• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A new war was on the horizon back in Europe. But that would not prevent further exploring this time, as Montségur highly doubted that Provence had any colonies in the new world. He wanted to head North this time; allegedly, there was an enormous landmass awaiting to be discovered, judging from its coastline - a landmass without those damned mosquitoes and in less tropical climate. The Andes were nice, but what he saw of Brazil and Colombia reminded him too much of Africa - even the natives were sometimes similarly aggressive, as de Leon could see in Muturu.

(( Shouldn't we also vote for the name of the colonial nation we will soon have?

Honour French Call-to-arms: Yes
Byzantine Succession: Do Not Interfere

Denis Philippe de Montségur, [unlanded noble, conquistador]))

Shouldn't we also vote for the name of the colonial nation we will soon have?

((As far as I'm aware, we can change it after. People are free to start making suggestions in OOC if they want.))

((Just wondering which region the colonial nation will be in, can't really tell from map and on phone right now))

((It'd count as the Brazil colonial region.

Ninja'd.))

((I need to clarify something, since it's come to my attention in the chat that the "do not interfere" option isn't that obvious how it works. It does not mean we will let the game decide if there will be a new heir. The event will still create an heir, we just won't get to decide who that is. It is likely to be one of the ones mentioned in the letter. I'll go edit the vote post to further clarify it for future votes.))

I fear that the union of the churches, so dearly won, is in danger should Ioannes take the throne, and thus urge his majesty to support an alternative candidate.

Byzantine Succession: Maurianus

[Count, Diplomat, Rep2Byz]

- AA Satre

((I, too, change my vote from Do Not Interfere to Maurianus))

((@Michaelangelo Do I need to edit my original post? I've never had to change my vote in this AAR before and want to be sure that the vote is valid when you count them.))

((I, too, change my vote from Do Not Interfere to Maurianus))

((@Michaelangelo Do I need to edit my original post? I've never had to change my vote in this AAR before and want to be sure that the vote is valid when you count them.))

((No, I just require you clearly state you are changing your vote, which you just did. I do a running tally, so when people edit their votes I don't notice and they end up not being counted. You can just leave the original post as is.))

Reactions:
(( Hello, I have been reading this thread and tempted to join it as it looks very cool and fun !.. Although I fear i might be too late to the party or am i ?. also curious would it be possible for someone to have traveled from the Byzantine empire to Aragon and kept his noble status although he would be a un landed one ?. just wondering )

(( Hello, I have been reading this thread and tempted to join it as it looks very cool and fun !.. Although I fear i might be too late to the party or am i ?. also curious would it be possible for someone to have traveled from the Byzantine empire to Aragon and kept his noble status although he would be a un landed one ?. just wondering )

((It is never too late to join, especially with three centuries still ahead of us. My general rule with foreign nobles is that they are usually courtiers unless they come from a vassal, which includes Byzantium. So if you want to make a Greek noble from Byzantium, he would indeed count as an unlanded noble.))

Name: Alexandros Kostopoulos

Date of birth: February 1500 ( 36 years old )

Class: Unlanded Noble

Religion: Catholic

Bio:
Alexandros was born in Byzantium to a wealthy Noble family but soon after fled to the mother country of Aragon with his family. The reason behind the sudden move was that although the city was grand and peaceful for the most part. The city was not the same and for the protection of his family Alex father moved from the city of Byzantium and headed to aragon where he knew his family would be safe and could find good fortune in work and possible become landed again if the king wished it. His family wanted to fully embrace the Aragon culture and thus they moved to Aragon as unlanded Nobles. In the year 1515 Alexandros father died unexpectedly and left the wealth and fortune to Alexandros. So for the next 21 years Alex kept a low profile working jobs on and off and keeping his house in good shape until the year of 1536 where he decided he wanted to become more than what he currently was and to serve his new motherland proudly. If possible he would like to have the land of Salerno in Italy.. Although it was not Greece.. it would be close enough for him if the crown would grant it to him.

Last edited:
Reactions:
((@LordDamien welcome to the AAR, hope you enjoy your playing))

As for Francesco's vote
Honour the French call to arms:yes
Who to install as successor to become baselia: Maurianus Palaiologos

@Keinwyn
To the honorable Armand Sastre,
I hope this letter gets to you in good stead. I have heard suggestions from court that although Maurianus is popular here in Aragon, he faces opposition at Constantinople, a most unfortunate circumstance. I am sure you are trying already, but to attempt to improve the image of Aragon's man. It would be most grevious for Aragon, as overlord, to need to send in troops to assert it's authority over these greeks.

Yours Truly,
Count Francesco de Soneta, 4th Count of Pirineo

Last edited:
((
Byzantine Succession: Ferran III
)