• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations!

Well this is truly a pleasant surprise! Being the rebel that I am, I will break with tradition of offering up suggestions of AARs and start to pontificate on a relevant matter. :p

AARland continues to grow with new members every day, and new members -- and older members too -- beginning their endeavors into the world that is AAR-ing, I feel a debt of responsibility to bring fruitful encouragement to all new authAARs just as so many old members did to me when I first started. Sure, we might be behind an avatar and all, but there is nothing nicer to see than a comment from anyone announcing their support and encouragement. It is a sublime recognition, like the light from the suns, moons, and stars, shining down and telling them that you are well pleased to see them and beginning their adventures. And being a fan is also just a nice token of appreciation to other authAARs whom we've grown to "know" over the years. Sometimes you might even meet some of the forumites in person and put face and real life name to avatar and forum name! Then there are just some really good works out there from people who captivate through their own unique styles and writing abilities. And lastly, I'm guilty of looking at some AARs just to learn tips and ideas of how to play with a nation that I may have not really tried but have always wanted! It's like being a kid in a candy-shop for the first time, but it never gets old!

In this respect, we are blessed to have the AARland community in all of its facets, from newest members to oldest, to heavily engaged to those who still pop in from time to time. If I can bring a smile and a word of positive encouragement to anyone -- even if I never know, it is well worth it. Believe me, there is nothing more warming to see a response to the work and time that someone puts into an AAR on top of all the other things one is busy engaged with in real life. It might just give them the extra step to continue onward and upward. Rumor has it that a manuscript of the Iliad from Ireland has a monk's tear on the page as he read Hector kissing his newborn babe with his helmet removed as he marched off to his fate. There are many touching and exceptional works on this forum, if one only has the eyes to see and the time to spare. It is well worth it.

We are all members of the community, and hopefully we can always be positive forces to whomever we meet.
Cheers!

Well said

Congrats to you @volksmarschall and an excellent acceptance speech. Lot of truth in there!

While the sun rises on a more frequent and regular basis than our resident slower than real time compatriot, nevertheless, @El Pip still manages to get around to -- not only his own AARs -- but to others as well; it is undoubtedly a great honor to have him read and comment on your work. And recently, several have been graced by our very own Owl of Minerva. And for all his time, work, and words of encouragement, it is with due pleasure and honor that I pass the torch to @El Pip as our fan of week.

Two times in one year, you might have to reconsider your self-description! ;)

Congratulations El Pip!

Well done, El Pip! I enjoy your words whether they come from your own work or your encouragement of others. Always wise. Once more, well done! :)

Very many congratulations @El Pip