EUIV - Quick Questions / Quick Answers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Maybe a bit of a weird question, but are there any mechanics that prevent rebel progress in AI countries, other than unrest reductions in the form of revanchism and 'national defense'?

Yesterday I tried playing as one of the Chinese Kingdom nations for their mission tree and released and played as a vasal of Ming. With Mandate at 0, stability at -3, devastation everywhere due to double bankrupt, 0 manpower and no ability no hire mercs, no rebels spawned. None. I waited for 10 years and not a single rebel stack spawned. I'm not sure why. When clicking on their neighbouring provinces I could clearly see there was unrest in their provinces, varying from 7-25.

Rebels only spawned in very low quantities after more than 10 years, but by that time Ming was being invaded by the Oirat's (with whom I made a truce of 10 years), Dai Viet and Chagatai, hurting my ability to unify China quickly.
I believe the AI uses harsh treatment a lot.

I remember that afters some time while playing in HRE one of the cities can became the seat of the Holy Roman Empire (it has this golden eagle icon on HRE map).
Unfortunately I cant anythig about it on PDX wiki?

Can someone knows what modifiers this city is gettiing or how it is changing HRE mechanics?

I remember that afters some time while playing in HRE one of the cities can became the seat of the Holy Roman Empire (it has this golden eagle icon on HRE map).
Unfortunately I cant anythig about it on PDX wiki?

Can someone knows what modifiers this city is gettiing or how it is changing HRE mechanics?
The province gets the triggered modifier Perpetual Diet

Does anyone know a way to get rid of the reform Celestial Empire (without losing emperorship)? I know you can get rid of it with certain missions/nation forming, but I can't figure this one out.

I'm playing a game as Yan. Completed the Chinese warlord mission tree, so got a good few permanent bonuses, but now I'd like to form Japan.

You can only form Japan if you do NOT have Celestial Empire (or be a Daimyo/Shogunate). Would there be any way around this? I'm strong enough to conquer anyone in Asia, but can't just take on England for example (and would take too long). Can't 100% Ashikaga to make myself a vasal because I'm too big. I guess I could release all nation to make myself small, but that's releasing 2k dev.

Tried (in testing) forming Siam/Dai Viet, but those don't change your government reforms upon forming and for as I can tell the missions don't change your government reform as well.

As an edit: put the run in the fridge. If anyone figures this out, even months after this posting, let me know! In short: non-endgame nation way of changing primary government reform is what I'm looking for.

Last edited:
Does anyone know a way to get rid of the reform Celestial Empire (without losing emperorship)? I know you can get rid of it with certain missions/nation forming, but I can't figure this one out.

I'm playing a game as Yan. Completed the Chinese warlord mission tree, so got a good few permanent bonuses, but now I'd like to form Japan.

You can only form Japan if you do NOT have Celestial Empire (or be a Daimyo/Shogunate). Would there be any way around this? I'm strong enough to conquer anyone in Asia, but can't just take on England for example (and would take too long). Can't 100% Ashikaga to make myself a vasal because I'm too big. I guess I could release all nation to make myself small, but that's releasing 2k dev.

Tried (in testing) forming Siam/Dai Viet, but those don't change your government reforms upon forming and for as I can tell don't change your government reform as well.
I think you'd have to find a war to get declared on by a nation which uses the Take Mandate of Heaven CB, which would only happen if you had got rid of most of your army/navy and losing the mandate via war comes with 20 years of serious penalties. May not be worth it for the Japanese bonuses you seek.

I think you'd have to find a war to get declared on by a nation which uses the Take Mandate of Heaven CB, which would only happen if you had got rid of most of your army/navy and losing the mandate via war comes with 20 years of serious penalties. May not be worth it for the Japanese bonuses you seek.
Yeah, wasn't planning on getting rid of emperorship. Only the first (locked) reform. There are no Chinese nations left other than me (and nobody would declare regardless since I'm at 2500 dev).

empire question; finally have the full suite of DLCs
got 1000 dev 2 months ago and have 80 prestige; was expecting Empire to fire to give bonuses (cultural union and GC) to an indebted economy. How do I trigger it?

Playing France 1490

edit - and some youtube guides recommend moving capital to low countries- what downsides from moving it from Fanch Paris 31 dev

Last edited:
You need to get rid of the French Strong Duchies estate privilege and complete the mission Movement of Centralization. Completing that mission will change your government reform to French Absolutist Monarchy, which isn't fixed to any rank. You won't get a choice of other government reforms until later along your mission tree.

You need to get rid of the French Strong Duchies estate privilege and complete the mission Movement of Centralization. Completing that mission will change your government reform to French Absolutist Monarchy, which isn't fixed to any rank. You won't get a choice of other government reforms until later along your mission tree.
thanks a struggle; i'll start seizing land to get from 27 to 50 Crown Land; avoid diets and hopefully get extra CL from conquest + dev then revoke strong duchies

thanks a struggle; i'll start seizing land to get from 27 to 50 Crown Land; avoid diets and hopefully get extra CL from conquest + dev then revoke strong duchies
French Strong Duchies will be removed if you no longer have any subjects, that might be a quicker option to start integrating your subjects, unless you've formed a personal union over another nation.

French Strong Duchies will be removed if you no longer have any subjects, that might be a quicker option to start integrating your subjects, unless you've formed a personal union over another nation.
only subject is Meath as a march with all but one of Ireeland and Provence in PU which I'm about to feed some savoy when i go for alpine pass mission

BTW
  • eligible for Armorican mission but holding off till new institution arrives
  • have galleys for that mission but reluctant to build Provence 2 docks as it is broke (<1 treasury) and I can't lend
  • have the papal influence and prerequistes to do Papal Lands of Avignon but again holding back - not sure of optimum time
and some youtube guides recommend moving capital to low countries- what downsides from moving it from Fanch Paris 31 dev

Last edited:
According to the wiki
Will be revoked upon no longer having any vassals, marches, appanages, client states or personal unions with french culture in the France region
so subjects outside of France should be ok.

If I form Punjab as Delhi will I lose the Delhi missions (and get only the generic one's form Punjab)?
According to the wiki, the decision to form Punjab lacks the 'Obtains new mission' effect, so you should be fine and keep your current ones. But maybe make a save before you do it, just to be sure.
If I form a country while a country-specific disaster is ongoing (in my case forming Rome during the French Revolution), will the disaster progress as normal?
Since you are no longer France, the disaster should disappear.

Reactions:
As far as I know a Conquistador generation takes 80% of your current tradition unlike General generation which takes 100%, meaning lower chance of a good Conquistador overall, what about the case of generating a Conquistador with the Cossack estate decision? The exact same decision for nobility with General instead shows the same amount of tradition, so does that mean the decision skips 80%?
1713808957407.png

1713808990094.png