• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
10th March 1943 - 22nd March 1943

My Marines are loaded into my landing fleet, and they are on their way to do landings near Washington. I wanted to do it around New York first, but decided against it. I want to keep my landing nearer the front line, because I want to do more encircling of US divisions.
0394.png

Nebraska City is being attacked (again). I attack Saint Joseph from Kansas City to help out the defense of Nebraska City. I immidiate win the battle of Saint Joseph.
0395.png

Just finished researching "1942 Mountain Infantry Division". Next up is doing nuclear research so I can field (early) atomic bombs.
0396.png

I help out with another milita division to clear out the partisans in Shreveport. I have to say these milita divisions really struggle 1on1 against partisans. I am going to get the MP brigade on all of my militia, and their job will be to suppress the resistance in the provinces.
0397.png

Got attacked in Ashville, so had to retreat.
0398.png

I am trying an attack on Fort William, but it is heavily defended.
0399.png

I quickly stop the attack. I don't want to do battles I am not winning clearly, as I will lose a lot of organization on it.
0400.png

Victory in the attack on Saint Joseph.
0401.png

To help out my divisions in Fargo that are under attack, I attack the US attackers in Minneapolis with 2 MTN divisions from Grand Forks.
0402.png

Springfield is under attack. So I attack Saint Louis to help out.
0403.png

Just captured Saint Joseph, and the immediately attack Saint Charles to help out my divisions in Springfield.
0404.png

Success in defending Springfield. I stop the attack on Saint Charles.
0405.png

I am being attacked in Chattanooga. I do the same again, and attack the US attackers from other provinces.
0406.png

I then decide to instead of attack Knoxville with 4 MOT, I reinforce Chattanooga directly as they arrive there in 2 days.
0407.png

I am doing amphibious assault on Baltimore since the province is undefended (and right next to Washington).
0408.png

Victory in defending Chattanooga after 4 MOT divisions arrived there as reinforcements. I also stop the attacks on Knoxville and Nashville, as they were only to help out Chattanooga.
0409.png

I have landed in Baltimore. Finally! I am half a year delayed, but I feel like the timing was really good anyways. I am really close to my other troops now, and I will hopefully break havoc on the US frontline when I do landing behind it.

I am moving all 5 corps (10 divisions). The attack on Washington has "support attack" from 2 divisions in Baltimore that later will move north.
0410.png

I use a transport fleet to pick up 4 INF (w brigades) in Korea, so I can bring them first to Japan, then to USA.
0411.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
Looks like it has been awhile since last post. Hope this continues!
I am going to continue it right now actually. I am going to post rest of what I have played, and then continue. I have not played Darkest Hour in long time now, guess I needed a little break.

22th March 1943 - 24th March 1943

Big naval battle against US fleet. I have my transport fleet also there (without any troops), so I get a stacking penalty.
0412.png

US intelligence. 37 INF divisions and focusing production on infantery divisions, I need to keep destoying them to win this war.
0413.png

Success in the big naval battle. I lost a Battleship (I should maybe not built them) and a transport, and sunk two US CVs!
0414.png

Fargo is under attack, but there are two CAV divisions moving there as reinforcements.
0415.png

Victory in defending Fargo. I also decline a peace offer from Panama.
0416.png

Lost Grand Forks. But I am also attacking with 4 divisions from Winnipeg to take Grand Forks back.
0417.png

Resistance when attacking Washington. I get two more MAR divisions to the attack from another province.
0418.png

Enemy (US) submarines outside mainland Japan.
0419.png

No ships lost in the engagement.
0420.png

Being attack in Saint Joseph.
0421.png

Attacking Des Moines.
0422.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
25th March 1943 - 29th March 1943

Attacking out of Baltimore from my naval landing. Almost taken Washington.
0423.png

Being attacked in Columbia. Looking like losing the battle.
0424.png

Reinforcing Nashville with 4 MOT divisions.
0425.png

Retreating from Columbia to Greenville.
0426.png

Won the battle of Washington. Their capital is soon mine!
0427.png

Won the battle of Arlington.
0428.png

11 IC in Philadelphia.
0429.png

Getting attacked in Greenville, Nashville and Saint Joseph.
0430.png

Doing a port strike in Norfolk.
0431.png

Their fleet there is attacking. 5 CV's is quite some force.
0432.png

Battle progress. Two US CVs sunk.
0433.png

Won the naval battle outside Norfolk. I sunk some US ships; 2 CVs, 1 CVE and 2 DDs.
0434.png

I am going to retreat a bit in the South-East, to this line behind the river.
0435.png

Support attacking Richmond.
0436.png

US intelligence report. They have 41 infantery divisions, but focus is towards navy, which I am glad for.
0437.png

USA and Japan has same IC at 338.
0438.png

Stopped attacking Des Moines.
0439.png

I held Nashville.
0440.png

Stopped attacking Clarksburg, and instead got the 2 MAR divisions to help out attack Altoona.
0441.png

Victory attacking Richmond, also attacking Newark.
0442.png

Retreating under dangerous conditions, had it not been for my MOT divisions which are fast.
0443.png

Land Doctrine "Infiltration in Depth" is finished researching. Gives a lot of bonuses to night fighting.

0444.png

Now there is no more Land Doctrine to research in the "Light Infantery" tree for quite some time. I think it was around 1943 "Light Infantery" doctrine is the best.
0445.png

Researching better carriers. I need to build more of them, and I will probably lose some also.
0446.png

Germany annexed Egypt. They truly have full control over Europe.
0447.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
29th March 1943 - 5th April 1943

My main CV fleet encountered some US ships, on their way to Norfolk to strike the port there again. 1 US CL and 1 US DD sunk.
0448.png

Victory in Altoona. There is also a US enemy division in Harrisburg.
0449.png

I attack the US division in Harrisburg instead of capture Newark, I defeat the US division quite fast.
0450.png

I countinue to attack Newark instead of Harrisburg. I am meeting a lot resistance in Richmond, but they are only Milita divisions.
0451.png

Being attacked by a US ARM division in Augusta, this can be dangerous as I am reatreating several other divisions there.
0452.png

I reinforce Augusta with 4 MOT divisions.
0453.png

Bombing the naval base in Norfolk.
0454.png

Success! Sunk 1 US CV, 1 US CA, 1 US CL and 1 US DD.
0455.png

The defense of Saint Joseph. They attack in numbers.
0456.png

Victory in defending Augusta.
0457.png

Getting +10 infastructure added to 4 provinces because of the National Decision in National Infrastructure I took 90 days earlier. I did it mainly to get the +2,5% TC bonus, but free infrastrcture is free infrastrcture. Infrastrcture in this game is only good for movement and fighting, so not so valuable in the end if it is not near a front or pathway to one.
0458.png

Attacking Des Moines where I totally outnumber the enemy 14 to 3, and Saint Charles which I attack more to relieve Saint Joseph.
0459.png

Attacking Harrisburg.
0460.png

Nashville is under attack. I send MOT divisions from Atalanta to reinforce.
0461.png

Being attacked in Grand Forks, but there is reinforcement coming. I am also attacking Fort William.
0462.png

Naval Battle outside Norfolk with my main fleet. Only 2 US CVs left in it, one of them really low health.
0463.png

Victory in Norfolk, but no US CVs sunk.
0464.png

Overview of front and onging battles.
0465.png

Quite good org regain on these Mountain divisions. They are in mountain terrain. I don't remember what affected organization regain, but morale (which you get from doctrines, Light Infantery has good one) is an important factor. And I guess supply effiency, and there are some bonuses for terr
ain based on what type of unit.
0466.png

Two more ARM divisions ready to deploy.
0467.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
That landing in the East should be the death-knell of the USA.

I hope you have a fortunate and wholesome New Year.

That landing in the East should be the death-knell of the USA.

I hope you have a fortunate and wholesome New Year.
I think the 10 divisions in the landing is to small to actually do anything. It all depends on how fast the other forces advance. But I will see into doing more naval landings. Not super confident to win, advancing takes time.

Thanks. I hope you have a good New Year you too.

6th April 1943 - 21st April 1943

Attacking Fort William, and being attacked at Grand Forks.
0468.png

Victory in Fort William. Also Grand Forks is looking like they will hold off the enemy.
0469.png

Transporting some troops to the east side of USA.
0470.png

Looks quite good now on the map. Not so much more land to take. But I hope to be able to encircle and destroy some US divisions. I am still worried if their division count will rise to 60+ divisions.
0471.png

I have to retreat the two CAV divisions that just arrived in Saint Charles as they got counter-attacked.
0472.png

USA now have 49 infantery divisions and 2 ARM divisions. And focusing production towards infantery divisions. Not good, although some of the infantery divisions are Milita.
0473.png

"1942 Cavalry Division" finished researching. "Turbojet Engine" next up.
0474.png

Being attacked at Nashville, but I have reinforcements coming.
0475.png

I have kind of advanced as much as I could with the 10 MAR divisions I landed with on the East Coast of USA.
0476.png

Being attack at Memphis. I set two ARM divisions to reinforce from Saint Louis.
0477.png

Still under attack in Grand Forks, and I am also losing Des Moines. I am attacking Sioux Falls and Cedar Rapids. The latter only to try help out Des Moines.
0478.png

Attacking Minnapolis to try help out Grand Forks, since they are losing the defense.
0479.png

Retreating from Des Moines, and stopping the attack on Cedar Rapids.
0480.png

New ships ready for deployment.
0481.png

Just finished researching some Air Doctrine technology, and continue with researching "Combat-Borardment Groups Doctrine".
0482.png

Adding some ship attachments into production.
0483.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
21st April 1943 - 22nd April 1943

Back again. I am reatreating on territorities I have taken in the naval landing on East Coast as there are enemy divisions pushing and my line is thin. Some of my MAR divisions are have low organization, and by objective has to be to connect in the south to my other forces.
0484.png

Transporting reinforcements (MIL and GAR) to USA through Guam where I am going to pick up 4 INF divisions on the way.
0485.png

Carrier Strike on port in Norfolk.
0486.png

Support attacking Minnapolis from Grand Forks.
0487.png

Current production.
0488.png

I am adding into production more infantery and some motorised, because I am afraid of USA getting more troops. I put 8 parallell infantery into production, and 4 of them I will produce in series of 2, and the rest only 1 serie. I also put into prodcution 2 series of motorised infantery.
0489.png

I put the CVs and the infantery that is only in single series last in production. Because I don't want to lose gearing bonus if my IC goes low.
0491.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
22nd April 1943 - 4th May 1943

Victory in the attack on Minnapolis.
0492.png

Being attacked at Saint Charles. There is reinforcements coming in 17 hours.
0493.png

Carrier strike on port in Norfolk.
0494.png

Retreating from Newark as I am losing. My whole northern front in the landing is collapsing.
0495.png

Success in the carrier strike on Norfolk. 2 US CVs, 1 CVE, 1 CA and some DDs and TPs sunk. Great success.
0496.png

Moving 6 divisions from Nebraska City to Saint Joseph.
0497.png

Retreating the 2 MAR in Altona to Baltimore. I just need to reatreat south.
0498.png

Attacking Belleville to help out the defence of Saint Charles.
0499.png

Defeat in Saint Charles. The divisions there reatreat to Springfield.
0500.png

Victory in defending Grand Forks.
0501.png

Defeat in Philidelphia. I have safe reatreat back to Baltimore as there are 2 MAR there defending the province.
0502.png

Attacking some partisans in Prince George.
0503.png

Transporting 4 INF, 2 MIL and 4 GAR divisions to Miami. They come as fresh troops from mainland Japan.
0504.png

4 more MIL w/MP and 4 MP-brigades ready for deployment.
0505.png

New technology researched; "First Air Radar Application". Next up is "Infantery Equipment - Desert".
0506.png

And I also had a Air Doctrine technology finish researching. I here go for Carrier doctrine with "Ring Defence". To keep my CVs good is important, I really don't want to lose any of them.
0507.png

Attacking Saint Charles again.
0508.png

I attack Duluth to try help out the defence of Grand Forks.
0509.png

Victory in both the attack on Duluth and in the defence of Grand Forks.
0510.png

Victory in the attack on Saint Charles.
0511.png

There is more resistance in Duluth. I help out the attack there with the 4 MTN divisions i Have in Grand Forks.
0512.png

Carrier strike on Pearl Harbour. No ships (badly) damaged or sunk, just lost 0,96 level in naval base.
0513.png

Baltimore is under attack. Not good. Dangerous with the Motorised infantery as they move so fast, and can take out provinces my (slower) divisions are reatreating to.
0514.png

Attack on Duluth is going good.
0515.png

Victory in the attack on Duluth.
0516.png

Soon crush the partisan division in Prince George.
0517.png

The Marines that reatreated to Baltimore are safe from annihilation, but still under attack from US divisions.
0518.png

I am moving two MAR divisions to Arlington to help out if the Marines in Baltimore have to reatreat.
0519.png

Victory in the defence of Baltimore.
0520.png

Partisans try to attack Memphis, with no luck ofcourse.
0521.png

US intelligence report.
0522.png

US current IC is at 294 (compared to my 344).
0523.png

US Diplomacy screen.
0524.png

Overview of the North East of USA.
0525.png

Belleville is under attack.
0526.png

Took out the one partisan division.
0527.png

Being attacked in Baltimore. Also attacking Louisville.
0528.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
4th May 1943 - 30th May 1943

Doing a carrier strike on the naval base in Norfolk.
0529.png

I have to retreat from Baltimore to Arlington. I am just happy I soon have some MAR coming to help defend Arlington while my troops retreat there.
0530.png

Defeat in defending Saint Charles.
0531.png

Attacking Rochester.
0532.png

Carrier strike on naval port underway.
0533.png

Sunk three US transport ships, and destroyed 1,17 levels of naval base.
0534.png

I am moving the 8 MAR divisions in Arlington to Richmond. Time to get the fuck out of here with some transport ships.
0535.png

I am shortening some series to free up some IC as I use more than I can afford on production.
0536.png

Strategic Redeploying a MIL division to Cheyenne to get it close to the partisan division in Bozeman.
0537.png

I am also moving a MTN division I have in Ja** to Great Falls to close into the partisan division in Bozeman.
0538.png

I attack Decatur.
0539.png

Getting a transport fleet to pick up my marines in Richmond.
0540.png

Attacking Saint Paul to help out the defence of Duluth.
0541.png

Retreating from Arlington as I came under attack under movement.
0542.png

Getting attacked at Richmond. Not good!
0543.png

Attacking Saint Paul.
0544.png

I succeded to defend Richmond as the 8 MAR from Arlington reached there. Can't wait for the transport fleet to arrive.
0545.png

My marines are safe onboard the ship! That did not go as planned. But, I managed to destroy some industrical production by taking over some IC rich provinces from USA.
0546.png

Transporting the marines down to Savannah.
0547.png

Attacking Sault Sainte Marie.
0548.png

Doing another Carrier Strike on the naval base in Norfolk.
0549.png

Success in sinking 2 US DDs and 5 US TPs.
0550.png

I will let the marines rest in Savannah to get their organization up. Daily regain on +0.58. Hopefully they will do some future naval landings.
0551.png

The units that first arrive in Decatur got counter-attacked, and my units there lost the battle, so they retreat back to Belleville.
0552.png

Victory in the defence of Belleville.
0553.png

Transporting 2 ARM, 4 INF and 4 MIL to Savannah. They are fresh into the US.
0554.png

4 new GAR divisions ready to deploy.
0555.png

The 4 INF, 2 MIL and 4 GAR I was going to transport to Miami I instead transport to Savannah.
0556.png

2 new INF divisions ready to deploy.
0557.png

Being attacked at Belleville again.
0558.png

Attacking Cedar Rapids.
0559.png

Attacking Knoxville.
0560.png

Victory in the attack on Knoxville. That went fast.
0561.png

Defeat in the defence of Belleville.
0562.png

I got reinforcements to Savannah. I am rebasing the transport fleet back to Nagoya on the main-island Japan.
0563.png

The attacks on Asheville and Cedar Rapids are both going good.
0564.png

Attacking Cochrane in Canada.
0565.png

The landing on the east coast of USA at least took out some IC.
0566.png

Attacking Superior which is going really good.
0567.png

Won the attack on Superios, and things are not looking to bad. Only land battle going on is the attack on Belleville.
0568.png

Attacking Eau Claire and Peoria to help out the defence of Cedar Rapids.
0569.png

Being attacked at Belleville.
0570.png

My 6 divisions in Cedar Rapids have to retreat back to Des Moines.
0571.png

Overview of southern front.
0572.png

Current situation in the USA. I am progressing, slowly.
0573.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
30th May 1943 - 12th June 1943

Being attacked at Knoxville. Reinforcements not before in 3 days.
0574.png

Victory in the attack on Eau Claire. Also Victory in the defence of Cedar Rapids.
0575.png

Being attacked at Belleville (again). I am also being counter-attacked in Knoxville.
0576.png

My two divisions in Knoxville have to retreat.
0577.png

Attacking Decatur and Evansville to help out the defence of Belleville.
0578.png

Being counter-attacked at Eau Claire.
0579.png

Defeat in the defence of Belleville. Also partisans revolting in Tupelo, but I have some troops close by, so not a problem.
0580.png

Defeat in the defense of Eau Claire.
0581.png

Being attacked in Asheville.
0582.png

Got more troops to Savannah. I am also rebasing transport fleet back to main-island Japan.
0583.png

Attacking Green Bay and Milwaukee to help out the defense of Eau Claire.
0584.png

Victory in the defense of Eau Claire.
0585.png

Attacking Roanoke to help out the defense of Asheville.
0586.png

Attacking Green Bay and Milawaukee again to help out the defense of Eau Claire. I am not showing every battle here that being said.
0587.png

Adding more divisions into the attack on Milwaukee.
0588.png

Attacking Belleville and Lexington to help out the defense of Louisville.
0589.png

US intelligence report. They currently have 45 INF, 1 ARM, 2 CVs, 3 BBs, 20 bombers and 8 fighters. Focusing their production towards infantery divisions.
0590.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
12th June 1943 - 24th June 1943

Victory in the defence of Louisville.
0591.png

Victory in the defence of Asheville.
0592.png

Victory in the attack on Milwaukee. I have the possibility to trap some US divisions in Marquette and Green Bay.
0593.png

Destroyed a partisan division.
0594.png

I need to retreat from Knoxville.
0595.png

I need to retreat from Peoira, as Ithe two MTN divisions that arrived there got counter-attacked.
0596.png

Being attacked at Saint Charles, so I launch an attack on Belleville to help out.
0597.png

I stop attacking Peoira.
0598.png

Attacking Cochrane in Canada.
0599.png

Victory in the defence of Saint Charles, so I stop the attack on Belleville.
0600.png

The two first MTN divisions arriving in Milwaukee have to retreat again as they are being counter-attacked.
0601.png

Attacking Green Bay.
0602.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
26th June 1943 - 3rd July 1943

The first divisions arriving in Milwaukee got counter-attacked and defeated.
0603.png

Victory in the defence of Saint Charles.
0604.png

Victory in the attack on Green Bay. Looks like I will be able to destroy 6 enemy divisions.
0605.png

Attacking Peoria. 4 more divisions also arrived in Milwaukee.
0606.png

Stopped the attack on Peoria.
0607.png

Attacking Belleville to help out the defence of Saint Charles.
0608.png

Victory in defending Saint Charles. Also stopping the attack on Belleville.
0609.png

Attacking Knoxville to help the defending Louisville which is under attack.
0610.png

Victory in the defence of Louisville.
0611.png

Success in the attack on Knoxville.
0612.png

Small naval engangement outside Norfolk. I win, and no ships sunk.
0613.png

Attacking Belleville again to help out the defence of Louisville.
0614.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
3rd July 1943 - 6th July 1943

I have trapped 7 US divisions in Marquette.
0615.png

Carrier strike on US port in Norfolk.
0616.png

Stopped attacking Belleville as I won in the defence of Louisville. I am lso being attacked at Saint Charles, but does not look to dangerous.
0617.png

Victory in the defence of Saint Charles.
0618.png

The trapped divisions in Marquette are trying to escape, but they have no chance.
0619.png

Stopped attacking Marquette. Need more divisions ready for the attack as all 7 US divisions are in defensive positions.
0620.png

