith, but it was backfiring diplomatically--and most of those nations ended up being conquered themselves.

Still, staying small has its advantages: here's the trade value map of Europe. Worms, Heidelberg, and Wurzburg are rivaled only by Bruges and Paris for their trade value.

Still, war looms in the Holy Roman Empire--and I've got a territory to annex sometime this century!

Attachments

• yD3CweC.jpg
    yD3CweC.jpg
    163,7 KB · Views: 57
Ladies and Gentlemen. Today I'm here to make everyone of you who likes clean borders weep and brake down... Some days ago I found the CK II to EU IV converter cheap in a steam-sale. Playing a bit around with it I decided to convert one of my earliest successful games as Savoy->Burgundy->Latin Empire (fun fact: even a french Latin Emperor ist called a Basileus after Conversion). Coming from an early CK II version, in which Nations where not that stable, some of the effects are... not pretty, really not pretty...

Lets have a look.

First the Baltic. Not that bad. Mostly survivors from the Golden Horde, which is stable and gigantic. Notable are the independent Teutonic Knights, even in the right place (not my doing).
869ye3tv.png

Scandinavia is fairly ok too. Brunswick in Finland is the main oddity, but keep Tröndelag in mind.
3naw7tcr.png

The British Isles. Very clean. Jerusalem as the outcome from a crusade and some inheritances.
2vd697vx.png

France and Iberia. The Latin Empire is my doing and yes, the borders aren't that pretty, this is my fault. And no, the purple bits aren't Byzantium but Greece. Who was Castile. Who won a crusade for Greece in the Middle Eastern Madness (see below) and changed his main title to Greece.
5quomapl.png

Now, the Holy Roman OMYGOD! What too say? Messy. Very messy. Remember I said to keep Tröndelag in mind? They are the Emperor under a Salian. Electors are Norway, the Teutonic Knights, Bavaria, Bohemia, Ferrara, Tuscany and Brabant.
h58aga63.jpg

And the real kicker: The Middle East. It is actualy a LOT cleaner than the CK II Version with tons of OPMs. That's the outcome of: Fatimids invading Byzantium and nearly destroying it (the Crown went to a Rurikid in Russia, who proceeded to build a magnificent Russian Byzantine Tzarist Empire, before getting destroyed by the Golden Horde), the Ill-Khan grabbing most of Armenia, than the Fatimids descending into civil war (that lasted somehow for several decades), the Ill-Khan descending into civil war, everyone and there mother swooping in and picking up bits and peaces (that way I was able to form the Latin Empire and that's the reason why you see me, England, Bohemia and UPER LORRAINE (the small one over Athens) there. Throw in several Crusades and Dschihads and you have the Middle Eastern Madness.
z8drj7bo.png

Now... I wonder if someone would really want to lead this playground of madness through the EU IV periode.

Last edited: