• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Any plans for Viet Nam?

Any plans for Viet Nam?

Vietnam get custom event pictures as part of the Mon Khmer group but not much else. Me and 2power planned an event to bring white elephants from EU4 as an artefact. This lets you bankrupt vassals you think can't economically sustain a "white elephant".
TSt1GaN.jpg

adding on to this, just a little FYI for those who don't quite get what the hubbub is about white elephants:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_elephant_gift_exchange - this has become a party game!
"The term white elephant refers to an extravagant but ineffectual gift that cannot be easily disposed of, based on the legend of the King of Siam giving rare albino elephants to courtiers who had displeased him, so that they might be ruined by the animals' upkeep costs."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_elephant

it's a synonym for a massive money pit that screws your finances but you can't ditch. something ingame vanilla CK2 probably should've had some time ago.

Vietnam get custom event pictures as part of the Mon Khmer group but not much else. Me and 2power planned an event to bring white elephants from EU4 as an artefact. This lets you bankrupt vassals you think can't economically sustain a "white elephant".
TSt1GaN.jpg
These are great but I would prefer avoiding 'artified' pictures because they stand out a bit.

These are great but I would prefer avoiding 'artified' pictures because they stand out a bit.

yeah I'm thinking of adding them as an optional module because they'll always be one person not liking them. CK2 itself has art that stands out a bit and I hate it so I see what you mean
AvnQgoB.jpg

Is this compatible with CK2Plus? Does it have Jade Dragon content integrated?

1. No, and we have no plans to make it compatible with another major mod at this point (and it is a rather large amount of work to merge big mods, so I suspect we won't do it in an official fashion at any point).

2. It will have a bunch of JD stuff (not all, for various reasons, but most) incorporated in the next public version (ETA: TBD). JD will, however, not be required to play the mod, even if you will need it to play as any Taoist character or to use the JD stuff (or our versions of the JD stuff, in the places where we have reworked things).

Even if you can't merge all of CK2 Plus, I highly recommend implementing their faction system and other anti-blob mechanics so it wouldn't be a massive Chinese blob.

Even if you can't merge all of CK2 Plus, I highly recommend implementing their faction system and other anti-blob mechanics so it wouldn't be a massive Chinese blob.

There's a bunch of issues with that, though:

- We cannot use their stuff without their permission. Granted, we could always ask if we can use stuff, but at the very least we will want to do our stuff first so that we know what we actually want to use (if anything), and it isn't certain that the CK2Plus stuff is a good fit for Tianxia.

- Not everyone wants blobbing to be difficult/blobs to be unstable. I generally am in the camp of "Blobbing should be possible (but not necessarily easy), but keeping your blob together should be a challenge (but not necessarily impossible)", but I'm not going to try to force my playstyle onto others that use Tianxia, and I suspect there are people who want to conquer a bunch of stuff without more difficulty than you face in vanilla that will want to use Tianxia because there is more land to conquer (and more characters to conquer as).

- The goal of Tianxia isn't to overhaul vanilla stuff beyond what is necessary to make things make sense with the Far East on the map, and only applying CK2Plus' anti-blob stuff to the Far East (in whole or in part) would possibly create balance issues.

That said, we intend to try to prevent China from going on a conquest spree (at least most of the time), at the very least, even if we probably won't get to that for a while as compatibility has priority and there are other things that could factor into Chinese expansionism (the Mandate of Heaven (which might make a blobby China hard to keep together), whether China can adopt an isolationist position (which might stop blobbing for a while), whether JD/HL is installed (as that gives us the option to do things with tributaries), etc.). However, with China being Taoist you already lose holy wars, and if you turn off JD's County Conquest and other advanced CBs they are left with relatively little compared to e.g. Catholics.

I have to say this. Seeing people asking "Is this mod compatible with X?" causes me indescribable anger. I don't know why.

Hi folks that maybe be interesting for you, Since the Qin dynasty the descandents of Confuze got some special title and gifts by the state. Even today they have a special position in Taiwan. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_Yansheng here something for you.

interesting. that could make for 4 bloodline traits for the Four Sages. descendant of Confucius/Mencius/Zengzi/Yan Hui.

I'm sorry if an answer to this idea was posted a few pages back, I tried looking and didn't see anything. Is there a plan to try and simulate a "Mandate of Heaven" type system when you hold the empire of China title? Perhaps reutilizing the Iqta government's decadence mechanic?

I'm sorry if an answer to this idea was posted a few pages back, I tried looking and didn't see anything. Is there a plan to try and simulate a "Mandate of Heaven" type system when you hold the empire of China title? Perhaps reutilizing the Iqta government's decadence mechanic?

We'll (almost certainly) implement the Mandate of Heaven in some fashion (at some point). Decadence is, however, not something I'd personally prefer to use as any changes to the relevant defines also will affect Muslims and the system is rather unwieldy in several ways when you try to do things with it that it wasn't intended to be used for.

I can report that I've managed to run a 55+ year observer game without any CTDs, so stability does not appear to be a problem at the moment. Here's the state of the Far East.
ck2_77.png

There are things that still aren't working as we want them to, though, so just because stability is fine it doesn't mean we're about to release a new version of the mod.

The Silk Road is also not a tangled mess any longer (though still slightly WIP).
ck2_78.png

Last edited: