• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations @Cora Giantkiller! I’m amazed this is your first award. Well deserved, and long overdue!

Good choice, @jak7139 :D

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Black clouds on the horizon
Great thunder and burning rain
The posts pounding
I heard the heavens scream fan's name

I watched as the fan shouted
To the giants who died that day
The fan held up the keyboard high
And called to AARland for a sign

Cora the mighty, Cora the brave
Crush the comments in your way
By your keyboard let none be saved
Live to write on that final day
Gods, monsters, and men
All will congrat' @Cora Giantkiller in the end​

Fan of thunder, Fan of rain
Earth shaker who feels no pain
The powerhead of the universe
Now send your never ending curse

Swing your keyboard to crack the sky
Lift your cape so that you might fly
Back to AARland and the gods on high
Now leave the mortal world

Cora the mighty, Cora the brave
Crush the comments in your way
By your keyboard let none be saved
Live to write on that final day
Gods, monsters, and men
All will congrat' Cora Giantkiller in the end [*]​

[*] Appropriated from Thor (The Powerhead) from the album Sign of the Hammer (1984) by Manowar, as well as the cover by Therion (from the album Crowning of Atlantis, 1999).

• 2Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Thanks, everybody! This is really an honor.

I'm afraid that I've been too busy for the traditional AAR recommendations (although I just noticed that RossN just updated his Stellaris AAR, so I'd say folks should give that a look see), and in the same spirit I should probably leave the fan award open for community nominations; but I'm glad for the appreciation and support and I hope to be back on here more regularly soon.

• 4Like
Reactions:
:oops:
All right then. Will give it a try. Hopefully this nomination will be accepted.

- Psst. Hey kid. <looking left and right around> Wanna a fan?
- Uuh. No thanks. I have enough problems with my turbofan calculations. And I don't need street turbofans.
- What? Turbofan?
- A turbofan? A standard gas turbine generating power by a turbine converting the energy achieved by a combustion chamber, but delivering it to a fan, with a large diametre, so the thrust is much higher than the standard turbojet. Also it depends on the bypass ratio of how much jet stream is used to produce thrust compared to nozzle jet, and -
- What the bloody hell are you talking about? I said a fan - a candidate for the week. D' w' I mean?
- Oohh. Uuh - OK. What you got?
- Splendid. Have a wonderful one this time. Fresh off the post.
I was just thinking, since we already did Yes Consul, why not Serpens Niger Procedit?

Somewhere on the front lines in Libya, there are Centurio Serpens Niger, Optio Georgius and Miles Baldricus, frantically trying to evade Consul Barbula's orders to go over the top (of the camp palisade).

Baldricus: "I was just thinking... how did the war start?"
Georgius: "It's all the fault of the vile Egyptian and his insidious empire-building!"
Baldricus: "No, I heard a bloke called Ptolemy Ptolemy ptolemied a ptolemy because he was ptolemy."
Serpens Niger: "Optio, the Egyptian Empire consists of a small canopic jar factory in Carthage, while the Roman Republic covers a quarter of the known world..."

- Haha nice one. But it is a bit old, says there it's from August.
- Old?!? You little shtbag - Everything is old for the youngsters these days. Sigh. Look do you want it or not?
- Hmmm. Yeah OK.
- Marvellous. Here, it comes with the AAR it's posted on - have a nice read!
- Errr... wait - what am I going to do with this now?
- Cheeses. What do they teach you at school kid??! Just go ahead and announce the writAAR of the comment as the nominee for Fan of the Week.
- Uuhh OK.
- holy dikembe mutombo. I need a vacation.

Would like to nominate

for Fan of the Week, not only for that wonderfully hilarious one quoted, but for all the ardent comments.

• 3Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions: