EUIV - Quick Questions / Quick Answers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Everything else being equal, do two states consisting of two provinces each cost more GC than one state consisting of four provinces?
No. GC is based on development. 100 provinces of 1-dev costs the same as 1 province as a 100 dev. Of course, the latter gets reduced by building a courthouse, which is a lot cheaper than building 100 courthouses in all of the former.

Reactions:
The Sanction Holy War ability of Feudal Theocracies does not work on countries I have a truce with? But it does give me claims on my subject? This is known and WAD? The latter seems to contradict the Wiki.
The code is:
Code:
every_neighbor_province = {
    limit = {
        owner = {
            exists = yes
            not = { defensive_pact_with = ROOT }
            not = { religion = ROOT }
        }
        not = { is_claim = ROOT }
        not = { is_core = ROOT }
        has_discovered = ROOT
    }
    add_claim = ROOT
}

I found no documentation for defensive_pact_with, but I did a few tests and it seems that it checks for a truce. So you don't get claims on countries which have a truce with you, but you do get claims on countries with whom you have a one-sided truce.
The behavior which the wiki describes was how it used to work before 1.35. It might be a bug that you now get claims on subjects, but don't get claims on countries which have a truce with you. defensive_pact_with was introduced in 1.35 and is only used of the feudal theocracy ability and an upgraded version of the royal fires mechanic which gives claims in the same way. Maybe it was implemented incorrectly. You could make a bugreport about it

Reactions:
If I'm Provence and I have the PU mission available for Aragon. Is it better to wait until the Iberian wedding to claim both Castle and Aragon with the same CB or does it not work that way?.

I know you can do it with Poland-Lithuania but that might be due to Poland being the senior partner.

If I'm Provence and I have the PU mission available for Aragon. Is it better to wait until the Iberian wedding to claim both Castle and Aragon with the same CB or does it not work that way?.

I know you can do it with Poland-Lithuania but that might be due to Poland being the senior partner.
Don't wait. If the Iberian wedding fires, you won't get a PU CB on either Aragon nor Castille, only permaclaims instead.

Did the developers ever state why Fetishist Buddhadharma can use great projects from the Buddhist Eastern subgroup, but the Fetishist cults of other religions cannot use those great projects?

I don't know an official statement, but this isn't about fetishist. It is just that Buddhist monuments can be used by other religions which accept Buddhism in some way. This is done via the scripted triggers province_is_buddhist_or_accepts_buddhism and province_is_buddhist_or_accepts_buddhism_or_is_dharmic . The monuments of other religions are only available to countries of these religions and to countries which have that religion as their syncretic religion (in some cases the religious group is also allowed)

Reactions:
I played as Jewish Mutapa and realised that every building gave me 1 development on the province (2 for factories). I didn't find anything about that on the wiki. Which mechanics is causing this?

I played as Jewish Mutapa and realised that every building gave me 1 development on the province (2 for factories). I didn't find anything about that on the wiki. Which mechanics is causing this?
It's the Fate of Zimbabwe mission. You probably gained 2 from manufactories because you also had Economic ideas.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Does Castille always begin with France, England, and Burgundy as rivals? How can you marry Burgundy to have a shot at the Burgundian Inheritance event?
If Burgundy starts as a rival (this applies to any nation, not just Castile) you can go to war with them and force them to remove the rivalry (just don't rival them back in the mean time).

Reactions:
If Burgundy starts as a rival (this applies to any nation, not just Castile) you can go to war with them and force them to remove the rivalry (just don't rival them back in the mean time).
Pretty much this. Improve with them before the war, but don't go over 100 as that'll be a stabhit to declare the war. Try avoiding any event options that could upset them during the war (sack of X especially). Also use the peace deal to annul any OPM ally that doesn't have a RM with them to free up relation slots. After you peace out scornfully insult one of their remaining rivals for more opinion, and you can reasonably marry them one month after your peace deal and gain yourself a shot at the BI.

With the risk of someone else going in against Burgundy at the same time and ruining the BI by forcing them to abandon their PUs, or this very war leading to the BI since the AI loves to make Charles a general.