• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

riknap

Inactive Custodian of the Light
70 Badges
Feb 27, 2011
steamcommunity.com
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Victoria 2
[Intro] EL Psy Congroo: Battle for world-line δ

EL PSY CONGROO: BATTLE FOR WORLD-LINE DELTA
a role-playing invasion modification module
cbpUql.jpg

The year is 1066 AD. The Duke William of Normandy is preparing to cross the English Channel; King Harald Hardrade of Norway is besieging York, while Harold Godwinson of England is marching north to meet him in battle. This three-way struggle which would determine the fate of Albion is well known in the common history of our world, as it would shape events in the centuries to come. What is little known however, is that the sheer magnitude of which the events of this struggle would affect the fate of Europe, and with it the world, had created a ripple in the fabric of space and time itself.

In the forests of Essex, Paris, and near the Alps and Holland, the sorcery of the old gods have come to life. Silver huts with gleaming wings conjured out of ether emerged. Opening their husks, men clad in black and green with dark-colored spears that spewed thunder and fire emerged. Like a handful of lions unleashed upon lambs, they slaughtered the riders and footmen in their way as they seized control of the castles of Westminster, Melun, Kybur, and Vlaardingen.

Days after their advent, a message would spread from these centres to all the courts and taverns of Europe. Calling themselves as the Council of 300, they declared themselves as the masters of time and space. Just as arcane as their draconic arms and enthralling as their silver tongues, so too mysterious was their stated oath: “to rewrite the world-line from this attractor field divergence that humanity be united under the Council”.

Months pass, and after the Franks, Saxons, Swiss, and Frisians, have either accepted or acceded to their superhuman overlords, another wave of incursions occur. In the plains of Constantinople and Cairo beasts of iron and glass emerged. Their riders, men mounted in the stomach of these lions, rode to the gates of the citadels and, unlike the previous invaders in Europe, sought parley and audience with the Basileus and the Caliph. Calling themselves the Fighting Diamondbacks, they declare their goals to be “resistance to the tyranny of the Council of 300”.
According to these newcomers, the interference of the Council of 300 with the attractor field of 1066 would create a world line, which they call world-line beta, where Earth is united under a repressive feudalistic empire and knowledge and individuality suppressed. Knowledge of their interference with the original world line was acquired slowly over centuries, and the capacity to fight back in a war over time and space would bring the battle to the place where it all began.
A war set in the attractor field divergence of 1066 AD. A battle over a new world-line, for world-line δ.
 ​

This mod is essentially two things: an invasion mod partly inspired by the Sunset Invasion DLC (by partly, I mean I was browsing another joke thread about that DLC and I ended up posting something ridiculous since it was 0100 in the morning, and the idea just got stuck on my head), and a role-playing mod loosely inspired by the visual novel Steins;Gate (which in turn is loosely inspired by incidents like that of John Titor , someone who showed up some time ago in the internet claiming to be a time-traveller). To summarize the scenario, there are two competing factions, the Council of 300, which has the goal of uniting Europe and later Earth by taking advantage of the attractor field created by the Norman-Norwegian invasion of England, and the Fighting Diamondbacks, a resistance movement founded in the second world-line with the goal of defeating the world-line interference of the Council of 300.

The first faction, having the goal (not to mention resources) to conquer medieval Europe, will show up directly in the map and are thus playable. Their retinue light-infantry represent paramilitary armed with firearms from our current world-line. They spawn in a claim war for England, France, Frisia, and Lotharinga (since there is no de jure “Switzerland” on vanilla) and come with a truce-less county-invasion CB to represent their goal of slowly conquering Europe (Incidentally, their starting locations are based on the capitals of contemporary UK, France, Switzerland, and Netherlands, which are members of CERN, though we can ignore technobabble like Kerr black-holes and backstory for now). The second faction, being a resistance faction, will primarily be present as mercenary orders and courtiers and affect the game via events (Incidentally, modern Turkey and Egypt are not members of CERN).

Both factions get their own custom culture and traits to represent their unique circumstances, as well as unique province modifiers to represent the fact that they come from the future. In addition, counties conquered by the first faction automatically have max tech to represent them coming from our current advanced world-line, while the second faction would “only” get a tech boost (a massive one though) to represent both the fact that they have limited resources and that they come from a world-line where knowledge is repressed.

Last edited:
[Status] Modding Progress

As I have no modding experience prior to this, the first few iterations will be focused on releasing a skeleton-version of the mod with only the most essential of events and triggers present. Eventually, the full goal of this mod is to give an experience akin to the King Arthur Roleplaying Wargame in terms of story narrative and role-playing.

Below are the planned phases of release.

