• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A most worthy nomination! Stnylan is a pillar of the community.:)

@coz1 - I think you and I need to have words. You are not meant to be going and embarrassing me like this!

Seriously though, the honour is very much appreciated. And it is good to find myself back in the fora, reading a few AARs. Will true to find a good nomination by this time next week.

Congratulations!

Sorry guys I've not been well lately but regardless I never expected this. Sebas...you sly dog.

Anyway guys I really appreciate the warm sentiments I read. My sincere TY to each one!:D

May need some help...is there something I need to do now?

I'm afraid you are too late. Since you didn't show up, it went on. So you don't have to do anything now.:)

Belated congratulations, well deserved! :)

Well thank you for my spot in the sun again. It was very kind. It is now something like 14 years since I started activity in the AAR forums. Of course, back then our community was rather smaller. It is truly amazing to see how things are still going on - looking back this award itself it now 12½ years old, which is just insane. There is a lot of water under the bridge ... and yet we still get new writers and new writers, and even new commentators.

So, time to pass the baton on. The person I have chosen has won this before, but not often, and the last time was apparently a while ago. But his comments always seem well thought out, and I know I would appreciate his presence in any AAR I were to write. @volksmarschall is your new Fan of the Week.

Congratulations!

What a wonderful surprise. Who says you can’t be a grad student and not have time for relaxation in a forum setting?

First, I want to thank for @stnylan for the nomination. It means a lot. I also agree with his observation that, while the forum has changed over the years, we’re still getting new members and new writers.

Here, I find it humorous that stnylan is the one who passed the award to me, since it was his motto: “To view is human, to comment is divine” I read way back in like 2008 or 2009 that always struck me to be a more engaged member where applicable.

For new writers, and I know from being an AAR architect myself, it really does mean a lot for people to read comments about the work they’re undertaking. From words of encouragement, to questions, to polite suggestions, one doesn’t know how much those comments mean—especially to a new member of the forum who has decided to embark on the adventure that is AAR writing. To leave comments makes us remember that other humans are interested in what we’re doing. I know from starting out in the forums in the AAR project, comments gave me an extra step to go one step further. We all have a part to play in the AAR project. It’s not just the authAAR, but it’s also about the interaction and dialogue that follows. Plus, you can get to know some really nice people as a result.

Additionally, you also might pick up some good ideas on how to play certain nations or factions in the AAR you’re tagging along with.

Thanks all! Although now I have the unfortunate burden of having to pass on the award in my week before Finals! :p We shall persevere, no?

And to borrow that phrase, “To view is human, to comment is divine.” Let us remember leave a comment, especially in this holiday season!

Reactions: