• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good God! I just realized I spent more than $400 on games last year. Curse you GamersGate and your irresistible sales!

Survey was not bad. Great opportunity to tell Paradox that we do not like Facebook. ;)

Just fyi for whoever is running the survey:

Internet access in New Zealand is sold on the basis of monthly amounts, not download speeds, as even the telcos don't know what speed you'll get at your house until you're set up. The amounts are extremely limited by global standards, typically 10-40 GB per month. This is a major consideration for purchasing games or DLC online, moreso than other factors listed.

So, I tell the survey I don't play multiplayer, and then it asks me to rate EU3 muliplayer...

BTW, the survey makes no difference between "own" and "play". How can one rate story if one hasn't started the game once yet?

The survey kept asking me stuff about games I didn't own with no option to abstain from answering. This is probably going to skew the results quite a bit as an answer was required to continue the survey...

The survey kept asking me stuff about games I didn't own with no option to abstain from answering. This is probably going to skew the results quite a bit as an answer was required to continue the survey...

Indeed, that's bad survey design.

Other than that, it was however rather well-built.

I just left some questions unanswered. You didn't have to answer.

:D Done, hopefully it shows up. Thanks

CIM is a real treat by the way. Certainly worth the effort.

A moment of terror: I took a look at my bank data to see how much I spend on games.

It was over €800!

I never did realize how much I spend on games.

A moment of terror: I took a look at my bank data to see how much I spend on games.

It was over €800!

I never did realize how much I spend on games.

I guesstimated €250. About €20 per month on the average.

So, I tell the survey I don't play multiplayer, and then it asks me to rate EU3 muliplayer...
Yes, I noticed this, too. Also it asked me various questions about gametypes that I'd already told it I didn't play (such as FPS, for example).

Still, a bit of fun and hopefully it'll help.

When I completed the survey and hit done in the last page which was asking for my e-mail, it just redirected to main page of Paradox website. I didn't understand if it was completed successfully or not.

One question I had a problem with was "Which of the following distributors do you prefer to buy computer and/or video games from?" My real answer is: those with the best deals. That usually ends up being Steam, which is what I filled, but I actually like GamersGate better on a personal level.

Edit: Oh, and Direct2Drive no longer exists. It's part of Gamefly now, and I probably won't buy there as a result. (I did buy a few games from D2D in the past.)

Can Total War really be considered a turn based strategy game? I mean, the main part of the game, the reason why people play these games, are the battles that are of course held in real time. So I would rather say it's real time strategy.

And another thing, I really find it difficult to say how much time I spend playing certain games on an average basis. Usually I get very interested in a game for a certain time, then I play it a lot. But after some time I get bored with it and only after a while I pick it up again. That's why the average ammount of time spent by me playing a game differs a lot, depending on the time frame being long or short term.

Also, there is the question "34. How often would you like to see...". How could I properly answer it, if I haven't ever played Magicka or King Arthur?

Last edited: