• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Done! Quite looking forward to Cities in Motion. I'm a fan of City and Transport simulators and not actually sure why I don't already have it!

Whilst registering for this forum I was actually surprised I had a few of your games. I've never been able to get into the Grand Strategy games you're famous for. I tried so hard with Crusader Kings 2 demo as I love the medieval era. And I was convinced after reading through all the tutorial that I'd love it but then I started a game and just didn't know what to do for a couple of hours. :(

Anyway, I knew I had Magicka of yours but was surprised to discover Elven Legacy, Majesty 2, Galactic Assault were all yours.

Done! Quite looking forward to Cities in Motion. I'm a fan of City and Transport simulators and not actually sure why I don't already have it!

Whilst registering for this forum I was actually surprised I had a few of your games. I've never been able to get into the Grand Strategy games you're famous for. I tried so hard with Crusader Kings 2 demo as I love the medieval era. And I was convinced after reading through all the tutorial that I'd love it but then I started a game and just didn't know what to do for a couple of hours. :(

Anyway, I knew I had Magicka of yours but was surprised to discover Elven Legacy, Majesty 2, Galactic Assault were all yours.

they have diversified, its like the cash flow is so good they just have to keep making stuff to get rid of the money :)

stick with the Grand strats, as once you get the hang of them its normally hard to go back to the RTS (just to fast for me at least).

Try EU3 as its probably the slowest and easiest to learn out of paradox's big 4 (HOI3, EU3, VIC2, CK2)

Do yourself a big favour and stick with those grand strategy titles. I know they look daunting from the outset but you only get out what you put in. ;)

Just completed the survey. And while I already own CiM, i think this is the 3rd or 4th game i get from Pdox for free (others through newsletter)! This is more games than i even OWN from some other developers... Keep up the good work guys! :D

End of the month they say

Completed.

A shame it's not HoI. I'd love to have that game. The WWII period is a "fascinating" period of human history and one of my favorite computer game settings.

Just done the survey. Not bad but could add some extra questions.

They should add a notes section to give personal feedback on any issues not asked about.
They should also add a section to list what games are currently owned.

At least I will soon be able to try out gamersgate when I get my extra copy of CIM. +1 paradox, keep up the good work. I will be buying more of your games now I have seen what you have on offer.

It was a real shame that there wasn't any comment area in the survey. Because i would have added that i do not buy Paradox games that require Steam. I prefer to buy the retail box how ever a lot of them require the use of Steam and even some of there games at GG require Steam. I refuse to use Steam and it is important that Paradox know that people may not buy there games because of Steam. We should have the option of having the game with out Steam because at the end of the day Paradox are missing out on sales.

Last edited:
It was a real shame that there wasn't any comment area in the survey. Because i would have added that i do not buy Paradox games that require Steam. I prefer to buy the retail box how ever a lot of them require the use of Steam and even some of there games at GG require Steam. I refuse to use Steam and it is important that Paradox know that people may not buy there games because of Steam. We should have the option of having the game with out Steam because at the end of the day Paradox are missing out on sales.

My thoughts exactly! I second this noteworthy post.

Good God! I just realized I spent more than $400 on games last year. Curse you GamersGate and your irresistible sales!

Survey was not bad. Great opportunity to tell Paradox that we do not like Facebook. ;)

Well, for the question asking whereget most of my games, I answeared "I do not buy games", so I spend a lot less on games. However I have bought some Paradox games in the past and might continue to do so. Nevertheless, I don't have that much time for playing games, and when I do play a game, most often it's a free one. Free games also tend to be easier to install. Even when I have to compile them myself its usually than installing a non-free one.

Philipp