1) Cold Release - 20%
2) Basic Storyline events - 0%
3) Balancing - 0%
4) Advanced Storyline events - 0%
5) Polishing and further balancing - 0%

Status on the current phase : cold release
conceptualization - 90% (implementation continuously gets revamped as I learn what can and cannot work :p )
encoding of modifiers - 10%
encoding of characters - 0%
encoding of custom content - 0%
encoding of basic events - 0%

ETA: when I actually understand what the hell I'm doing

notes: at the very least, I'm waiting for the Sunset Invasion DLC, since I'd like to at least model my implementation after theirs (I know it's going to be based on the Mongol Invasion events anyway, but I'd like something for further study).
notes: the reason why it's at 80% is because of the differences of the de jure setup between vanilla and CK2, which I plan to make this compatible with (since I almost never play vanilla anymore). I'm still debating on how exactly they should appear.

Last edited:
[for changelogs... and something I might have forgotten and need space for]

Last edited:
don't judge :wub:
:laugh:
I'm impulsive, and ended up making this thread before I could reason with myself (I intended to post only once I have something to upload, but I ended up uploading advertising... and my internet started acting up and I couldn't delete it soon enough once I finally calmed down :laugh: )
I don't even know the names of the exact holdings I intend to edit yet :laugh:

don't judge :wub:
I'm impulsive, and ended up making this thread before I could reason with myself (I intended to post only once I have something to upload, but I ended up uploading advertising... and my internet started acting up and I couldn't delete it soon enough once I finally calmed down :laugh: )
I don't even know the names of the exact holdings I intend to edit yet :laugh:
Well =D don't worry, although this a bit over the top <.>, not sure how steins;gate inspires this though.

Well =D don't worry, although this a bit over the top <.>, not sure how steins;gate inspires this though.
"very loosely", ahaha.
Essentially, I took out bits and pieces from it (those things like the council of 300, rounders, the resistance, the description of the time-machine,,.. and that title..., are from steins;gate. The intent to make this mod a role-playing one is also both homage to and inspired by the fact that it's a visual novel) and mashed them a bit with the help of drowsy euphoria and the Sunset Invasion concept to fit the CK2 feudal-simulation setting.

It does worry me that it's a bit over the top. Still, this doubles as a personal project of sorts to pull me out of the existentialist quagmire I am in real life, so I don't mind splurging a bit in the effort. It'll still be nice though if others actually find it interesting enough to give it a shot and help me further develop it in both mechanics, balance, and narrative.

dame it man i already told you, YOU BROKE MY MIND,

but in other news congratulations i was hopping you would proceed with this but for warning you will break many peoples minds along the way to make this mod:p

It's me. The Organization has succeeded in sending their forces through the time portal. The entire world line's fate is at risk.
What? We have to follow them? Insane! We don't have enough forces to match them, not by a long shot! We'd be exterminated on the spot!
Ah. I see. So this is also the choice of Steins Gate?
Very well. We must go as soon as we can, then.
El. Psy. Congroo.

It's me. The Organization has succeeded in sending their forces through the time portal. The entire world line's fate is at risk.
What? We have to follow them? Insane! We don't have enough forces to match them, not by a long shot! We'd be exterminated on the spot!
Ah. I see. So this is also the choice of Steins Gate?
Very well. We must go as soon as we can, then.
El. Psy. Congroo.
:p

As much as I want to give the Future Gadget Laboratory a direct role in the game, the current concept is slightly different.

Basically, the first invasion will create the beta world-line. During this beta world-line, a resistance would be formed that would then travel back to the 1066 attractor field divergence, which would then create the gamma world-line, the world-line this mod is set in. The result of their battle would decide the fate of the delta world-line.

Of course, this being a homage project, I'll definitely find ways to give them a role (such as courtiers in narrative events like the Greek Fire chain in LOR). But that comes in Phase 3 of the project. I'm still studying CK2 Modding 101 for now :laugh:

I have nothing to add but a 'rock on', I loved Stein's;Gate. When you feel you can do it well I'll definitely poke at it.
bikurishita! X_X
(kinda shocked it appeared in the front page again :laugh: )

*cough*
at the very least, this mod isn't exactly dead (even though the last post was three months ago), but in limbo as I practice my modding skills under other mods until I know enough to actually release a decent mod (because shitty first releases are the worst :D ).

Am I the only one that thought this was a mod about adding a character to the game that would spread a disease that would make everyone walk like they were riding an invisible horse?

Am I the only one that thought this was a mod about adding a character to the game that would spread a disease that would make everyone walk like they were riding an invisible horse?
I'm really curious if you actually posted on the right thread, and if so, where that... most interesting ... idea came from.
skyrim? or a reference I missed?

I fell in love with Stein's Gate, the Anime was so well made and the story really captured my attention, never would I have thought that someone would develop a mod for Steins Gate in Crusader Kings, You have my attention friend, do you need any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.