First flavor pack hint from Instagram?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronus865

Second Lieutenant
77 Badges
Jun 8, 2016
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Surviving Mars
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • War of the Roses
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
1610724265359.png

• 3Like
Reactions:
Would much prefer a Events content as a priority.
I'm sure there will be some new Events as well. Never saw a DLC without Events

Reactions:
Also, in one of their tweets it seems that Anglo-Saxons are using the Northern unit models (instead of the current Western European), I assume it's in the next update. It could mean that they're indeed changing some things about Anglosaxons' graphics, at least in the base game.

If this hypotetical Anglosaxon cosmetic/flavour pack would include unit models, I really hope they don't look too Early (as in CK2 Saxon Unit Pack). About the lack of mail body armour and metal helms... Osprey's "Viking Warrior vs Anglo Saxon Warrior" seems to disagree (unless we're talking exclusively about ingame low-tier unit models) .
1610726067796.png

I'm not very excited about that. I would actually prefer something related to Eastern Slavs (currently using the same clothing set as the Norse, which is... weird).

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
  • 3Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
That information isn't accurate - I don't know about kite shields (which are indeed stereotypically Norman) but the Anglo-Saxons certainly had mail armour and metal helms, although it's fair to say they were not used as universally as on the continent. There are plenty of reports of riveted chainmail being used, and there are five or six metal helms in various museums.

I wouldn't mind a flavor pack focusing on that area. As long as it isn't "just" cosmetic and has something meaty to it. Obviously I think we are all waiting for the first BIG expansion but hey, I won't complain to get something for the road there.

Hopefully it'll cost fifteen bucks and come with an unwanted feature that breaks your game in the free update that rolls out alongside it!

• 2Haha
  • 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
What we need is another Reapers Due or Way of Life.
Beef up the role play and allow us to have events which add more to the characters and the world. Make it look pretty in 2 years time!

Just to be pedantic as well Iron armour and helms certainly were not something introduced by William the Conqueror. A lance is also used from horseback a spear however is what you were looking for. ( a loss in translation is understandable)
Sutton Hoo burial perhaps Raedwald the most iconic Iron helmet of the time period 6th century. Just URRGH at bad research.

I know its a tweet to gather up interest but for a company making a historical product getting things wrong is not an option.

Last edited:
Reactions:
What we need is another Reapers Due or Way of Life.
Beef up the role play and allow us to have events which add more to the characters and the world. Make it look pretty in 2 years time!

More stuff to mindlessly click through while core game features are either completely bare or not working? No thanks. Events are partially responsible for the current massive imbalances, bugs, and general issues -- let's not add any more yet.

Reactions:
More stuff to mindlessly click through while core game features are either completely bare or not working? No thanks. Events are partially responsible for the current massive imbalances, bugs, and general issues -- let's not add any more yet.
What would you like to see, @durbal? :)

Reactions:
For a flavor pack specifically? I guess Balkan and Caucasian portraits and units so they don't look like Byzantines. Portraits and units for Turks so they don't look like Mongols.
Thanks for the response, but I was more thinking of what you want in terms of fixes for the "core game features are either completely bare or not working" and "the current massive imbalances, bugs, and general issues" that you mentioned. :)

• 2Like
Reactions:
Would much prefer a Events content as a priority.
Flavour packs aren't the same as CK2's cosmetic DLC

Flavor Packs aren't 100% cosmetic. They are in-game content focused on a theme or a region, to add some spice to themes and specific regions of the world and give everyone something to spend your time with.

Reactions:
Could you give examples?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hmm, Interesting. I hope if it is legit it is not only the Anglo-Saxon culture but more around the British Isles (like Celtic, Anglosaxon and Norman/English clothing, sprites and events and hopefully music).

Imagine every single culture getting a unique flavour pack tough. Assyrian Culture Pack for the win.

Reactions:
Assyrian Culture Pack for the win.
Fun fact: currently the only culture (in vanilla) without access to a unique Men-at-Arms type.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.