First flavor pack hint from Instagram?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the response, but I was more thinking of what you want in terms of fixes for the "core game features are either completely bare or not working" and "the current massive imbalances, bugs, and general issues" that you mentioned. :)

Religion (sub-faiths, head of faith mechanics...c'mon, holy wars still don't even work) most urgently. In terms of events, that means actually fixing the Fervor and Heresy systems (largely moving them away from being entirely event-based) so they have interaction aside from silly events popping up and changing the game mannequins from one thing to another, or deciding that some bishop needs to commit some deviant act with no counterplay and the entire faith suffers as a result. Right now those have this level of interaction: see popup -> click popup away -> watch result. That's not gameplay -- it's pure filler, and there doesn't need to be more of it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Last edited:
Reactions:
Religion (sub-faiths, head of faith mechanics...c'mon, holy wars still don't even work) most urgently. In terms of events, that means actually fixing the Fervor and Heresy systems (largely moving them away from being entirely event-based) so they have interaction aside from silly events popping up and changing the game mannequins from one thing to another, or deciding that some bishop needs to commit some deviant act with no counterplay and the entire faith suffers as a result. Right now those have this level of interaction: see popup -> click popup away -> watch result. That's not gameplay -- it's pure filler, and there doesn't need to be more of it.
Thanks for the answer! :)

What would you replace events with?

EDIT: What properties should such a replacement have rather than what properties should it lack

Last edited:
Reactions:
If you think the basics of the event system is bad and not gameplay at all, you must be really miserable with all of those dozens of titles linked to your account. Paradox's event system, at its core, is uniform across all PDS games. You must not think that any of their games have gameplay. lol

• 1Like
Reactions:
If you think the basics of the event system is bad and not gameplay at all, you must be really miserable with all of those dozens of titles linked to your account. Paradox's event system, at its core, is uniform across all PDS games. You must not think that any of their games have gameplay. lol

I think an event possessing a character and forcing them to do something is bad. I think systems which are entirely event-driven are bad. Paradox devs seem to agree -- look at the change to the old comet events and such (i,e. stability in EU4 should have more involvement than occasionally lowering from a comet sighting). The fact that it seems to just possess the AI mannequins and force them to do something is silly. Imagine if the event could target the player -- would that be good gameplay forcing them to become Cathars? I doubt anyone would think so. So why then should an event just pop up and force some AI duke to do it without regard to pretty much anything else?

What would you replace events with?

EDIT: What properties should such a replacement have rather than what properties should it lack

I have my own mod where low Fervor spawns a new heresiarch who creates a heretic stronghold and then begins traveling to adjacent provinces to convert them. This first of all makes heresies behave as they should: locals being converted before nobles. More importantly for gameplay though, it allows you to deal with heresies using existing game systems. Do you just deal with the heresy by trying to slow it down be reconverting the locals? Do you try to find the heresiarch and deal with him directly? Do you acquiesce to the heresiarch and embrace his heresy? Do you destroy his heretic stronghold in an attempt to undermine the heresy directly? Which choice you make depends on what your goals are, which are better options depending on your position, etc. Instead, in vanilla the game goes 'haha ur son is now a nudist lolz'.

Fervor has a whole host of problems that need to be dealt with, but honestly they should just go back to Moral Authority from CK2 if they don't want or have the time to create a more robust system. Fervor as it is right now is just a bad system with or without naughty priest spam on cooldown.

Reactions:

I kinda see what your aiming at in regard to "see popup -> click popup away -> watch result. " Thats the trick though isnt it, to make the events something that go along a role-play path or chain rather than just pointless. CK2 had this right imho. Sure it took a lot of DLC but it got there.
Your right about the mechanics needing a tweak, but then give it a year and it should be in a good place.

I got a lot of hate before for going down this path so i will just touch on the fact that CK3 looks wonderful and plays very well. Its just utterly lacking and i will not play it until there is some DLC to fill the game out. (6 months from now?) I am bitter about buying a game I dont feel is finished. Next Pdox game that drops i will wait a year before buying, I had Empire of Sin on my wish list for a year, luckily CK3 put me off getting it and it looks like i made a great choice there.

Ah well, onwards and upwards, lots to play while i wait for CK3.5

I would like difficulty between easy and normal in a new patch.

Reactions:
Next Pdox game that drops i will wait a year before buying, I had Empire of Sin on my wish list for a year, luckily CK3 put me off getting it and it looks like i made a great choice there.

"John Romero's Wife Makes You Her Bitch" - the Game

Ah well, onwards and upwards, lots to play while i wait for CK3.5

What would you recommend in the meantime?

Please do not necro threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.