• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The main thing to fix is the dang icons not showing up for assets downloaded from Steam when in game. Basically I dont download any assets other than buildings at this point, since they just become a jumbled sea of non-existant icons. This is single-handedly ruining the mod experience for many people. No point downloading 10 intersections when I cant tell them apart in game - just a sea of duplicate icons in the road menu. Aarrgghh.

Theres a few other top priority things that need to be fixed, including but not limited to :

1) completely messed up hearses and hearse pathfinding (and garbage trucks to some extent)
2) resource industry dying off (because everyone has the same rule : take the best paying job first - and everyone is super qualified equally since they all are PHD university graduates)
3) map resources (oil and ore) being used up way too quickly and giving too much money (make it last much longer, and give less profit to balance it out)
4) everyone living to the same approx age (thereby causing ridiculous death waves)
5) the asset editor locking elevated portions of roads so they are never modifiable or deletable after you save them (thus ruining all your hard work)
6) 4 lane one way roads
7) a reason to use different kinds of power sources (cost/mw means some power sources are basically useless)
8) Being a multi-millionaire mayor by the time you reach 8000 citizens (way too easy to be a multi-millionaire within an hour - crank up either maintenance costs, or lower tax revenues or a combo of the two)

But if I get only one thing, its the icons in game for downloaded assets that will make me happiest. At least then the downloaded assets will become useful. The rest is icing on the cake.

PS, since this sounds like a rant, I need to clarify that I love this game more than life itself (ok thats a little strong but you get my point) and the ridiculous amount of hours I've put into it. Paradox and Colossal Order are my gods and I bow to them and their greatness.

But theres some stuff that need priority fixing pronto and I'm calling it out.

Last edited:
Reactions:
The main thing to fix is the dang icons not showing up for assets downloaded from Steam when in game. Basically I dont download any assets other than buildings at this point, since they just become a jumbled sea of non-existant icons. This is single-handedly ruining the mod experience for many people. No point downloading 10 intersections when I cant tell them apart in game - just a sea of duplicate icons in the road menu. Aarrgghh.

Theres a few other top priority things that need to be fixed, including but not limited to :

1) completely messed up hearses and hearse pathfinding (and garbage trucks to some extent)
2) resource industry dying off (because everyone has the same rule : take the best paying job first - and everyone is super qualified equally since they all are PHD university graduates)
3) map resources (oil and ore) being used up way too quickly and giving too much money (make it last much longer, and give less profit to balance it out)
4) everyone living to the same approx age (thereby causing ridiculous death waves)
5) the asset editor locking elevated portions of roads so they are never modifiable or deletable after you save them (thus ruining all your hard work)
6) 4 lane one way roads
7) a reason to use different kinds of power sources (cost/mw means some power sources are basically useless)
8) Being a multi-millionaire mayor by the time you reach 8000 citizens (way too easy to be a multi-millionaire within an hour - crank up either maintenance costs, or lower tax revenues or a combo of the two)

But if I get only one thing, its the icons in game for downloaded assets that will make me happiest. At least then the downloaded assets will become useful. The rest is icing on the cake.

PS, since this sounds like a rant, I need to clarify that I love this game more than life itself (ok thats a little strong but you get my point) and the ridiculous amount of hours I've put into it. Paradox and Colossal Order are my gods and I bow to them and their greatness.

But theres some stuff that need priority fixing pronto and I'm calling it out.
Your post covers me 100%. All 8 points including asset icons are a MUST for a game like this!

Reactions:
Sounds great, thank you for the update.

I hope tunnels will include at-grade tunnel entrances (so we can dig expressways through downtown cores without needing hills on either end!)

Reactions:
I would like to see a fix of the icons for workshop items. It is becoming very difficult to identify in the toolbar the different modded assets without running the mouse over each one to find the one you want. A fix would be fantastic. :) Carry on the great work, much appreciated.

Reactions:
Hi,

First of all, I think this is a great game and congratulations on reaching 1 million sales!

Second of all, I have three modest proposals that would really aid me in game-play:

- a) it would be very useful to be able to plant "flags" or "poles" that are visible in every map mode. It's really quite tricky setting up roads, zoning and such like to fit what you have set up in terms of water pipes, metros etc., or vice versa. It can also be hard coordinating resource industries well with the areas they are most abundant in. Little marker flags would fix both issues.

- b) it would be nice to be able to turn off the names and policy display for districts sometimes. They really get in the way of doing stuff, because they sit "above" roads, buildings, etc.

- c) I find it very hard to see the difference between "ore" and "forest" at paler intensities, especially where they are mixed/adjacent. A mode to show just one resource at a time (or just turn each one on/off in the resources map mode) would be very nice.

That's it - please keep up the good work!

Reactions:

I really couldn't agree with this more. If CO could fix it so all the icons/images for all asset types could be somewhat easily added, that would be everything to me. Everything else, like tunnels, is just gravy. I hope we can get that sooner than in 1+ month. The workshop is just filling up more and more every day with items without icons.

Reactions:
Any chance we might get Metro stations with more platforms? I've been getting backups because different lines don't get their own platforms, for some reason.

Reactions:
So, now the tunnels.

Please make subway tunnels work with PageUp/PageDown to get them to the surface and elevated - and lower to cross other subway lines without touching them.
I know, that means a visible model of a subway must exist.
And stations for ground level and elevated.

Reactions:
Second of all, I have three modest proposals that would really aid me in game-play:
The Suggestions forum here would be a better place to post these ideas, if they are not there already.