EUIV - Quick Questions / Quick Answers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The HREmperor must be Christian and, if there's an official religion, he must be of that religion. If the HREmperor changes religion, he will lose the title unless the Erbkaisertum reform has been passed.

You must be Eastern or Pagan religion to become Emperor of China, but if you change religion after becoming EoC then you don't lose it.

So, the easiest way is to become EoC (eg. as Tengri horde) then Russia then convert to Catholic (via decision because you're Tengri) then become HREmperor. The other way is harder, because you have to pass all the reforms then become EoC, and you have to hope that the AI doesn't accidentally destroy the mandate before you get there...
Alright, so I am already HRE Emperor, except I decentralized the empire.

So my objective is to revoke all Privilegia and Centralize instead? Oh boy

I guess there is no easier way.

Last edited:
Alright, so I am already HRE Emperor, except I decentralized the empire.

So my objective is to revoke all Privilegia and Centralize instead? Oh boy

I guess there is no easier way.
Is there any other possible candidate for the empire? (Any independent European Christian monarchy following the official religion.) If there is, or if you can create one, you could in theory flip to Confucian (passing the HRE to this other nation), take the mandate, flip back to Catholic, retake the HRE.

This would require you to have roughly equal "amounts" of Catholic & Confucian in your nation (where "amount" is the difficult-to-calculate quantity used to decide when you can accept religious rebels' demands). Or you could give provinces to subjects to get the balance juuuust right - give just enough provinces so you can flip to Confucian, then just enough provinces so you can flip to Catholic.

Is there any other possible candidate for the empire? (Any independent European Christian monarchy following the official religion.) If there is, or if you can create one, you could in theory flip to Confucian (passing the HRE to this other nation), take the mandate, flip back to Catholic, retake the HRE.

This would require you to have roughly equal "amounts" of Catholic & Confucian in your nation (where "amount" is the difficult-to-calculate quantity used to decide when you can accept religious rebels' demands). Or you could give provinces to subjects to get the balance juuuust right - give just enough provinces so you can flip to Confucian, then just enough provinces so you can flip to Catholic.
That's a smart idea. Yea I flipped with 46% vs 48% so I could easily flip back to catholic.

So I would first need to lose the crown (because simply flipping dissolves the HRE), then flip to confucian, take the mandate, flip back and wait until the new emperor dies.

I don't know if that's necessarily faster than revoking and pushing all other reforms through tbh.

How do you get Triple Emperor?

I am currently the Russian Empire and emperor of the HRE and catholic.

As soon as I convert to confucianism, the HRE gets dissolved.

Wat?
If you are already HRE emperor, you'll need the empire to have Religious Peace as this is the only way to change your religion without ceasing to be the Emperor.

This can either be done via the Religious Leagues mechanic, or via the Imperial Reform which declares Religious Peace. Revoking the Privlegia isn't essential but it can follow later.

If you are already HRE emperor, you'll need the empire to have Religious Peace as this is the only way to change your religion without ceasing to be the Emperor.

This can either be done via the Religious Leagues mechanic, or via the Imperial Reform which declares Religious Peace. Revoking the Privlegia isn't essential but it can follow later.
Sadly I already won the League Wars as catholics.

If I flip now the HRE dissolves.

That is unfortunate. Because centralising now won't change the one true faith outcome from the Religious War. You'll either need a save from before the war outcome or a new start I'm afraid.
Proclaiming Erbkaisertum should still allow the emperor to change religion, even if the HRE has an official faith

Reactions:
So I would first need to lose the crown (because simply flipping dissolves the HRE), then flip to confucian, take the mandate, flip back and wait until the new emperor dies.
Does the HRE dissolve if you flip to Protestant/Reformed via the religion screen? If not, you could use that as an intermediate step before confucian.

And you don't need to wait until the new emperor dies. Making them not exist or not be independent is enough ;-)

Proclaiming Erbkaisertum should still allow the emperor to change religion, even if the HRE has an official faith

Thanks, I will try that then. Will be a weird way to do things lmao

Does the HRE dissolve if you flip to Protestant/Reformed via the religion screen? If not, you could use that as an intermediate step before confucian.

And you don't need to wait until the new emperor dies. Making them not exist or not be independent is enough ;-)
Sorry for the late response, I had to work.

It's not possible to change faith since I am defender of the faith. And flipping to Protestant through rebels is not possible since Protestantism has 0 provinces left.

It's not possible to change faith since I am defender of the faith.
It's a little more work, probably, but you can lose DotF by losing a war. (You're probably fairly lategame, so there probably aren't any tiny nations which are easy to curbstomp.)

Reactions:
It's a little more work, probably, but you can lose DotF by losing a war. (You're probably fairly lategame, so there probably aren't any tiny nations which are easy to curbstomp.)
In the meantime I have revoked+passed the necessary reforms. What your information allowed me to do was "test" before I went in. I DoW'd someone who couldn't annex my provinces and surrendered by offering them to revoke an Imperial reform. I then lost DoF and swapped to Protestantism -> HRE did not get dissolved.

So then I went into the tedious part of the run where I released a bunch of vassals until I could flip confucian, which allowed me to wage one final war to get it.

Long story short: From the moment people told me I needed Erbkaisertum I declared on several nations that were either small and/or hated me so I could surrender to them by offering to revoke reforms. After revoking the last 7 I could go and pass the 3 needed ones to get into Erbkaisertum. I released vassals and fed them until Confucianism had a plurality, declared a no-cb trucebreak to increase unrest and get confucian rebels, accepted their demands, declared a war for the celestial empire and finished.

Kinda weird run in the end, but still super fun.

Thanks again to everyone who helped!

1704993552289.png

• 2Like
Reactions:
I am going Zoroastrian as Persia. What are peoples experiences with the events and is there any way I can influence their appearance?

I selected the mission and had one event to kickstart everythinf very soon. Then for the next couple of years nothing changed. Am just curious what the average time is for people.

I am going Zoroastrian as Persia. What are peoples experiences with the events and is there any way I can influence their appearance?

I selected the mission and had one event to kickstart everythinf very soon. Then for the next couple of years nothing changed. Am just curious what the average time is for people.
It really depends on the event choices, try looking it up in the wiki. IRC in my run I was Zoroastrian in like 3 years after the first event fired, if you take the correct choices it goes really quickly, you fight like 3 rounds of increasingly bigger rebel stacks (but nothing major) and then you are it.

It really depends on the event choices, try looking it up in the wiki. IRC in my run I was Zoroastrian in like 3 years after the first event fired, if you take the correct choices it goes really quickly, you fight like 3 rounds of increasingly bigger rebel stacks (but nothing major) and then you are it.
Thanks! I fought one stack so far.

So it probably wasn't as long as I thought.

Will check the wiki.

Hello,

I am trying to get the King of Kings-achievement as Persia, but I can't finsih the "Riches of Asia"-mission.
All conditions are met, apart from 50% trade income, which is marked by the red "X". Now, here is the thing: my trade income is 51% and it has been that for a few months now.
Do it have to be over 50% for a year or more?

Am I missing something?

1705354518048.png
1705354555413.png

To get a fast outcome, you have to select "Promote their studies." in the event The Zoroastrian Study and then "Nonsense. This man shall visit us in the court first!" in The Prophet of [target_province.GetName] and then "The Prophet shall remain in the royal court." in The Zoroastrian Prophet. This reduces the MTTH of the event Aristocratic Interests of Zoroastrianism from 10 years to 1 year. And afterwards you can make your clergy disloyal to reduce the MTTH for the event The Clergy Revolts! from 3 years to 3.6 months. And then you just have to kill all rebels to get the event which converts you

Reactions:
Hello,

I am trying to get the King of Kings-achievement as Persia, but I can't finsih the "Riches of Asia"-mission.
All conditions are met, apart from 50% trade income, which is marked by the red "X". Now, here is the thing: my trade income is 51% and it has been that for a few months now.

Am I missing something?

View attachment 1074038View attachment 1074039
Looks like it should be ready to fire, not sure why it hasn't yet for you.

Can you give out a monopoly to temporarily reduce your production income (for slightly reduced upfront ducats)? That might do the trick.

Hello,

Am I missing something?

View attachment 1074038View attachment 1074039
The calculation for the trade income percentage which is shown in your right image is bugged and doesn't include all income sources. At least war reparations are missing and maybe more. You can check your total income in the economy tab. I think the economy tab shows the correct total income and the correct trade income and you can calculate the percentage there. And AFAIK the mission uses these values as well.

To achieve a higher trade income, you could try to get more trade power in important nodes or let other countries steer trade to you or transfer their trade power. Or could do a little nation ruining and do things to reduce your other income sources(e.g. unstate provinces which give a lot of income, but have little trade power)

Reactions:
The calculation for the trade income percentage which is shown in your right image is bugged and doesn't include all income sources. At least war reparations are missing and maybe more. You can check your total income in the economy tab. I think the economy tab shows the correct total income and the correct trade income and you can calculate the percentage there. And AFAIK the mission uses these values as well.

To achieve a higher trade income, you could try to get more trade power in important nodes or let other countries steer trade to you or transfer their trade power. Or could do a little nation ruining and do things to reduce your other income sources(e.g. unstate provinces which give a lot of income, but have little trade power)
This is it. I did the calculations on the econmy tab, and it turns out the real percentage is 49,5!

Many thanks for this! :)
I'll try to bring my trade up slightly.