• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Well done!

Reactions:
I had no idea this was a thing, but thank you all for your kind words. I'm surprised that a Dune reference would be so beloved, though. It's such a dry topic.

Well, since I'm running late (it's New Years so I make no apology for that!), I doubt I'll be able to match the purpureous prose of my exalted forebear. So instead, let's all gather now to honor another example of laconic wit. And in honor of Mentats, let's talk about a Stellaris fan.

Congratulations to @Arithmetician for his offhand dismissal of an insignificant little blue planet's fate.

• 4Like
  • 1Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
I mean, technically, you guys have a week, no need to hand it off immediately.

• 1Like
Reactions:
This is me for forever
One of the lost ones
The one without a name
Without an honest heart as compass

This is me for forever
One without a name
This life's the last endeavour
To congratulate the fan of the week

Oh how I wish
For soothing rain
All I wish is to dream again
My (extremely) long posts
Lost in the dark
For hope I'd give my everything

My words withered between the pages two and three
The one scent forever gloom gone with my steams
What the dark that sleep with words
Call the music for help
Read the words with your love
And revel in cheers for the fan

Oh how I wish
For soothing rain
All I wish is to congratulate
@Arithmetician
Fan of the week

For hope I can give my praise [*]

[*] Appropriated butchered from Nemo of the album Once by Nightwish (2004)

• 4Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
That is how I understand it yes.

• 3Like
Reactions:
So, since he was overly hasty last time, I still have a week on my end, right? Just want to make sure I’m not leaving the nomination vacant when my turn is up.
Well, given that filcat was a bit late announcing Ramidel and Ramidel was very early announcing you it basically balances out and your week in the spotlight is technically at an end, but it's not like the rules are written in stone.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Ah, okay. I can make a nomination then. Though to clarify before I do so, is it necessarily limited to a fan who’s responded to my AARs within the week, or just any fan who’s made a difference to me in general?

• 3Like
Reactions:
Ah, okay. I can make a nomination then. Though to clarify before I do so, is it necessarily limited to a fan who’s responded to my AARs within the week, or just any fan who’s made a difference to me in general?
From my understanding, it’s any fan; not just any relevant to you specifically. Basically you can pick any fan whose efforts you feel deserve appreciation. It could be someone who meets the criteria you mentioned; or someone who you see regularly commenting on an AAR that’s not just your own, someone who had one or more particularly insightful comment(s), or anything similar. The important thing is that it be a fan, whether of your works or others, whose efforts you feel deserve appreciation.

Reactions:
Okay, in that case, I would like to nominate Macavity116.

They are among my most regular commenters on my AARs, sharing a love of Star Wars with me, and have at times helped me discuss ideas for future Stellaris campaigns. They’re also an active writer of their own Stellaris stories, and comment on plenty of other people’s AARs too. Their support has meant a lot for me, as I try to squeeze in writing AARs in between a very busy real-life schedule, and is a big source of motivation for me to continue writing them. So congratulations!

• 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions: