• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Since the most recent update I haven't been able to make a playable CK3 mod. I am able to complete the conversion but I cannot actually load a new game in CK3 as it will just load indefinitely. I have an Invictus save, if that's relevant.

Wait longer, up to 10 mins. I doubt it will load indefinitely.
Turns out you were correct, so I will have more patience in the future.

Though I will say that the converter no longer seems to be compatible with Fallen Eagle or When the World Stopped Making Sense. I never tested the second mod but Fallen Eagle used to work. Obviously I can't expect you guys to account for that but for now that's the only way to simulate the rise of Islam I think, though I might be wrong.

Turns out you were correct, so I will have more patience in the future.

Though I will say that the converter no longer seems to be compatible with Fallen Eagle or When the World Stopped Making Sense. I never tested the second mod but Fallen Eagle used to work. Obviously I can't expect you guys to account for that but for now that's the only way to simulate the rise of Islam I think, though I might be wrong.
It never officially supported these mods, just happened to be compatible enough. I plan to work towards better compatibility sometime next year.
@TinWiz is working on porting of rise of Islam mechanic from TFE into the converter, but we have encountered a problem and I can't say when or if it this project will succeed.

So keep getting this error when trying to convert, the D: drive does not exist on my PC, may have at one point as far I remember Imperator would not have been installed within it

Attachments

• log.txt
    2,5 KB · Views: 0
So keep getting this error when trying to convert, the D: drive does not exist on my PC, may have at one point as far I remember Imperator would not have been installed within it
It looks like the conversion is failing instantly. Usually it's caused by an antivirus blocking the converter backend executable.

It looks like the conversion is failing instantly. Usually it's caused by an antivirus blocking the converter backend executable.
So I tried disabling my AV, it's ESET SMART Premium, still fails immediately when active protection and firewall protection is disabled, I'm running on Windows 11 if that makes a difference

It seems to think Imperator and CK3 are installed in an entirely different location than they are. They are installed within the E: drive not the D: drive
The warnings are unrelated (probably some leftover junk in Windows registry), they can't be causing the instant fail.
Some things you could try:
  • run ConverterFrontend.exe as administrator
  • run ImperatorToCK3/ImperatorToCK3Converter.exe and let me know what happens (also upload ImperatorToCK3/log.txt when you do that)
  • add the aforementioned executables to ESET exceptions if that's possible or completely disable ESET

Last edited:
The warnings are unrelated (probably some leftover junk in Windows registry), they can't be causing the instant fail.
Some things you could try:
  • run ConverterFrontend.exe as administrator
  • run ImperatorToCK3/ImperatorToCK3Converter.exe and let me know what happens (also upload ImperatorToCK3/log.txt when you do that)
  • add the aforementioned executables to ESET exceptions if that's possible or completely disable ESET
Running and admin doesn't change anything, the ImperatorToCK3Converter.exe flashes up a window for less than a second then nothing, no log file is generated, Added the entire folder as an exception, again, nothing

Did more troubleshooting, checked the Regedit for the install location of both games, both are correct, took a different save (cloud save this time) and redownloaded the converter and moved it to a different location. Still getting the same error. Still thinks Imperator and CK3 should be in D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps despite it not existing

Failed to create CoreCLR, HRESULT: 0x80004005 is what I'm getting
So I do think it's the antivirus. Someone had the same problem:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/imperator-to-ck3-release-thread.1415172/post-28427650
And it was caused by the antivirus:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/imperator-to-ck3-release-thread.1415172/post-28428739

It's probably ESET (I never had such a problem with the built-in Windows Defender or whatever it's called nowadays). You might need to completely disable it.