• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Let's hope Aleksandr is fit to the challenges of his reign - enemies on all sides, the loss of his brother and whatever comes from the very deeps of Hel. A nice reading as usual!

And in the east, the Mongols are coming... unless you disabled them?
And you have a Zoroastrian Persia with a Theology as Leadership! Ok, now I know what I want to play in your EU IV mod...
Actually, I believe it is a Manichean theocracy, judging by the fact that the Yamag is the head of Manichaeism.

Hey everyone, just posting a quick update to let you all know that due to technical issues, the next update will be delayed until I can get my computer fixed around ~July 11. I can still use it, but I can't run processor-intensive games like CK2 on any speed beyond 1 or 2.

Otherwise, the Yamag is indeed Manichean (which is quite a bit more complex than 'Neo-Zorostarian', but not an entirely inaccurate label) and as for Aleksandr - well, you'll just have to see when the update arrives, won't you?

No worries.

As with all good things, there must also be bad, it seems.

During data transfer, my save files for this AAR were somehow corrupted, making them completely unusable. I'm not going to stop the AAR, but I'm... also not entirely sure what to do about this. For all intents and purposes, I have zero information whatsoever. I might have to reconstruct the world through the console, which is going to take an obscene amount of effort to the sound of manually adding in every single province, important dynasty, and cultural changes. It's not completely unreasonable, but doing that would be hours of tedious, repetitive work going between the console, the province map, and the save file. Unfortunately, that might be the only option.

I also lost a few months of work on my professional projects, which I'm even less happy about. File transfers from older computers can really, really suck.

Wow! I am so sorry to hear that :/

If there is anything the community can do to help let us know!
Not unless you hacked my computer and made a backup of my CK2 file, hah. I'll have the AAR back, I'll just have to mess around with... everything.

Sounds like an opportunity to take this AAr into a different direction. You've already introduced a deity in a previous update, so why not have the current emperor piss off another deity or some similar divine event and then have this cause a time rift ala elder scrolls to a parallel world. That way you can give your fylkirs a new goal: to rebuild the world as it was according to the prophecies of Aleksandr

Gak. Very sorry to hear all of that, especially the professional stuff.

Sometime it is possible to recover lost or corrupted files, I've heard similar story ending up well a few time.

Otherwise, it may just be easier to play around with the history files to recreate the world more or less as it was before the crash. A lot of little details are going to be lost, but the big thing can be redone.
It's going to be tedious too I guess, but probably easier then playing around with the console.

Mind uploading one of your files? No promises, but I'm fairly used to looking at Paradox format stuff. Unless they're ironman. Then I have no clue.

Sounds like an opportunity to take this AAr into a different direction. You've already introduced a deity in a previous update, so why not have the current emperor piss off another deity or some similar divine event and then have this cause a time rift ala elder scrolls to a parallel world. That way you can give your fylkirs a new goal: to rebuild the world as it was according to the prophecies of Aleksandr

Remember, not all updates are written from the same perspective! If a passage seems unusually passionate about a certain event or has an unusual point of view, it might help to consider who's actually telling you what's being said... and how they know it. Especially if they're talking about magic or deities. This isn't really an alternative universe insofar as things like the laws of physics go.

Gak. Very sorry to hear all of that, especially the professional stuff.
Mind uploading one of your files? No promises, but I'm fairly used to looking at Paradox format stuff. Unless they're ironman. Then I have no clue.
Sometime it is possible to recover lost or corrupted files, I've heard similar story ending up well a few time.

Otherwise, it may just be easier to play around with the history files to recreate the world more or less as it was before the crash. A lot of little details are going to be lost, but the big thing can be redone.
It's going to be tedious too I guess, but probably easier then playing around with the console.

I'm just going to work on restoring the world in a general state as it was. It shouldn't be too difficult, honestly. I'll post an update when I've restored the world to its proper order.

See? Only a minor setback.

20180715001534_1.jpg

Ignore the dynasty names, I still haven't edited characters yet. The political map is done for the moment, and fully redoing everything has given me some time to reconsider and redraw contemporary borders. Burgundy's relationship with France and the Union has been redefined, France has taken a larger chunk of Imperial territory after Harald's war, the League, Byzantium and Bulgaria's borders have been totally redrawn to better balance the Balkans, Egypt's relationship with Ethiopia and Nubia is now in tributaries (as is Spain's to Mali), the Persian resistance has been redefined, Byzantium has lost a chunk of middle eastern territory to the years, and there's a new threat looming in the far east.

These changes are intended and don't represent an alternative universe or anything. With the exception of Italy's severe political crisis, which I'll cover in the next update, borders have just been slightly redrawn and made prettier, or political relationships better represented. I have to tidy up the edges, fix the cultural and religious mapmodes, and code in the leaders for major European and Middle Eastern states (as well as the Union's major vassals), but there should be an update in production in the next few days.

EDIT: Russia also got its frontier clipped, since it doesn't really have significant control over the nomad-infested steppes.

Last edited: