• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm starting to get a bit worried. I mean, number of Ascension perks getting bigger and bigger, and it begin to lock you out of some stuff that's not really related to each other. Not to mention that a few first perks are pretty limited.
Mutually exclusive and equally viable choices are good and I would love to see more of them.
Anyway, currently "meta" selection of perks looks like this:
  1. Opener
  2. Ascension 1
  3. Habitats
  4. Ascension 2 (can be put at #6 to start building megastructures earlier)
  5. Master builders
  6. Galactic wonders
And you still have 2 slots to spare. Arcology will be occupying one of them and it still leaves one slot for whatever filler perk you feel like taking.

Last edited:
Actually, I think that "Space Vegas" does not make much sense unless you have the "emperor" authority. Spending so many public resources in a gaming machine should cause some kind of crisis or scandal.
I think it does not fit very well in a strategy game like this.
or a hive mind queen dumping whole planets' income into galactic slot machine :)
actually, you are damn right. public funds shouldn't be spent like this.

I would like to congratulate the Stellaris team for memeing it up like absolute champs for this expansion.

Gospel of the Masses civic
I took a screenshot of the megachurch civic for Megacorporations shown on the announcement stream.

stellaris gospel of the masses.jpg

I just realized what I really want to do now:

1) Build habitats
2) Release habitats as megacorp vassals/tributaries
3) Help them grow throughout the galaxy
4) Profit

Wasn’t this more or less jow the mechanic worked in the Civ games that had corporations?

I'm starting to get a bit worried. I mean, number of Ascension perks getting bigger and bigger, and it begin to lock you out of some stuff that's not really related to each other. Not to mention that a few first perks are pretty limited.
Yeah I already play with the more traditions mod which gives many more traditions and unlimited ascension perks. There are still more than enough that you can't really get them all in one game unless you continue far beyond the point where you dominate the galaxy, so the choices are still very meaningful.

So if the dev clash is going to happen on the unfinished 2.2 version, aren't they gonna run into countless bugs?

By the way this was the first time the pc version was shown with this menu ledger on the left, right?
I only remember seeing it in the console version before.
unknown.png

I fully approve of the implementation of a sidebar. This is much better than that confusing drop down menu.

Not sure if already posted but they included a direct reference to EA's hilariously downvoted Reddit post.

unknown.png

Megacorp civics
Some of the Megacorp Civics
upload_2018-10-24_13-22-37.png
upload_2018-10-24_13-24-7.png
upload_2018-10-24_13-25-3.png
upload_2018-10-24_13-26-14.png
upload_2018-10-24_13-27-26.png
upload_2018-10-24_13-27-46.png
upload_2018-10-24_13-28-46.png
upload_2018-10-24_13-29-27.png
upload_2018-10-24_13-35-45.png
upload_2018-10-24_13-38-57.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-24_13-36-51.png
    upload_2018-10-24_13-36-51.png
    2,3 MB · Views: 87
What is an Arcology?
City planet. It means you can't extract minerals or do non-hydroponics farming, but you get tons of housing. Plus manufacturing and services districts
Incorrect.

"Arcology" is a portmanteau of "Architecture" and "Ecology", typically referring to the idea of a giant building/structure that acts as an "enclosed city", mostly or entirely self-sufficient and designed such that its inhabitants would never need to leave the arcology to fulfil their needs.

A "city planet" is an ecumenopolis, which in made up of many arcologies.

Incorrect.

"Arcology" is a portmanteau of "Architecture" and "Ecology", typically referring to the idea of a giant building/structure that acts as an "enclosed city", mostly or entirely self-sufficient and designed such that its inhabitants would never need to leave the arcology to fulfil their needs.

A "city planet" is an ecumenopolis, which in made up of many arcologies.
Thanks!

Edit: Also thanks to @Calvax.