EUIV - Quick Questions / Quick Answers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You should gain any if you didn't lose any land. Also core return or releasing a tag doesn't generate revanchism, check if maybe they took one of your provinces?
OK same run - same situation, this time Ottomans took more provinces from Mamluks and also fully annexed Cyprus. I did not lose anything. Still got 62 % Revanchism, not sure if this is a bug or even intended like that (the wiki is not really clear on this):

1714345752443.png

Reactions:
OK same run - same situation, this time Ottomans took more provinces from Mamluks and also fully annexed Cyprus. I did not lose anything. Still got 62 % Revanchism, not sure if this is a bug or even intended like that (the wiki is not really clear on this):

View attachment 1125659
I'd make a bug report and attach a save from before the peace deal if you have one. I'm pretty sure something is bugged here and not working as intended. It's like the game is treating you as the primary participant of the losing side, and it shouldn't work like that at all.

Reactions:
Dutch revolt question - playing France and had 4 flemish and 2 dutch culture provinces
in 1523 Dutch revolt fired - I beat the first round of rebels, promoted Flemish culture and completed cultural conversion of the 2 dutch provinces

the disaster ended in 1526.

If I take more Lowland provinces will the disaster fire again?

What is the actual equation for IA gain from princes? It's quite obviously NOT simply 0.003/prince over 25 as stated by the wiki (even the screenshot from the wiki shows 0.21 IA/month from 78 princes when it should be (78-25)*0.003=0.17). It's clearly non-linear as you gain far more per prince the more princes you add.

What is the actual equation for IA gain from princes? It's quite obviously NOT simply 0.003/prince over 25 as stated by the wiki (even the screenshot from the wiki shows 0.21 IA/month from 78 princes when it should be (78-25)*0.003=0.17). It's clearly non-linear as you gain far more per prince the more princes you add.
I think the 0.003/prince over 25 from the wiki is correct. The screenshot on the wiki is from version 1.30.1 in which you got 0.004/prince over 25, so the calculation would have been (78-25)*0.004=0.212 which matches the 0.21 which is shown in the screenshot. And in the current version you get 0.15 for 78 princes at the start of the game which matches the expected value of
(78-25)*0.003=0.159 (I have no idea how you arrived at 0.17 for the same calculation):
1714599511679.png

Do you maybe have some imperial authority growth modifiers? I think they are included in the per member calculation already and then they are counted again to calculated the final value(this might be a bug).

Reactions:
I think the 0.003/prince over 25 from the wiki is correct. The screenshot on the wiki is from version 1.30.1 in which you got 0.004/prince over 25, so the calculation would have been (78-25)*0.004=0.212 which matches the 0.21 which is shown in the screenshot. And in the current version you get 0.15 for 78 princes at the start of the game which matches the expected value of
(78-25)*0.003=0.159 (I have no idea how you arrived at 0.17 for the same calculation):
View attachment 1126627
Do you maybe have some imperial authority growth modifiers? I think they are included in the per member calculation already and then they are counted again to calculated the final value(this might be a bug).
I must have fat-fingered the calculator to get that wrong arithmetic result. And you're right, it is straight 0.003 per prince w/o any +IA% modifiers; I just tested it with up to 122 princes. However, once I passed "Curtail the Imperial Estates," that number jumped to 0.36 from 0.29. So yes, percentage modifiers on IA growth count twice for the princes in the empire calculation.

Playing Brabant and I just finished the "Ending the Sound Toll" mission diplomatically with the reward stating that "As long as we maintain 125 relations with Denmark we will gain 70 trade power in the node".

Relations are well above 125 but I am not getting the 70 trade power (I'm assuming it would be in Lubeck). I do see the 30 trade power from Hansa Relations mission reward, but not this 70.

Am I misreading it somehow?

Playing Brabant and I just finished the "Ending the Sound Toll" mission diplomatically with the reward stating that "As long as we maintain 125 relations with Denmark we will gain 70 trade power in the node".

Relations are well above 125 but I am not getting the 70 trade power (I'm assuming it would be in Lubeck). I do see the 30 trade power from Hansa Relations mission reward, but not this 70.

Am I misreading it somehow?
It's a confirmed bug that's set to be fixed in the next patch. As it is right now, you have to be the Netherlands and have the 125 relations with Denmark.

• 1Like
Reactions:
In VoC playing Austria, has anyone got the Von Raab Reforms noble estate privilege that's supposed to come after completing the Von Raab mission? I completed the mission, selected that option, beat the rebels. Got Von Raab as advisor but no privilege. There's an added condition of noble influence under 40, mine was over. I thought that it meant that the privilege will appear but just not do anything when over 40, but perhaps I should have had under 40 when completing the mission to have it in the first place?

In VoC playing Austria, has anyone got the Von Raab Reforms noble estate privilege that's supposed to come after completing the Von Raab mission? I completed the mission, selected that option, beat the rebels. Got Von Raab as advisor but no privilege. There's an added condition of noble influence under 40, mine was over. I thought that it meant that the privilege will appear but just not do anything when over 40, but perhaps I should have had under 40 when completing the mission to have it in the first place?
It is a known bug. The event rewards are switched. The first event option "We will extend these reforms to the nobility!" empowers the privilege supremacy of the nobility and the option "Allow the nobles to maintain their influence." instead gives the new privilege

Reactions:
I have finished "Reichskrieg" reform in the decentralization path and received option to "buy" Imperial Realm War CB for 25 IA.
According to wiki the target country must fulfils several conditions.
One of them is: "has more development than the emperor"

Still i have noticed that i can use this CB against Ottomans, Russia (they have more dev thqan me) but also OPM nations.
Was it changed some time ago in some patch?

Looks like it is now very cool CB!

I have finished "Reichskrieg" reform in the decentralization path and received option to "buy" Imperial Realm War CB for 25 IA.
According to wiki the target country must fulfils several conditions.
One of them is: "has more development than the emperor"

Still i have noticed that i can use this CB against Ottomans, Russia (they have more dev thqan me) but also OPM nations.
Was it changed some time ago in some patch?

Looks like it is now very cool CB!
Since patch 1.32, the development requirement for Reichskrieg has been removed.

The wiki is actually correct in several places about this but still has outdated info within the list of reforms https://eu4.paradoxwikis.com/Holy_Roman_Empire#List_of_reforms_and_their_effects

Last edited:
Reactions: