• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yep. It's 10c/MB above 4GB for me since I can't get ADSL and have 3g as the most economic alternative option. Connection speed is a wildly misleading (for purposes of practically downloading games, it does actually reach that speed on occasion) 11.2 Mbps. Anything over ~3GB size has to be bought retail or downloaded when I'm on unmetered internet elsewhere.

Don't imagine it's much of a problem outside of NZ though.

11.2 Mbps?!?!? i'd kill for that, i'm lucky if i hit 1 down, and thats right beside on of the Dunedin exchanges with telecom

EDIT: woops its 7.2mbps with 120ms ping, that's absolutely awesome isn't it!!! and only 150 dollars a month for 60GB of data up and down. i mean could there be a better deal? they only throtle things with low speed requirements like BF3 during peak time 7pm - 2am and steam well i've been told my 500kbs down is awesome as well

if the driping sarcasm didn't get though i'm now telling you

Last edited:
I don't think PI should have asked the question regarding the amount spent per year on games...

After calculating it, I've decided to cut back very sharply on the amount I spend on gaming! :p

11.2 Mbps?!?!? i'd kill for that, i'm lucky if i hit 1 down, and thats right beside on of the Dunedin exchanges with telecom

EDIT: woops its 7.2mbps with 120ms ping, that's absolutely awesome isn't it!!! and only 150 dollars a month for 60GB of data up and down. i mean could there be a better deal? they only throtle things with low speed requirements like BF3 during peak time 7pm - 2am and steam well i've been told my 500kbs down is awesome as well

if the driping sarcasm didn't get though i'm now telling you
Phooey. I live in the wop wops and I can get 1m/b download on steam, and I'm getting phone, 60gb cap AND sky for $150 a month. You got played son

Phooey. I live in the wop wops and I can get 1m/b download on steam, and I'm getting phone, 60gb cap AND sky for $150 a month. You got played son

i fi could afford it i would go world exchange, fiber the whole way, not just to the door (which actually doesn't increase speed just ping), unlimted cap. But you have to buy a house thats build with it, at least in dunedin (where i live) and the accounts handled from over seas. A guy i was talking to lives in one and gets 5ms ping on the ON3 severs and something like 5mbs down on steam at the slowest.

very jealous am i. as to getting played, i don't handle the account, the guy who does worked for telecom and wants to keep the biz email adress without paying $30 extra a month, hence the refusal

hey just completed the survey. i liked the cities demo, but never got the game. this was totally worth it. can't wait.
thanks paradox:)

[edit]: oh yeah, forgot to say i found the link via reddit. paradox doesn't ask about reddit in the survey. you guys should add that.

Completed it as well, is there some way of just not claiming the CiM prize since I already own it? Don't want to grab another copy if it costs any money for PI or the devs. Otherwise I guess I'll just gift it to someone nice.

I just realised I used the wrong email address for my survery. The email address I put in expires soon, before the code will get sent. What can I do? D:

Got all the Paradox games but one... but completed the survey nonetheless. ;)

I just realised I used the wrong email address for my survery. The email address I put in expires soon, before the code will get sent. What can I do? D:

re-take the survey with another email address, and all will be fine

Considering they ask us in the survey...
a) Which games we have
b) What our preferred delivery platform is
...it'd be nice if we could get a small game or DLC that we don't have on our preferred content delivery platform, if we've indicated that we already have CiM. For instance, maybe those who have CiM but not the expansions could get one of those?

Having said that though, we can't exactly complain about getting something free for giving feedback. Not to mention that I'm sure Paradox will enjoy the free marketing (and presumable later DLC purchases) from people who've already got CiM giving it away to friends who they think will like it. ;)

Done, I put down that I didn't want a new EU3 expansion.

Why?

Because I want EU4. :D