• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

EvcRo

Colonel
10 Badges
Jan 23, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
Hello,

Jump to the restart because you cant paint the map if you invite Italy or Japan to axis.
October 07, 1936 : Austria Annexed
May 05,1937 : Czechs Annexed
June 30, 1938 : War against Poland
November-December 1938 : War against Belgium and France
February 1939 : Netherlands and Hungary
March 1939 : Romania annexed
April 1939 : Bulgaria capitulation
May 1939 : United Kingdom has capitulated
May 1939 : Turkey annexed
July 1939 : Spain has capitulated
July 1939 : Norway has capitulated
August 1939 : Yugoslavia annexed
August 1939 : Switzerland
September 1939 : Iraq
September 1939 : Portugal
September 1939 : Sweden
October 1939 : Italy war start
November 1939 : Saudi Arabia, Lithuania
November 1939 : Italy Annexed
November 1939 : Latvia
February 1940 : Finland
May 30, 1940 : War against USSR starts
June 25, 1940 : Moscow
July 31, 1940 : USSR Annexed
August 1940 : South Africa (and whole Africa) done
August 1940 : Afghanistan
September 1940 : Ireland
September 1940 : Mongolia
October 1940 : British Raj
November 1940 : Iran
November 1940 : Tibet and New York

Or you can read the first game also, till 1939.

i like to do AAR's mainly to remember from one day to another what i want to do.

First 30 minutes of HOI4 were to look around and now i'm gonna start a new game with the intention to finish it. 1st HOI4 game for me.

I think i will build only infantry at beginning to avoid needing to use civilian factories for trade, i need them to build other civilian factories at start. I will upgrade tanks and airplanes later.

National Focus : Rhineland (for 120 pp , fast 1st government employee) and the leftmost tree branch with free civilian factories. The rest will come as i play more.

Research : i need to check what bonuses i will get so i wont research something that will later will have some 50% bonus. Industrial stuff seems to fit in and some infantry/AT research.

something like this

TxSG2Zw.jpg

any advice is also appreciated :D

Last edited:
subbed btw if you do not make your navy strong briatain will knock out Italy at sea and land I propose a strong navy including surface and undersea ships

subbed btw if you do not make your navy strong briatain will knock out Italy at sea and land I propose a strong navy including surface and undersea ships

this is very far away in time planning :)

I progressed till the end of 1938, occupied Poland in 2 minutes on max speed, was kinda anti-climatic. Anyway Poland is easy in all ww2 games, working as intended as some would say.

First national focus was Rheinland and got first gov member fast, picked the one with civilian factory +% speed, in the beginning i'm building some civ factories.

qVNVyut.jpg

I'm currently thinking about building military factories. They are way cheaper, therefore the buildup might end quicker. Problem is since you go to war and can't ensure suppression and air superiority, you can have 200+ civilian factories without them doing something else than repairs...

My thought is about doing buildup of infantry/art/equip + training & LL to nat. ESP before Anschluss and Tschech.
Then switch to massproduction of planes/mot/Panzer III like crazy for everything pre Danzig. During this phase I will try to trade especially trade for rubber, oil and chrome.
Once europe is controlled I will go "all in" for Panzer IV/INT/CAS and garison troops while trading the hell outa Russia, rubber is going to be rare anyway from here on. Maybe using a lot of synth's, I'll see. Suppression and air superiority is the most crucial part here.
Barbarossa was easy in my last game: Because Norway was unbeatable and Italy got 80% of France (I only got territory from Belgium to Paris/Dunkirk, Vichy-Event popped up in 44... wtf?) while the AI went flying circus (~30 landings from FoF to Barbarossa, nonstop from UK/NED/BEL/GRE/CAN/US) it took me to 42 till hammer fell on SOV. I nearly drove unhindered towards Leningrad and Rostov a Don till they came back with their troops from China/Japanese front. From there on it was cake anyway. Although I drove through half mongolia till they gave up (again, wtf?). Japan got more territory than me, and even Iran catched a lot (again wtf, tf!).

There is so much room for me to adapt and optimize. First playthrough was, well I can't say it here...

Attachments

• SOV_No_Surrender.png
    SOV_No_Surrender.png
    3,2 MB · Views: 372
  • SOV_Peaceconference_Japan.png
    SOV_Peaceconference_Japan.png
    3 MB · Views: 358
I'm currently thinking about building military factories. They are way cheaper, therefore the buildup might end quicker. Problem is since you go to war and can't ensure suppression and air superiority, you can have 200+ civilian factories without them doing something else than repairs...

My thought is about doing buildup of infantry/art/equip + training & LL to nat. ESP before Anschluss and Tschech.
Then switch to massproduction of planes/mot/Panzer III like crazy for everything pre Danzig. During this phase I will try to trade especially trade for rubber, oil and chrome.
Once europe is controlled I will go "all in" for Panzer IV/INT/CAS and garison troops while trading the hell outa Russia, rubber is going to be rare anyway from here on. Maybe using a lot of synth's, I'll see. Suppression and air superiority is the most crucial part here.
Barbarossa was easy in my last game: Because Norway was unbeatable and Italy got 80% of France (I only got territory from Belgium to Paris/Dunkirk, Vichy-Event popped up in 44... wtf?) while the AI went flying circus (~30 landings from FoF to Barbarossa, nonstop from UK/NED/BEL/GRE/CAN/US) it took me to 42 till hammer fell on SOV. I nearly drove unhindered towards Leningrad and Rostov a Don till they came back with their troops from China/Japanese front. From there on it was cake anyway. Although I drove through half mongolia till they gave up (again, wtf?). Japan got more territory than me, and even Iran catched a lot (again wtf, tf!).

There is so much room for me to adapt and optimize. First playthrough was, well I can't say it here...

i also started to with inf divisions, mostly because industry is small at start and also need divisions for Austria annex.

buildup it's pretty important i think , now i'm at air battle with France and UK , had 1500 fighters , lost 1100 but killed all their 1600 fighters + 700 bombers. Barely winning, i don't know how to go better than this ratio. Would be juicy to kill less of their planes and get them as spoils of war later.

Also noticed pre war fighters are decent, i have 900 Bf's and 600 pre war fighters (got many polish ones) , France and UK are 80% pre war fighters but they have 1800-2000 fighters , there was a big air battle and the results for not very bad for France and UK. i lost almost all my fighters. so buildup is crucial i think. will see later, there is no restart at this point, to much time invested already.

Got the 3rd advisior

iYqJNcg.jpg

I'll be interested to see how your game develops given that we both seem to be doing AARs for our first game (Germany) with the same settings, but are adopting somewhat different strategies! Good luck!

I'll be interested to see how your game develops given that we both seem to be doing AARs for our first game (Germany) with the same settings, but are adopting somewhat different strategies! Good luck!

Good luck to you to! Watching https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...vens-germany-aar-1936-first-hoi4-game.943703/ :)

I noticed my factory productivity is 30% , without the veteran penalty would be 55% , that's half production if i understand correctly. as time goes and techs improves productivity the veteran penalty will start to diluate though. imo should be a fixed amount penalty to all production after all modifiers, like 50% penalty.

the small penalty to political power doesn't seems to matter much though.

in HOI3 very hard difficulty had a -50% (if i remember ok) penalty to battle modifiers (beside economic penalty)! that was a really very hard setting. this one (veteran here) doesn't seems to big, you get a -50% penalty on production at start but it will diluate probably to something like 20% after you get industry tech.

anyway

after Austria i will focus on Czechs while building up the army. Tanks, arty and fighters are badly needed. As usual, german navy gets all penalties to missing resources and is building convoys in few docks :)

redesigned light panzer division to get 20 width

bGfwuxK.jpg

Next months i'm getting Slovenia and Poland claims.

Looking back i don't know if it's worth wasting years to get all this national focuses , same thing could be accomplished with spending some political power and more careful timed planning?

And instead focus on all industry/research bonus focuses ? that 5th research slot is basically +20 research , more juicy than using time for claims and events. maybe in a future game will test.

zQvwuJk.jpg