France 1936 AAR (1.1.0 , Ironman, Veteran, Historical AI, no battleplans AKA 50%+ bonus to AI)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

EvcRo

Colonel
10 Badges
Jan 23, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
I played France a few times in multiplayer and it's a fun country to play so i want to see how it goes in single player.

House rules:

- Ironman (i want some of those achievements)
- Veteran difficulty
- No battleplans, let the AI have those planning bonuses
- Historical AI
- no factions, no riding coat tails of UK/USA, all wars fought alone when possible.
- will go communist to be able to fabricate war goals and get rid of government penalties faster

Usually in multiplayer you get attacked by early 1938 so you don't have to much time and the national focuses are kinda scripted. But here i expect a 1939 Germany attack (if the communist France doesn't become a bad boy fast :D ).

April 1938 : Fascist Spain
November 1939 : Italian D-Day starts
January 1940 : Italy has capitulated

---

Last edited:
Disjointed government + veteran = Negative PP while doing national focuses. At least this makes 1st 5 national focuses pretty much scripted, Government reform, revise Versailles, support the left, Left rhetoric and National mobilization, by December 1936 i should go on +0.5 PP per day while doing national focuses.

ljZbpXW.jpg

Did some test runs for 1st year but this is the first time i don't get the free Early Mobilization war law but instead i get this ... with negative PP it seems France will be on very bad economic laws for a long time...

All the runs for 1936 shows i can get communist government by Dec 1936 without need for this free 10% communist boost, free Early Mobilization is much better phew.

qrnz4MU.jpg

Great work. I love France. So many possibilities (especially given their national focus tree). Fight Germany with the Little Entente. Fight Germany with Britain. Join the Axis! Fight Germany with Britain as a communist country. Fight Germany as a communist country without Britain! It's all so fun. Definitely my favorite "major power" to play as (not to mention France's historical condition makes going Left or Right not feel so abnormal).

Nice conquest of the Iberia. I guess you just achieved what Louis XIV desperately wanted! :cool:

Great work. I love France. So many possibilities (especially given their national focus tree). Fight Germany with the Little Entente. Fight Germany with Britain. Join the Axis! Fight Germany with Britain as a communist country. Fight Germany as a communist country without Britain! It's all so fun. Definitely my favorite "major power" to play as (not to mention France's historical condition makes going Left or Right not feel so abnormal).

Nice conquest of the Iberia. I guess you just achieved what Louis XIV desperately wanted! :cool:

Thanks
indeed France has a lot of options and possible paths, very fun country :)

Rule of thumb is: grab as much as you can asap. So definetly go for POR before they join factions. Perhaps you should have prepared against them earlier and duoble DoW ESP and POR.

Did you get all the African territory as well?

i don't have the Portugal war goal prepared , mainly because my political power is very bad, in 2 years i barely managed to scrap 150 pp for war economy and 40 pp for Spain goal.

Preparing for one region claim cost 25 PP. Just leave out the NF for a while ich you want to change law/advisor. You alredy got rid of Goverment-malus?

yes i got rid of the malus after 11 months but even without malus i'm at+0.5 pp / day
i started a claim on Portugal but UK was fast to guarantee their independence :) so i'm gonna wait for Germany to declare war on me