US intelligence report. 62 infantery divisions (at least several are MOT and MIL) and 2 armoured divisions. 3 Carriers and 3 Battleships. Hope their numbers don't grow to much.
0621.png

More units that are going to be transported to USA, via Balboa because of distance (can't rebase right into East Coast USA even though Balboa also is out of reach for normal missions).
0622.png

Being counter-attacked in Milwaukee, but does not look so dangerous.
0623.png

Victory in the defense of Milwaukee.
0624.png

Attacking the 7 US divisions in Marquette with 16 divisions.
0625.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
7th July 1943 - 8th July 1943

I am being attacked by Venezuela (they are red on the map), from the sea.
0626.png

I send my main fleet to intercept the landing.
0627.png

I am also moving the a MIL division to help out the defending.
0628.png

The first two MAR divisions who arrive in Knoxville got counter-attacked and had to retreat.
0629.png

Victory in the defence on Saint Charles.
0630.png

4 more MIL division ready for deployment.
0631.png

"Basic Electronic Computers" finished researching. Researching "Deep Vehicle Repair Organization" next.
0632.png

I have not used any intelligence yet. But trying out a smear campaign against USA.
0633.png

I destroyed 7 US divisions in Marquette! USA also now have "only" 273 IC, while I have 352. Looking quite good, but still a lot of fighting to be done.
0634.png

US intelligence report. Down to 53 infantery divisions now.
0635.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
8th July 1943 - 18th July 1943

Being attacked at Louisville, so attacking Belleville to help out.
0636.png

Transporting 3 MIL divisions to Panama.
0637.png

Victory in the defense of Louisville, also stoppping the attack on Belleville.
0638.png

Had forgot to annex Panama, so I do that.
0639.png

Overview of East Canada. Advancing.
0640.png

My main fleet crush the landing fleet of Venezuela, destroying all 3 divisions onboard.
0641.png

Victory in defending Saint Charles. They really attack it over and over again, and my units all over the frontline are quite low org.
0642.png

Canadian divisions are attacking me in Miwaukee.
0643.png

Being attacked in Knoxville. But soon getting more reinforcements there.
0644.png

Getting attacked by lots of US Motorised divisions in Saint Charles.
0645.png

Attacking Belleville again to help out the defence of Saint Charles.
0646.png

Overview of north-central US and Canada..
0647.png

Attacking Lexington to help out the defence of Louisville.
0648.png

Victory in defending Louisville, so I stop attacking Lexington also.
0649.png

Calagary is revolting. I send neaby divisions there to take out the partisans Militia division.
0650.png

US is doing a port strike on Pearl Harbour with 1 CV.
0651.png

Only managed to make 0.30 levels in Naval Base damage and not doing major damage to any of the ships.
0652.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
21st July 1943 - 27th July 1943

Being attacked at Asheville, so I am attacking Roanoke and Greenville to help out.
0653.png

USA did some espionage mission against me, and succeded in stealing a blueprint for "Basic Electronic Computers". I wonder if they did so after I did my mission, because I can't remember them doing so much mission against me.
0654.png

Helping out the attack on Roanoke with units that succeded in defending Asheville. The attack on Greenville is going good. And I also send up my main fleet to check out landing spots on the East Coast for my Marines. Hopefully Norfolk is not to heavily defended.
0655.png

Attacking Peoria and Belleville to help out the defense of Saint Charles.
0656.png

Only one Milita division defending Norfolk, so I send my 10 Marine divisions there to do an Amphibious Assault.
0657.png

Victory in defending Louisville.
0658.png

Victory in the attack on Peoria. Also going attacked at Saint Charles again.
0659.png

Stopping the attack on Belleville as I am not winning it. Saint Charles is also no more under attack.
0660.png

Naval landing attack on Norfolk has started.
0661.png

Victory in the attack on Greenville. The naval landing on Norfolk is also going good.
0662.png

Battle of Norfolk progress. Not US divisions in close by either (or it could be in Danville).
0663.png

Victory in the naval landing on Norfolk.
0664.png

Attacking Belleville, this time with help from divisions in Saint Charles.
0665.png

Being attacked at Louisville.
0666.png

I retreat from Louisville before I lose the battle. My Marines has also successfully landed in Norfolk.
0667.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: