Announcing the launch of the Offical Paradox Wiki Service

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
View attachment 118841
Visit the Paradox Wikis
- We will incorporate Paradox Accounts on the wikis as well. One account to rule them all! This will help us acknowledge contributors and properly award them. Although, to begin with, the current wiki accounts will remain in effect. We will continue to support anonymous edits as has been the practice so far. But posting anonymously will prevent us from crediting you as you deserve, so consider signing up before contributing. (We reserve the right to disable anonymous editing at any time to prevent spam and/or abuse).
What awards?

Awesome. I like the wiki/paradox account merge.
That hasn't happened yet though.

OK, so this is a random request, but I think it would be a really great addition to the wiki that wouldn't be too much of a stretch for you guys to add since you're running it now. A fully interactive version of the in game maps that lets you switch between the various start dates, zoom in and out, switch map modes, etc. At the moment, it's really annoying how if I want to look at the name or shape of a province (say for posting and/or reading something on the subreddit for eu4) I have to spend the time opening the game (which on a crappy computer like mine takes a while) it would be super helpful if I could just access the map online!
I would also really like that; that would make it much easier to talk about a specific province which you may not remember the name of.

You wouldn't believe how complicated that is compared to the current functions of the wikis.
Though it would be kind of awesome regardless, it isn't something that's simple to do.

Some web map viewer could be searched for/adapted perhaps? Or simply embed MichaelM's scenario editor in the page? It's written in java, after all.

New forum? :eek:hmy:Can someone please enlighten me about this?

Do not want to make this thread about the new forum as it is focused on the Wikis, but it is no secret that we will be launching new forum software within the next year. We have kind of outgrown vbulletin. it will not be a huge change to start, our goal is to have roughly the equivalent level of functioning to the current standard at launch. What it will do is lay down the ground work for future customizations and features we want to add.

This sounds great! I'll wait for the official announcement but already I can say that I hope everything is going to work well :)

w00t

Just the bottom line at the wiki superhomepage still reads "This site is not affiliated with Paradox Interactive.".

Do not want to make this thread about the new forum as it is focused on the Wikis, but it is no secret that we will be launching new forum software within the next year. We have kind of outgrown vbulletin. it will not be a huge change to start, our goal is to have roughly the equivalent level of functioning to the current standard at launch. What it will do is lay down the ground work for future customizations and features we want to add.

... like getting the "download all messages" function to work again :laugh:

Paradox and Meneth, doing this is probably the best possible thing you could do to bring new players into the world of grand strategy. Two thumbs up from me. As a decent although not awesome player, I'm sure there are things I will learn about the games I already own from reading up on the wikis as well.

Can mods apply for dedicated wikis too?

Could you consider having French/Spanish/German versions of the wikis or wikis for more games like Sengoku, Darkest Hour or MotE?
Do you answer to questions about the new wiki or not? Or is this the wrong thread to ask in? Because I saw a few questions that were left unanswered.

Last edited:
Awesome news!

Congrats to Meneth and Thank you for all the work you put into the wikis.

I´ll definitly try to contribute more on the wikis, especially for the new games like Skylines :D

Do you answer to questions about the new wiki or not? Or is this the wrong thread to ask in? Because I saw a few questions that were left unanswered.
A number of things are up in the air, so I at least am not comfortable answering those specific questions.

A number of things are up in the air, so I at least am not comfortable answering those specific questions.
Ok, I understand that fully if it is the case for the moment. Good luck anyways!

Glad to hear of this. So many wonderful people to contribute, it'll be awesome!