• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The next big war was when i tried to puppet Japan, China wanted in so it was a good harvest of provinces and subjects from a weak opponent

Again naval invasions to open more fronts against China and thin their big stack

I found out that a good way to advance safely is to mix some generals set on defend front with 1 general with 100 troops 30%+ offence set on attack. That one general will attack but sometimes with more than 100 troops, borrowing some troops from the other generals. Battles in CHina often involved 200+ troops on each side.

2022_11_18_8.jpg

Impressive :D

• 1Like
Reactions:
Impressive :D

long time no see :D

you are generous, i already saw some better ways to play and im sure others found even better ones

but i'm not gonna start a 3rd game, already have 150 hours in 2 games (120 hours on the first game i dropped)

so this one it is

long time no see :D

you are generous, i already saw some better ways to play and im sure others found even better ones

but i'm not gonna start a 3rd game, already have 150 hours in 2 games (120 hours on the first game i dropped)

so this one it is
I did discover in my current Germany AAR that going in default in the current build does not matter. Check it out if you like, I didn’t start with the aim to conquer a lot, but I changed pace in the late 1800s. https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...f-victoria-3-has-he-learned-anything.1554909/

I did discover in my current Germany AAR that going in default in the current build does not matter. Check it out if you like, I didn’t start with the aim to conquer a lot, but I changed pace in the late 1800s. https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...f-victoria-3-has-he-learned-anything.1554909/

my eyes bleed from seeing so much red, red shortages, red budget bar :)

i try to avoid things that make it too weird

- no teleporting generals unless game teleports mine back home
- staying too much in the red
- leaving AI blocked in never ending wars against (almost) locked countries so they aren't able to start diplomatic plays
- minimal load/save (i sometimes replay bugged stuff like for example Opium Wars)
- also i did a test run for "science" to see what happens if i try to pass Proportional Taxation with Landed Gentry radicalized, it ends up in a revolution haha

basically stuff that should work ok if the game would have been releases in a decent state

personally i feel the game should end if you go bankrupt haha. no second chances or continuation

Last edited:
The big gamble has started. Leader of the Gentry died , their trying to pass a bad law disabanded so they went to -3

Now i can try to pass the best law in the Game with them going to -8, its 2 points away from -10 so it' safe

All Industrialists bonuses will be gone too but it's worth it. That's +1.1M in taxes (im at tax level 5), i could run a lot more construction with that and employ the 90M peasants there are (this is what makes Landed Folks and Gentry to be still relevant and cause troubles).

21.4% chance is ok, probably will take some 2 years to pass it unless i have bad luck.

According to the research i did passing the law doesn't work with load/save 1 month before timer. The outcome i think it's set when you click Enacting and running 6 months now just to see result it's not worth 30 minutes of my time.

2022_11_20_3.jpg

Last edited:
I made Mexico a dominion some time ago, hoping they would take care of Central America (it says they want to expand in their country traits) but years have passed and they did nothing yet

Generally AI is very passive except Austria that is puppeting like crazy too (they puppeted Spain :D among many other things)

They have some 600 battalions and i guess that allows them to be scary. Waiting for them to go at war with someone else that is big and i'm gonna profit hopefully. Right now i don't have such a big offence advantage to fight in Europe mainland however my defence is top with Trench Works and Defence in depth researched.